Ashes of Paradise

Ashes of Paradise

A Poem by *~*Butterfly Kisses*~*
"

Prose poetry, for the sake of having something new. I warn it's a bit dark.

"

Burning the ashes of paradise, falling diligently into my palms. Wet and drenched in the never ending tears of a cruel demise in the burnt nothingness of what-could-have been.  Echoes in the distance lost in their own paradise where I only exist in shadow. The eternal skies of my horizons painted black in the lost promises made only in your eyes. The shards of my glass walls I once built up to the heavens to force the evilness away from my broken soul only to have them fall to pieces in an instant, forcing yourself into my life like a knight in shining armor. Only a devil in disguise.

We could have had it all as I take my final breath before you are only just a mere memory in my wasted life.

© 2012 *~*Butterfly Kisses*~*


Author's Note

*~*Butterfly Kisses*~*
I suppose its not very dark at all, and can be taken in different aspects. But I'll leave that job up to my readers.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

A strong poem. I believe many people have regrets for leaving or hurting another. I have many. Most of us wish we could do a re-take and been kinder. I like the story and the strong ending. Thank you for sharing the excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Touching...and yet so emotional...

Posted 12 Years Ago


this is emotional...

...overall, i see this as finely written

Posted 12 Years Ago


very strong poem....

Posted 12 Years Ago


Whoa, This was excellent writing intwined with sadness and a hint of darkness!

Posted 12 Years Ago


A solid write! Oh my, so many awesome lines! Bravo!!
100/100

Posted 12 Years Ago


Very strong and well written. You did great and I love it.

Posted 12 Years Ago


A strong poem. I believe many people have regrets for leaving or hurting another. I have many. Most of us wish we could do a re-take and been kinder. I like the story and the strong ending. Thank you for sharing the excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is intoxicating.

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is quite nice! Great write:-)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Not quite sure what you are saying here .. You are taking your own life, so he will not even be a memory in your mind ? .. You reached for the good in life, but let the evil of him change your direction .. hummm .. .. Be the master of you, don't allow some-one to bring down your dreams ...

interesting maze of thoughts .. .. Jazz

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

584 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on January 30, 2012
Last Updated on February 1, 2012

Author

*~*Butterfly Kisses*~*
*~*Butterfly Kisses*~*

Somewhere between TN and NYC, TN



About
My name is Anna Rose... what can I say about myself? I'm 20 learning to live on my own, trying to escape from a dark part of my life. Been writing my heart since I was able to write. I write whate.. more..

Writing