The Man on the road part 16

The Man on the road part 16

A Story by Buzz_Reynolds
"

yay!

"
The Man on the Road part 16


"Marty are you okay?" Jen said as she was shaking him. "Marty wake up, you and I are the only ones left". Marty moved his arm ever so slightly and Jen could see that he was breating, but Marty still didn't make a sound. There was wreckage all over Jen couldn't believe her eyes, nor could she remember anything, since leaving that strange planet with the man who had given them so much. Now they were crashed on some unknown planet and she had no idea where anyone but the unresponsive Marty was located. She didn't even know how either she or Marty survived, in fact one of the few things she did know was that less then one hundred yards from her she saw the most beautiful bird she had ever seen, It had a long swan like green neck, a body not unlike that of a peacock but with feathers that you could not take your eyes off of! She could see every color she could name and hundreds of others she couldn't dream of. For some reason she couldn't take her eyes off of this bird. Forgetting about Marty she stands up and starts slowly walking to it, the bird turns toward her and starts to move closer itself, she gets to about ten yards away from the bird when it starts to change, it still has the same green neck just slightly thicker, with an ugly bare raptor like body and a head full of teeth, it was the most revolting thing she could think of, besides carl, but for some reason she was still stuck looking at it, her body moving slowly towards it on its own.


*THWACK*

The thing she can now only describe as a monster drops to the ground like an empty sack its body lifeless. Confused Jen starts to come to her senses and looks around in wonderment. A man appears from the edge of a nearby forest, he's not what you would expect of a usual knight in shining armor that just saved you from some unknown beast, he is a short fat man with a very scarred face in his middle years. Although fat it is obvious he is very strong, like a little tank he moves towards her cautiously. Jen still not completely understanding what just happened simply turns around to go back to Marty ignoring the short man who follows from a slight distance. "Marty I need you to wake up" She says upon arriving to him, but still there is no response from him. " Why did you go towards the Conpress, do you wish for death?" Jen jumped in startled that the man spoke to her. After a pause with no response, he asks again "Did you want death, the Conpress will bring you death quickly but painfully... you do understand me yes?" Amazed for the second time in less then five minutes she turns to him and the only word she can say is "sandwich" she sits down in shock everything that just happened to her rushing through her brain and nearly turning it off.


Well join me next time in the man on the road!

© 2012 Buzz_Reynolds


Author's Note

Buzz_Reynolds
Trying to add to this when I can I have a lot of ideas to go in here!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

short but a piece of exceptional imagery and skill. i liked it.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

204 Views
1 Review
Added on January 5, 2012
Last Updated on January 5, 2012

Author

Buzz_Reynolds
Buzz_Reynolds

Stroudsburg, PA



About
Hi I'm just your average, not at all average 21 year old. I love to read, write, and doing arithmetic (math just in case), so you can guess how well i fit into the triple R theme many schools seemed t.. more..

Writing