Chapter 1: Luna

Chapter 1: Luna

A Chapter by CJP.Langen

“Luna Roosveld! Come to the principal office immediately. I repeat, Luna Roosveld to principal office,” said a voice when I just sat on my long awaited break. Great, what now? Did I piss someone off again? This would be the fifth time this week and it is only Wednesday!


      “Who did you piss of this time?” My best friend, Lida joked.


      “Why would I know, I was with you the whole time! Did you see anyone who I should have ticked off?” I said irritated.


      “Not that I know off, but hey, I wear contacts. So I must be blind somehow,” she said with a smile.


      I sighed, “Well then, I’m off. Save my muffin for me when I get back. And no biting a chuck out of it,’ I said as I looked at my friend.


      “Who would do that?” Lida said as she tried an innocent smile, but failed as she laughed.


      “Roosveld, principal now!”


      “That’s the que, bye.” I waved at my friend, turned around and left my muffin with my friend never seeing it again.


      I was welcomed at the principal’s secretary desk by Mrs. Daniels, a not to skinny woman with an attitude like she owned the place. “So Miss Roosveld, back again?”


      “As you wouldn’t know Mrs. Daniels? I was here like… uhm… four hours ago.” I said as I set a smile on my face.


      Mrs. Daniels reached at the buttons of her phone, “Miss Roosveld is here to see your Charles.” A screeching sound and silence. Behind me the door opened.


      “Miss. Roosveld, please come in,” Principal Jackson said. He was a sturdy man, not long which made him well fat. He claims to have studied wrestling when he was young. Made the whole class laugh when he made the announcement.


      “Well, couldn’t wait to see me Charles,” I said as I walked past him.


      “That’s Principal Jackson to you Miss Roosveld.” He replied with a grimace.


      “I’ve been here five times this week alone, I think we’re past all the Misses that and Principal this nonsense,” I said.


      “Since you don’t seem to pay any respect to a senior, I will cut to the chase.” He said as he motioned me to sit. I, however, chose to stand. I wouldn’t be here for five minutes, so I saw no point in sitting down.


      “Okay,” he said as he sit down in his own chair behind his dark oak desk with trash spread over it. Documents were shattered everywhere, how the hell did he find stuff in that mess?


      “Miss. Roosveld, as you have said, this is the fifth time this week you have been inside this office, does that not give any indication of something is wrong?” He asked me.


      “First off, it wasn’t my idea to come here, well the first one was actually my fault. I mean, I was late for the bus, which made me late for class. The second one wasn’t my found since I didn’t threw anything to Julia Dicksons and the third one was a case of the wrong place at the wrong time. I mean, fifty others were watching the fight, I wasn’t the only one. Then there the last time, well a case of a late entry again. And lastly this time I have no idea, why I’m here.” I spoke fast. I took a deep breath to satisfy my lungs after the long sentences.


      “Miss. Roosveld. The first time you came here because you were late for the tenth time. Then we have footage that you threw something at Julia Dicksons. The third time you were picked out of the crowd because the overseer saw you there for the fourth time as a bystander of a fight. The fourth time you came late because you had an ‘unfortunate’ accident and lastly you are here, not because you did something, but because you will do something.” Principal Jacksons read from a page in what I assumed is my file.


      “Are you a fortuneteller now? Why should I do something?” I said as I had a feeling I wouldn’t like what would come next.


      “But Miss. Roosveld, you should already know this. You are transferring. That’s reason you are being a rebel, right?”


      Now, that was something I had expected. “Transferring to where, I am fine where I am, thank you very much.” I said as I sat down. Transferring, where and why?


      “Didn’t your mother say anything to you? I assumed you knew of this.”


      “Well, my mother came home yesterday from a three-double shift. She was away when I woke up this morning, before she pulled another double shift so I’m pretty she didn’t mention anything me transferring!” I yelled.


      “Okay, my bad then. I apologize. Then this would seem a shock to you. Let me get Mrs. Jacksons to explain everything that is going on.” The principal said as he pushed a button. “Eva, can you get Edith for me?”


      “Sure, Charles. She will be there shortly,” answered the voice.


      Great, counseling. Again.


      “I don’t need counseling, I’ll talk this to my mother tonight. If you excuse me, I will punch something if you don’t let me go.


      “Miss. Roosveld, no punching, if you need to release your anger, than I advise to run a few rounds on the court.” He said sternly.


      “Fine, I’m going to run.” I said as I stood up and walked away. I search my bag for my phone. When I felt it and dialed my mom’s number.


      “This is Amelia Roosveld, currently I am unavailable. Please leave a message and I will call you back.” Great, no answer. I hang up and dialed again.


      “This is Amelia Roosveld, currently I am unavailable. Please leave a message and I will call you back.”


      “Mom, why the hell am I transferring?! And why did found this out at the principal office?! If you don’t call me right now, I swear to….”


      I heard a click at the other end, “Yes, dear. What’s wrong?” My mom’s voice said.


      “Mom, why am I transferring?” I snarled.


      “Honey, I’m sorry. I meant to tell you but with all the double shifts I just couldn’t find the right time.”


      “Jeez mom, you couldn’t take one minute to tell me what was going on?!” I sighed, no point in being angry at her. “When?”


      “In two weeks”


      Two weeks? Two weeks!


      “You got to be kidding me! Two weeks! Well thanks, mom.”


      “Honey, it’s going to be fun. I will talk to you tonight. I took the night off to tell you this. We’ll talk then. We’ve an emergency okay. One of the nurses is sick, so I have to take her place, but I am back at seven. Bye, honey. I love you.” My mom said hastily.


      I sighed, “Mom, I love you too. See ya tonight. I’ll cook pizza.”


      “Thanks honey, you’re the best”


      And she hung up. Well, I’m not going to class I’ll probably will trash something. I decided to take up the offer to run a few rounds at the track court.


      I changed my clothes and headed to the tracks. Better get going.









© 2015 CJP.Langen


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Quite interesting. As a person that writes in first person myself I must say with a bit of cleaning up with grammar and more defined details it will be awesome. I like the attitude if your main character.

Posted 8 Years Ago


CJP.Langen

8 Years Ago

Thank you very much for your review.
I'll try to implement your suggestions.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

150 Views
1 Review
Added on November 3, 2015
Last Updated on November 4, 2015