Chapter 9: Luna

Chapter 9: Luna

A Chapter by CJP.Langen

Today was Saturday, it was only yesterday that the invader broke in to my aunt’s house. Doctor Lemmens said that my aunt was fine, but my injuries needed time to heal. My aunt woke up after two hours since Alpha and Kai went home. I was so relieved that she woke.


      She immediately pulled me into a hug and apologized repeatedly. I had to convince her I was fine, minus some small injuries. My neck hurts like hell, I bruised some ribs when Alpha pinned me to the ground and a small concussion when he tackled me.   But that wasn’t the only thing that made my life somewhat unpleasant.


      Mr. Forn returned with the announcement I was summoned to the Sunday meeting, like Alpha already said. My aunt didn’t received no punishment, but me? Well, guess who got the jackpot? Me! I will hear my punishment at the meeting and at the sound of it, I wouldn’t like it.


      Mr. Forn said I shouldn’t be afraid of it, he already took me under his wing, which I gratefully accepted. He didn’t say anything about why he was surprised when he asked me some questions. His only response was that I would know when the time was right. Guess I have to wait.


      “Luna, I’m going to the store. Do you need anything?” Aunt Denise asked when she walked into the living room. I was just going through the rules of Red Street High, since I wouldn’t want another ‘accident’ because I didn’t ‘know’ the rules.


      “I’ll go, you have to take some time to rest.” I said as I stood up.


      “I’m fine. The doctor said it so didn’t he?” she counteracted.


      “Well, you scared the hell out of me”


      “You did the same, you know.” My aunt pouted.


      “You know, I’ll come with you. It’s better for me to know where the store is.”


      “Alright, get your coat and let’s get moving.” My aunt said as she already walked through the door.


 


***


We walked down the aisle of the meat section when I noticed people were whispering around us.


      “Aunt Denise, why are people whispering?” I asked.


      “Bet it’s because we caused a scene at our doorstep yesterday. In this town, nothing is left untold. The minute the people heard of the incident, the whole town already knew. Don’t beat it, sweetie. It made the day a lot less boring in this little town” my aunt said with a wink.


      “That’s the girl,” one woman said.


      “The Impure’s Daughter?” whispered another.


      “Why would Denise take her in? It’s unheard of!” another man said just hard enough for my aunt to look at him. She locked eyes, stared and moved on, neglecting everything people said.


      I was worried. I know that I caused a scene, but it wasn’t like I broke a rule by defending my aunt or myself.


      “Don’t sweat it sweetie. I ignore all of them, you should do the same,” my aunt whispered.


      “Yeah, I will.” I said as I looked at the people who gossiped.


      They instantly looked away. Cowards.


      “Are you coming?” my aunt asked.


      “Good evening, ladies” said a voice behind me. I spun around to look who it was.


      It was Mr. Forn. Now I had to time pay attention of his looks. His was old but still had young features surrounding his face. His hair was gray but his gray eyes showed no old age. They still smiled youth. I already decided I would like like.


      “Hello Mister Forn. How are you tonight?” I answered his greeting.


      A few gasps made me look around. Some people looked disgust, others horrified. What was their deal?


      “Elder Forn, how can we help you today?”  A store clerk rushed to us.


      “Nothing, Arren. I just wanted to talk to these ladies to ask how they were,” Mr. Forn said without making eye contact with the man called Allen.


      “Oh, then please excuse me Elder Forn. I will help other clients. If you need me, please shout and I will be with you shortly,” Allen said, spun around and hastily walked away.


      “Elder Forn, we’re doing fine. Please don’t concern yourself with us. You have other worries, it wouldn’t be right to make more.” My aunt politely said.


      “No worries, you’re not making more troubles, in fact you’re helping me”


      “How so?” I dared to ask.


      More gasps.


      “Well, not now of course, we’re standing in the store. But in the future, you’ll help me a great deal, Luna.” He said with a nonchalance.


      Okay, weird stuff. This place is weird, like seriously weird. I cursed inwardly at my mom, why would she dump me in this place?


      “I wanted you ask Luna to come by my place after the Sunday meeting, if that’s alright with you Denise?” Mr. Forn directed the question to my aunt.


      “Uh,… yes of course that’s alright with me Elder Forn.” My aunt stuttered.


      “Lovely, I’ll be waiting at the exit. Please seek me up.”


      “Of course, Elder Forn.” My aunt said uncomfortably.


      No asking me?


      “Luna, I know you’re going through a difficult time in moving here. This community can be,” he searched for words, “…complex. As an Elder of this community it’s my duty to help were there are troubles.”


      “I have no troubles. Everything is fine,” I said irritated.


      More gasps.


      For the love of god, “People, stop gasping. Don’t like what you see? Deal with it! I made a scene yesterday. So what? Nobody was murdered and nobody was seriously injured. If nothing exciting happens in this town, not my problem, but don’t make an attraction out of me, will you?” I shouted. Not hard to be offensive but hard enough to get my point through.


      “Luna, keep your tone in check!” my aunt scolded me.


      “What, they got on my nerve. It’s not my problem that don’t like what they hear or see.” I defended myself.


      “Denise, it’s alright. It’s quite amusing to hear.” Mr. Forn joined.


      “See? No big deal” I huffed.


      Mr. Forn was laughing. “I like her backbone.”


      “Well, her backbone will be my dead” my aunt said as she tried to hide her smile, but lost. She laughed, too.


      “Not funny” I said, immediately followed by me joining the laughter.


      “Well, if you excuse me. My wife will get angry at me if I don’t bring her ingredients for dinner.” Mr. Forn excused himself.


      “Please tell Mrs. Forn my greetings,” my aunt said as a goodbye.


      “I will,” Mr. Forn turned around and walked to the counter.


      We also paid our groceries and walked home.


      Eyes followed us everywhere.


      Great, one day in this town and I’m already the topic gossip.


      I sighed. “I’m sorry Aunt Denise. It seems I already started trouble.”


      “It’s okay honey. Just don’t make more is all I say.”








© 2015 CJP.Langen


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

151 Views
Added on November 6, 2015
Last Updated on November 7, 2015