Dorothy

Dorothy

A Chapter by C. William

On a lovely Thursday morning, during a short road trip, we stopped for breakfast, in a small town diner. This is where we met...DOROTHY

Every Thursday, at 6:30 in the morning, you could find Dorothy, and 3 of her coworkers, sitting around the second booth on the left, enjoying a cup of coffee and their small breakfast, discussing how the day would go. Dorothy was the English teacher at the local elementary school. She was that one teacher that everyone remembers, that gets mentioned in the Valedictorian’s graduation speech, every couple of years. Dorothy was that one teacher, sweet as can be, understanding, but that was also firm enough, that the students respected her, and never tried anything in her class…or if they did, it was only once. Everybody in town knew and loved Dorothy.
As the years have passed, the foursome of teachers continued to meet for their breakfast. Even though, one by one, they began to retire, the weekly breakfasts continued.
Now, at the age of 73, Dorothy is the only member of the Thursday breakfast group, still able to come to the diner. Even though every waitress stops to greet her, having at one time or another, spent time in her class, it can't bring back the friends that used to sit around the table with her. She knows, that only too soon, it will be another group’s turn, at the second booth on the left.


© 2020 C. William


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

38 Views
Added on May 11, 2020
Last Updated on May 11, 2020


Author

C. William
C. William

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by C. William


Bob Bob

A Chapter by C. William