Make me Believe.

Make me Believe.

A Story by Kane
"

Made for the contest: My own world Inspired by: isekai kara mondaiji tachi ga (it's an anime)

"

Ace was lying on the beach. His headphones were on his ears, but they didn't give any noise. "Ah I'm bored, so very bored. If I could sell my boredom I'm pretty sure that I could live my life to the fullest with a castle and would never ever need to work again," he complained. Suddenly, He saw something shining in the air. He grabbed it and then was falling. He fell through the sky. But although he was flying in abnormal speeds, he had the same bored look. Suddenly, he landed with a splash in a lake.

Ace got out of the lake and looked at the sky. He noticed someone hiding in a bush, but ignored him. The person though, started a monologue and Ace got annoyed.

"Hey! If you want to say something just get it over with!" He complained. The person who was holding the monologue shrank and hid away behind the bush, further down, but then came out with a smile. Ace looked at her. She had a beautiful face with auburn hair. She had an incredibly short skirt but just long enough to not be able to see anything. Her blouse was dark blue with yellow buttons and red handcuffs. She was about to say something but Ace shut her out of his brain and checked if his headphones still worked. His MP3 player surprisingly worked, and his headphones as well. Ace looked up and saw the girl talk and then turned his MP3 player off and asked: "I'm sorry, can you repeat the whole thing? I sort of didn't listen." The girl looked at him annoyed and then shouted: "LISTEN WILL YOU! What I said, is that you are now in the world of Quolt. It's a place where everything is decided by different mini games which can differ. You bet different things like money or fame or maybe even a special power called Torns. Torns are powers you can only use in this world. You receive them once you enter this world, but lose them once you leave."

Ace smiled and said: "Seems interesting, but why are you telling me this?" "Because I want to hire you, hiring people from other worlds is quite a gamble, but sometimes you get lucky and get very strong Torn users. By the way, if you can win a Game against me, I will fulfill one of your wishes."

Ace's smile widened at that and said: "Okay, let's play."

 

 

A table stood in between the two. The girl had cards on the table and said: "If it's a Joker, you win, if not, you lose."

"If I lose I need to fulfill one of your wishes I guess. Alright, but how about this; I pull two cards, one of them is the ace of spades, and the other is the black and white Joker."

"That's a handicap for you, are you sure?" she asked.

"Don't worry, I'll win," Ace replied, confident.

The cards were spread out and Ace grinned. He pulled out on card and then turned it over, saying: "Ace of spades," and then turned over the next card: "Colored Joker," and the next: "King of hearts, 8 of clubs and Jack of clubs." All the cards he named were on the table, turned up. The girl looked at him, amazed and then asked: "How...?"

"How you ask? I just let the cards come to me,"  Ace grinned, "by the way, I never caught your name."

"Olivia..." she said, dazed. Ace shrugged and smiled. Suddenly, Olivia realized the bet and asked: "What is your wish?"

Ace examined her body, but then grinned and said: "I only want you to answer this question: Is this place interesting?"

A grin grew on Olivia's face and she said: "Yes, it is incredibly fun with new challenges every day and new kinds of people and powers as well as places to discover."

Ace smiled at that and said: "Then, I guess I might stay here until it gets boring."

 

 

Olivia walked along the path, all giddy. Suddenly, she saw a boy in a gray robe. The robe had a snake like pattern and a yellow hood. Olivia stopped in front of him and said: "Hello George, I'm back."

"Welcome back Olivia. Why are you so happy?" George asked in return.

"Well, I summoned an incredible rookie," Olivia answered.

"But where is he then?" George looked around. Olivia was surprised at the question and looked around herself, but saw no one. "AH! GOD! I told him to follow me," Olivia complained, "wait here George, I'll go find him."

George didn't even have time to reply as Olivia activated one of her Torns. Boots with wings appeared on her feet and she flew across the sky. While she flew she kept on having the thought: 'If I'm too late he might be in trouble, he could maybe challenge a god.'

After about ten minutes she saw Ace's silhouette close to a waterfall. His headphones covered his ears and he had a wicked grin across his face. Olivia landed next to him and shouted: "WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE? I TOLD YOU THAT YOU SHOULDN'T WANDER OFF!" Ace turned to her and said: "Chill, I didn't do anything."

"Nothing? You didn't challenge a god?" Olivia asked.

"Me? No, I didn't challenge only one god," Ace replied.

"That's good then," Olivia started, but then realization dawned upon her, "What do you mean, 'only one god'?"

Ace smiled but then the earth broke apart and people in black armor on horses with swords of different shapes came out. Their armors gleamed with the same pattern, their horses had purple flames as manes and yet, one of them stood out. "You insolent fool, you will die for your ignorance, CHARGE!" the god shouted. Olivia panicked and jumped into the air, but then saw Ace standing there.

"Heh, you didn't lie Olivia, this place is interesting," Ace said while the gods charged forward with purple flames trailing behind them. Ace stood there and then said: "I am Ace, I am the Joker, I am the Reaper, and the Ace of the World. Fear me."

Just as Ace uttered those words, cards surrounded him. Three cards then showed three different images: A Reaper, a Joker and the Ace of Spades. Those cards disappeared and then, the gods suddenly all collapsed. Ace smiled and the three cards reappeared next to him. Olivia looked surprised at Ace who walked towards the fallen gods and then said: "I want my reward." One of the gods slowly got up and then threw something at Ace. It was a box. The gods vanished and then flew into the box. "First win, get," Ace said as if it was a game achievement and then turned to Olivia. "As you can see, I won and got you a bit more power," Ace smiled a smile which pissed Olivia off. "Jeez, you're so troublesome," Olivia replied and threw her shoe at him. Ace dodged and laughed. But although Ace was incredibly sharp at noticing things, he never noticed the sky change and a card showing an ace of spades being shown.

 


The night had fallen and Ace and Olivia were standing in front of a pair of gates with George. "These are the gates to our guild home. But before you step in, I must warn you, once you step in, you become a part of our guild and most fight for independence. Also, we are not the best guild there is, so if you want more power, leave." Ace smirked and patted his head: "Now where is the fun in that? If I am among the strong, I can't fight them can I? Count me in." Ace kicked the gates open and stepped through. Immediately seeing the devastation among the guild grounds. "Well, this seems... wow, that is unexpected..."

                    To be continued (When I have time)

© 2014 Kane


Author's Note

Kane
Short story :D
Pictures to follow soon :D

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

A catchy background to start with. You have sailed here very well and in a fluidic way. I can't await your upcoming innovations to carry this on. Please be brisk in your approach because this idea of yours was a boosting kickstart.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Kane

10 Years Ago

Thanks :D I appreciate your comment, I'm just keeping it incomplete for a bit because I'm still deci.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

157 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 29, 2013
Last Updated on March 1, 2014

Author

Kane
Kane

Somewhere over there, Germany



About
I am a person who enjoys reading the work of other people but also like to try writing fantasy novels. Currently running series: None On Hiatus: Alcatraz, Yggdrasil, Fly like the bird you are,.. more..

Writing
Forests Forests

A Story by Kane


Something weird Something weird

A Chapter by Kane