The Madness

The Madness

A Poem by Dannie
"

No rhyme scheme, just prose.

"
This house seeps anger. It covers the floors and the walLs. I can feel it in the sidewalks in the yard leading up to the house and it makes everyone uneasy. When I open the door it's like gelatin. Some of the juices drip out but the solidity rEmains. I wade in and it soaks into my clothes, my skin, my bones, just a little more. This house is so angry. But the anger is slippery and I escape downsTairs easily. The anger is not so thick in my room, it only coMes with those who produce it. There is some, but the madness is mine. When the dinner timE comes it is hard to get back up the stairs. The anger comes flooding down, fighting against me, I am like a salmon. I sit dOwn and am suddenly submerged up to my elbows. The anger rises sometimes and it chokes me. I have to swallow it, breathe it in, if I spit out the anger it comes rUshing back with interest. Sometimes the anger makes me so sick I vomit, then the anger rises above our heads because I have contained so much of it and there is nothing to do but attack. This house is so angry. I live here but do not call iT home.

© 2010 Dannie


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is how I felt when I entered the home of my ex girlfriend, after meeting her father. lol
Great poem. I won't pretend to know what I'm talking about when reviewing poetry. I just know when it touches home base with me.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Very good descriptions used. Having just watched Rose Red i thought of that house.
It seems as if the anger and the writer feed off one another.
Interesting story.

Chloe

Posted 14 Years Ago


Awesome job! The metaphorical desriptions were epic, and I know how you feel. The madness that is mine is like a "home-safe" pun-unintended and it's awesome how your describe a feeling, with metaphors all the way through. Good job Dannith

Posted 14 Years Ago


I once walked into a place like this.. It's astonishing how much atmosphere can affect oneself. Thank you! I enjoyed this read.. very deep:)

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

225 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 4, 2010
Last Updated on May 4, 2010

Author

Dannie
Dannie

British Columbia, Canada



Writing
Oh, my head Oh, my head

A Poem by Dannie


Insomnia Insomnia

A Poem by Dannie



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..