Part one

Part one

A Chapter by Calibaster
"

if you want to know about it, read it.

"

 

"Everything is ready sir”

            “Excellent.”“ The shadowed figure placed his pale hands on the desk, his bony fingers clacking on the hard wood as he stood. He let out a long sigh, that was actually more of a wheeze,” Press the Button.”

            “Yes sir!” Cried the cowering man before saluting the figure and yelling into a microphone,” Launch!” The office overlooked a large laboratory, with men in white coats running about hurriedly. Their echoing shouts were drowned out by a loud rumbling sound, the ground was shaking, and the figure leaned forward in his seat, his knuckles white from grabbing the arms of his chair. Then there was an explosion as it launched. The figure smiled,” The superheroes will never know what hit them, much less be able to stop it.”

            Superman was floating just above the city, his red cape flying behind him dramatically. He smiled his most confident smile, knowing full well that there were fans taking pictures of him. That’s when he heard the explosion. His confidence slipped away along with his smile as he watched a huge purple wave come towards him through the air. Somehow, he could just tell that that wave wouldn’t affect any people, and somehow, he knew it would affect him! He flew for it.

            Batman watched with satisfaction as the policemen hauled the Joker to their blinking car, then he turned to disappear like usual, when suddenly, he heard the explosion. He turned slowly, almost unable to believe his eyes when he saw a glowing purple energy wave spreading through the sky. Then he muttered, his voice shaking slightly,” Robin, to the batmobile.”

            Spiderman was swinging through the buildings happily, he had just kissed his girlfriend after all! As he was coming up through the air on one particular swing, he saw a big purple cloud of what looked to him like insects, moving through the sky at an alarming rate! He also managed to notice as he got higher and higher, that it wasn’t hurting anyone, in fact, no one was noticing it! That’s when he got the sickening yet distinct feeling that it was after him, and no one else. Instead of letting go of his web, he let it swing him overhead backwards, then, letting go, twisted in the air and was soon swinging quickly in the opposite direction.

            Tony Stark was up in the top of the Avengers tower with Pepper Potts, going through some files, when his Avengers Assemble card started blinking, he pulled it out, sighed, and went to get his suit on. Pepper continued to go through the files in silence for a while, till he came back in, suit on. He said,” Pepper, I’m going to be gone for a while, I think Antman and Wasp are the ones calling me.” She merely nodded in reply. Then he picked up a drink, and turned to the huge window, taking a sip as he did. He froze, halfway through the sip, and Pepper looked up worriedly when his glass shattered on the ground,” Are you all right? … Tony? Tony!” But he was frozen, gazing at something she couldn’t see, a great big purple cloud rolling towards them very quickly.

            Thor was walking through the hall in Stark towers along with two other Avengers, Dr. Bruce Banner and Captain America. Bruce was talking about some Gamma Radiation involved thing when suddenly they heard cries from the other room,” Tony! Tony! Somebody help!” Thor burst through the door, Captain America and Banner following closely behind, only to see Tony, standing frozen with a broken champagne glass at his feet, gazing out the window at something that caught their eyes almost immediately. Thor finally answered Peppers cries by saying,” It is some sort of purple storm, and it seems to be coming this way quickly!”

“It’s not Gamma Radiation, That’s for sure.” Banner said calmly.

“Not magic.” Thor confirmed.

“Not good.” The Captain cried,” Run!”

“But what about Hawkeye and Black Widow?” Banner objected,"And Black Panther, Wasp and Antman?"

“There is no possible way to get them! They're probably already hit!” Thor cried, and bent down, shielding himself with his arms as it came ever closer. “But what is it?!” Pepper shouted for the fifth time, finally waking Iron Man from his stupor. Tony turned towards her and said,” Whatever it is, we can’t stop it, and if you can’t see it, then it isn’t a threat to you, but we can see it, so …” He let the sentence hang, and closed his helmet with a click.

            Robin was driving the Batmobile as fast as he possibly could, asking Batman for the billionth time,” So, … what was it exactly that we were running away from?”

“Just drive!” Came Batman’s terrified reply.

“ Well, I can’t see it!” Robin huffed,” So you can’t expect me to be scared! Why am I driving anyway? You’re a better driver!”

“Just in case.” Batman whispered.

“Just in case what?” Robin asked, exasperated.

“Something happens to me.” Was Batman’s almost inaudible reply.

“Ugh,” Robin muttered, giving up.

            Antman was with Wasp and Black Panther when he saw the sky turning purple, Black Panther looked at it with keen eyes before saying,” We need to get back to the tower, there is no way we can fight that.”

“I think we can fight it!” Wasp cried, adrenaline making her flit about nervously as the great big purple circle expanded.

“No,” Antman agreed with Black Panther,” Let’s leave. Now.” Then they both followed Black Panther back towards the quinjet, leaving the seaside and flying towards the Avengers tower. Which was very close to being added to the growing circle of purple energy.

          Superman was flying away from the purple wave at top speed, which for him, was pretty darn fast. Yet, the wave was still catching up with him, he looked behind him, worried. He was even more alarmed when he saw that he was in the same place as when he had started, so he sped up. Now the wave was coming faster! He slowed down, no longer using superspeed, and to his great relief, finally started moving! But now that he was no longer flying as fast as he could, he found that it was slow going, and knew that the wave was going to catch up with him. So he veered in a different yet familiar direction,"Batman," he muttered,"Batman will help me."

         Meanwhile, in the Batcave, the Batmobile had arrived. Batman leapt out swiftly, and ran into the other room, his voice came echoing back," Robin! Help me put up all the defences!" Robin got out of the Batmobile slowly, shaking his head. Inside he found Batman hurrying around,"Help me!" He cried as he smashed his fist into a button. Robin started helping, shaking his head and muttering something like," Boy, he's really cracked this time."

         Just then, Superman swooped in, landing lightly next to Batman who said," I was wondering when you would show."

"You see it too, right?" Superman asked.

"Yes." Batman replied, and Robin noticed with intrest that he seemed to be calm and assertive now instead of flustered."Can the Batcave protect us from it?"

"Maybe."Batman cast a slightly doubtful glance around the room before saying,"I certainly hope so." Then he turned to Robin and said in his harsh way,"Robin! Don't stop putting up the defences now!"

"Yes Batman." Robin replied, turning back to the controls. Then he felt a wave sweep through the room, and turned back to them, starting to ask,"Did you guys feel-" He froze, instead of Batman and Superman, two babies dressed in smaller versions of Superman's and Batman's suits were staring at him,"-that." He ended in a whisper.

       Spiderman was swinging towards the center of the city, trying to get away from the purple cloud that was slowly gaining on him! He was just flying over a building when it occurred to him that he wasn't alone in this! The Avengers were still there, and if anyone could help him, it was them! He swung quickly towards their tower, and seeing as he was in too much of a hurry to use the door, swung right through the window ... and right into Iron Man! They both fell to the floor with an,"Oomph!" At the same time a woman screamed. Spiderman leapt to his feet, and said,"I need your help." 

"You can see it too?" Asked an unimportant man in the corner.

"Yes!"He cried in reply.

"Well, that's just great. So now can you get off me?" Iron man asked irritably,before yelling,"Jarvis, put up the defenses! Now!"

"Right away sir," replied an electronic voice,"Putting up the defenses, will finish in 10,9,8,7-"

"Faster Jarvis!" Iron man cried, now with a touch of fear in his voice.

"3,2-"

"Too late!" Cried Captain America.

"1-" the wave swept through the room, and spiderman watched from a diminishing view as the woman gasped and stuttered,"You-yo-you're all bab-babies!"

           Hawkeye was in the middle of a romantic dinner with Black Widow when they both heard a scream, Black Widow jumped up and ran to the door, while Hawkeye leapt up, his bow suddenly in his hands with an arrow knocked. Black Widow opened the door cautiously, looking left and right before motioning Hawkeye forward. Just then they both heard the voice of Jarvis,"Right away sir, putting up the defenses, will finish in 10,9,8,7-"

"What's going on?!" Black Widow cried, alarmed.

"3,2-"

"I don't know!" Hawkeye replied.

"1-" a wave swept through the room, and Hawkeye watched the Black Widow get bigger, and bigger, ... or was he getting smaller? The Black Widow turned around and gasped, then tried to say something but stopped, her mouth hanging open like a fish."Natasha?" Hawkeye asked in an incredibly cute voice.

          Pepper was flustered, running around, trying to attain order. The superbabies were crawling over everything! She bent down and pick up Tony, who said,"Pepper, why are you so tall?" She didn't answer, but instead gave a shout as Captain America bowled into her legs and she tumbled to the ground, her red hair flying. Just then, Black Widow walked in looking surprised and carrying a baby Hawkeye on her hip."Oh no!" Pepper cried,"Not him too!" Black Widow just nodded and looked around the room slowly. All the superheroes suits had shrunk with them, the only thing that hadn't shrunk was Captain America's shield, and Thor's Hammer."What about the other three?" The Black Widow inquired."Oh no!" Pepper cried for the billionth time."Miss Potts, the quinjet has returned, but they seem to be having some difficulties."Jarvis' voice rang through the room. Pepper turned to the Black Widow and said,"There's your answer." The Black Widow nodded and put baby Hawkeye on the ground before leaving the room.

 Hawkeye began to cry just as the phone rang, Pepper picked it up,"Hello?"

"Um, ... hi, is this the Avengers tower?" The voice on the other end was that of a young man.

"Yes," Pepper replied, then grabbed Tony before he tried to fly out the broken window.

"Are the Avengers there?"

"Uh ... yes, but ... they are ... indisposed." She replied.

"Who are you then?" The voice inquired.

"Pepper, Pepper Potts."

"Not ringing a bell," the voice replied.

"A friend of Iron Man's." She said exasperated, seeing as superbabies were crawling all around her.

"Well, then I'm coming over" The voice decided abruptly.

"But wait! Why do you need them? Who are you?" She asked.

"I'm Robin, Batman's sidekick, and I need them because Batman and Superman have turned into ..." there was a gulp on the other end of the phone,"Babies." came the whisper.

         Pepper was walking through the door, her arms filled with squirming superbabies, Black Widow followed closely behind, likewise encumbered, and Robin came last, grunting under a similar burden. They set the babies down on a cushioned floor, they had confiscated most of their things, so that the babies were quite infuriated. They then beat a hasty retreat, locking the cushioned door behind them. The whole room was cushioned for safety, and behind the cushioning was a foot thick wall made up of the same material as Iron man's suit. Behind that wall was a wall made purely of kryptonite, provided by Robin. The Kryptonite wall had knocked Superbaby out as they had walked in, and he was still unconscious as he lay on the white cushioned floor. The conscious babies gazed about the room, which had a row of cribs on one side, and the other side had a mound of stuffed animals, pillows were everywhere! Finally, Hawkeye cried,"I want my bow back!"

           The babies had settled right in, and were exploring the boring room quite enthusiastically. Spiderbaby had already dissapeared, while Banner sat in a corner and sucked his thumb, thoroughly bored. Soon Captain America plopped down next to him, thoroughly disappointed with his surroundings."I want to leave." He stated.

"Then find a way out." Banner answered. The Captain replied by getting up, and shouting,"I WANT EVERYONE'S ATTENTION!" Everyone turned and looked, a few of them popping out of mounds of pillows to see what was going on. The Captain started to pace the floor,"We need to get out of here."

"No kidding!" Hawkeye cried, crawling closer,"But how?"

"I don't know," the Captain admitted,"but all of you are going to help me find a way out!"He declared, coming to an abrupt halt. His big baby eyes were piercing. Then they all sat there and the Captain began to pace yet again, his dimpled hands clasped behind his back. Suddenly Hawkeye leapt up,"I know!" He cried jubilantly, and ran into the pile of toys, then came out with a stuffed spider that Spiderbaby had apparently been playing with, because he came out of the pile crying."This!" Hawkeye cried, holding up the spider for everyone to see,"This is the answer!" He seemed very pleased with himself, while they all just stared at him, Batbaby muttered,"He's lost it." While the Captain asked,"How?"

"Like this!" Hawkeye cried triumphantly, and tore off one of the spiders legs with a flourish! Spiderbaby burst into tears, and suddenly web shot out of  his hand, grabbing the toy spider and bringing it to him. "All you did was break it." Black Panther observed skeptically, then Antbaby chimed in,"Not to mention making Spiderman cry." The Captain held up his dimpled hand, motioning for them to be quiet. "Look!" Hawkeye said triumphantly, holding up the leg for them to see, then, using big motions, he pulled a metal wire out of the leg holding it up with a satisfied grin on his face. "I still don't get it." Superbaby said, squinting at the small wire in Hawkeye's chubby hand. "I do!" The captain cried,"Hawkeye, you're a genius!" Hawkeye smiled and bowed. Then to satisfy the other babies, he ran to the cushioned door and shoved the little wire into the handle, wiggled it around a little, then opened the door with a satisfied look on his face,"Voila!" He said,"It is open." The babies turned to one another, their faces lighting up with mischievous grins.



© 2013 Calibaster


Author's Note

Calibaster
I wrote this for English.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I read this in p.e. already and I thought it was great then and it still is great now! Batbaby and Superbaby are still my favorites! Poor Pepper ( which I still think is an unfortunate name) and Robin, and Black Widow and all the other people who have to take care of the super hero babies! Must be a lot of work. I can't wait to hear the rest of it!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Calibaster

11 Years Ago

I can't wait to write it! Thanks! :)
Starscraper

11 Years Ago

You're welcome!
hilarious, I'm sure you're English teacher had fun reading it :) What did you have to write? This is an interesting English assignment.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Calibaster

11 Years Ago

we got to write whatever we wanted to, so i picked this.
Calibaster

11 Years Ago

she hasn't read it yet
LunarSong

11 Years Ago

well you should tell me what she thinks
haha, i like the idea a superhero reunion
you made a strong plot
=]

Posted 11 Years Ago


Calibaster

11 Years Ago

thank you!
Calibaster

11 Years Ago

Just wait til' the rest of it comes out!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

228 Views
4 Reviews
Added on November 5, 2012
Last Updated on February 14, 2013
Tags: Psst. it's actually a fanfiction


Author

Calibaster
Calibaster

Springville, UT



About
It's been a while since I've even touched this site, but it's such a big part of my childhood and growth in writing that I could never bring myself to delete anything I've posted. If I thought tha.. more..

Writing
Worth It Worth It

A Story by Calibaster