Path 1, Chapter 3: Easy Pain

Path 1, Chapter 3: Easy Pain

A Chapter by Calico-wolf
"

This kind of pain is the easiest to get, hardest to deal with

"



I don’t want to die but I’m already dead. I don’t want to feel but she’s already touching me. The extended hand of a beautiful ghost.
A wonderful nightmare I would love to wake up from. Please? Can I wake up now? God..this is like hell’s cold shoulder. This pain isn’t numb, it’s all mental. A nice, long, hard, mind f**k. I can’t escape it no matter what I do. Forced to shuffle into a corner begging for my worthless life. Johnny Hutson? Help you? Ptff..I can’t even help myself. Can’t tell if I’m holding on to that last sherd of life or sanity. Whatever this was it wasn’t drugs. Wasn’t the cheap s****y beer I poured down my throat. I wasn’t seeing things, I was feeling them. The beautiful little girl seemed to float down from the ceiling like a adventurous little spider wanting to get a feel of a new surface.


No matter what my heart wouldn’t stop pounding.
I could tell that Mr. Dead Johnny wasn’t screaming bloody murder anymore but the sound of his voice still rang in my ears. I rested assured that even if I died it would keep playing in my mind, the sound was much too haunting. Finally though I was saved. F**k you Johnny I’m out of here. Would of leaped into my angel’s arms if I didn’t realize who it was. “Old man?” The voice of the young woman called out to me. The office s**t Rebecca saved my life. Okay...I’m ready. Take me on to hell. On to warmer lands.
“What’s..wrong with you?”
We said to each other in a haunting unison. I spoke the words because for once I saw a side of her that I never really thought I’d live to see. She was crying. Not red eyed and snotty noised but I saw the line of tears streaking down her soft face. She looked a hell of a lot better like that. A hell of a lot more my type.


Now she said it to me because of the obvious. I was in the corner bundled up, near sobbing myself. Looking like some kind of stupid creature. Was not my proudest moment I’ll admit. The only thing that made it worst was some of my higher ups were watching too. Gazing past the cute little bottom of Rebecca (which may I explain is no easy task), and right into the elevator at me. No playing this off cool.

Vorn quickly stood up in the elevator giving the audience a nervous chuckle. Something similar to a party clown with lame jokes. He didn’t vanish in a cloud of smoke but he moved pretty quickly out of there. There was no time to thank Rebecca for a job she didn’t even know she did. He needed to chill out for a moment and look into Mary Laceheart’s case.

When Vorn got out of the building he didn’t even want to look back. Though for some reason he felt like he had to. As if he wasn’t coming back. He still felt cold. The further away he was from that building and it’s freaky elevator the better. Vorn hailed a cab with relative ease. Sure he was white, giving him a edge already, but most tax cab drivers was anything but white. However, waving a badge is what really made it quick. Sometimes Vorn laughed inside and wondered if It was something like a beach patrol badge would he still get the same shocking effect.

Vorn slide into the seat of the taxi. Normally he hated the smell but this one was okay for a city cab. He barked the address of the place Mary Laceheart’s mother lived and within 30 minutes he was there. Not much to write home about. It was only an apartment complex. Something bugged him  though. Black cars with tinted windows all over the freaking place. That doesn’t seem normal for a place so low key but then again Vorn’s mind hadn’t been in the right place since the elevator incident. No, maybe even before that. He could just be thinking to hard.

Strolling into the building he made his way up the stars toward the room. No elevators thanks. Just seeing the door to one in the lobby  made him shiver. Climb up the stairs was a b***h but he finally made it up to rom 502.


That’s when he started feeling dizzy. Everything had a double image to it as he tried to keep himself from falling. What in the world was going on with him? Maybe he just needed something to eat. All day he’s only drank beer. He needed something real in his stomach instead of a place holder and a buzz. Despite feeling the way he did he knocked anyway. The woman who opened the door surprised him. He didn’t expect her to be so beautiful. Golden blonde hair and green eyes along with pale white skin. She looked like some rare princess born overseas somewhere. She couldn’t really be the mother of Mary could she? Vorn’s dizziness was fading the more he stared at the woman.
 “You want something?” The woman spoke as her slight smile had faded into a annoyed look. “I..came to talk about Mary Laceheart.” Vorn managed to spit out. From the look on the woman’s face he got the write place. She looked almost as if she was on the verge of tears already. “Come in.” She whispered as she opened the door wider and let Vorn inside. It was a nice looking place considering it was an apartment. A few steps down a short hall way and you entered the open kitchen first. To the left was the living room with a nice big T.V, coffee table in the middle, and couches near a window and a wall with a nice colorful picture.
To save you the bullshit trouble of having to read through pages of worthless text of two people flirting with each other, I’ll just tell you all that we ended up in bed together. Yep, the same bed. Half naked again staring up at a ceiling. Though it didn’t stay like that for two much longer. This girl was a nympho in every way. I felt a bit guilty yes. But it’s amazing how much a few glasses of red wine can drown.

Our last known area of love making was the couch near the window. Very, very nice couch may I add. It sustained even my beastly motions as I enjoyed myself to the fullest. However as I looked up across the room I saw once again that little girl who was hidden in the ice. The room started to get cold. I could once again see my breath as I heard the heavy breath bellow me. I dare not face the person for I knew who it wasn’t. As I heard the loud, horrid scream for help I knew it was. His teeth were nearly on my neck. Frosted over with ice and jagged. His sink a frozen blue. I grinned my teeth.
“Get a grip Vorn.” I would repeat to myself over and over again
Hell must not be hot. It must be a frozen ice land, at least that’s how I figured it.
Now I was on hell’s waiting list.

The next thing he knew opened his eyes to the fading sun light. His cheek against the soft skin a woman’s next. Thank god it was all a dream. Though as he adjusted his position on the sleeping woman he realized just how harsh reality could be. That’s defiantly something you want to see first thing you wake up. A angry Italian guy standing across form you holding a pump-action shot gun. He screamed something in Italian, wasn’t exactly Vorn’s second language but he got the point, guy was pissed. “Hey! Hey calm down! I’m a cop!” Vorn yelled back as he slow started to get up. The woman just now waking up from the shouting going on. She turned to the man in horror. “Little Tony!?” she screamed.

Vorn eye’s widened, this s**t  wasn’t funny. No one was laughing. Little Tony was a big time mob boss who he heard had entered the city only a little while ago. Little Tony wasn’t visiting, he lived here. He must of been Mary’s father. No wonder the police database had nothing on this guy.
Little Tony spoke in clear English now. His body was claim as he took in a deep breath and spoke as Vorn was frozen in fear, one foot on the floor but the rest of his weight still on the couch. There were others here too. Mob guys with itchy trigger fingers. They all seemed like blurry background scenery right now though as the lights fell on our Brute. Caesar’s time quickly coming to an end.

“You b***h..” Tony seemed to say in the nice manner he could. “ I give you a nice place to live..anything you could ever want..and you still play around with me? First I have to kill Mary to make you understand, then johnny, now this f*****g cop?”
Stop the press for god sake. This man says he killed his own daughter just for his wife’s cheating ways? And somehow, Johnny Hudson was tied into all this. It was all starting to make since now. At the very least the pieces were now laid out in front of him. Visible in plan sight. But Vorn had no time to put them all together as Brute’s speech was coming to a end. More than a knife ready to sink into Vorn’s back. F**k...Caesar had it easy and didn’t even know it.

“Take a dirt nap w***e..” He whispered before pulling the trigger. Instant lead Vorn to roll of the couch and on to the floor quickly. The cloud of pellets just missing him. The girl’s body was so torn apart by that shotgun the smell of blood already filled the room. “S**t! S**t! S**t!” Where was the frozen skeletons? The screaming of innocent criminals? The cold gaze of a little girl? He’d take that dream over this s**t any day.



© 2008 Calico-wolf


Author's Note

Calico-wolf
I tried a little harder to make sure my editor has less to do this time but tell me what you think even if sucks

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

190 Views
Added on April 18, 2008
Last Updated on April 18, 2008


Author

Calico-wolf
Calico-wolf

MD



About
I am 22 years old and a huge fan of anime. While my hobby used to be amv making I've had some recent failings in that and have turned more towards writing. Usually my writing starts as ideas I have ou.. more..

Writing