Built Into Crazy

Built Into Crazy

A Story by Grace Gammello
"

A thought process outline. Ever wonder how people form their musings? Welcome to mine.

"

I want to write and write and write foreverandeverand ever. Let's talk fiction. Oh yeah.

Corrosive behavior was a major dislike among the women of the house. Hated, though being a stronger word, could also be used. The women of the house hated corrosive behavior. One lady received a note in her mailbox, a pretty little thing from long ago, like the woman herself. It's label made no sense.

"Unrestricted Submarine Warfare."

Better toss it to the wind. Unless that big hand behind her caught it and read it, receiving cries of disownment. She was hot tempered and private. Could I vote for leadership? Apparently not. Despite everything said, it doesn't change. Ouch. Yet only to those trying to change it.

Could I outline my thoughts? No, it would include too much superglue.

Color it gray and call it art, America. Here we are, forever freely held upon the breastplate of law. Call it law, and build an asylum. We're too stupid.

I have a secret weapon. It's convincing because it works. It's called a mind and a soul. Promise me. Peace, Bread, Land. Ok, I'll pretend it works. Then give me my own mailbox. I'll give it ears and call it an armadillo. You can add a line or two in black ink and it'll be ours. But shhh.

Take the letter inside and hold it tight above your head, threaten the fireplace. Now that she's curious, she'll want it back. Give it to her friend first, but only the third page. That'll suffice. Just don't scream when she etches a final wish into your door frame. Deathbeds birthe hypocrites. Oh, I'm not sorry. Too pathogen to be human. Write a research paper, ok? Deal. Could I tell myself to buy superglue now? Nope, no money.

My world could be my mailbox. Everyone's mailbox, no way it could be personal. Provide lethal weapons and an atomic bomb; they'll call it good. The women call it corrosive. Aaaah, too simple. Side effects are hard to challenge. Count the wrinkles in the biggest t-shirt you have and report back; no reward. Everything is being cancelled. Sorry to ask, but why? Roads are fine. I think.

Let's keep writing; there's no limit. So many things to say. How to care about hair? Dont't but do. You're body's a temple.

Genome. Biome. Words exist in a plethora of types and colors, how many could be used? All. Words are free. Talking's free. Mostly. Buying vocal chords can cost a life or health. Possibly both. Let's journey forward in time. Pack some liquid oxygen and a rubber duck, I call Africa. Wall the markets, watch the slice between the rich and poor come out of hiding as you begin to blend in, like a dog approaching after minutes of cowering. Maybe nothing's changed. Themes still exist. Human nature still exists. New ideas are glorified as it their existence could change this. Obey what they want. Build a house an voice opinions within it at your own risk. It's too dangerous to challenge "reality". Paint it black to hide the red, Africa. Black is the new thought process. Make your decision and move to the alps. It's cold but free. Let's reach absolute zero together. Why try to muse? Why attempt it at all? We have so much capacity. Check your mailbox. You've got mail. God's calling. Let's muse His beauty. Let's muse secularity. Let's analyse life. Oh look, one perfect outcome. Travel home and watch the wood chippings fall off the door. Read the full letter and apologize profusely to the air at the silence of finality. Repent. Hand me the vaccine.

Give it up.

© 2015 Grace Gammello


Author's Note

Grace Gammello
It isn't supposed to make that much sense.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow, reading this was an experience. I love how the title actually kinda made sense after reading your story. Anyway, best of luck! This was great :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


Did you write this as a stream of consciousness? I adore writing that way, just to see what the hell comes out of my mind when I don't think too deeply into it. This is lovely, your style is awesome.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Grace Gammello

8 Years Ago

Thank you, yes I did, haha. I was a weird mix of emotions in geometry class one day and this began. .. read more
Write on! Enjoyed the passion in this, and the nonsensical ranting is fine with me.

Posted 8 Years Ago


You are a amazing storyteller. I liked all the stories.
"My world could be my mailbox. Everyone's mailbox, no way it could be personal. Provide lethal weapons and an atomic bomb; they'll call it good. The women call it corrosive. Aaaah, too simple."
I love writing. Been writing for 42 years and still my favorite pleasure. Good to meet you and I hope to read more of your outstanding work.
Coyote

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

309 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 20, 2015
Last Updated on June 20, 2015
Tags: built, into, crazy, musing, thoughts, process, outline, self, share

Author

Grace Gammello
Grace Gammello

MN



About
Aloha, I'm an aspiring artist, novelist, and simply passionate writer. It's mostly a hobby for me, as I always have something else to attend to. I love fiction and philosophical works, along with aest.. more..

Writing
Bloom Bloom

A Poem by Grace Gammello



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Society Society

A Poem by Curls


Just Words Just Words

A Poem by gabiaimee