Part Four

Part Four

A Chapter by The Poet of Black Wings

Things really seemed like they were turning around for the city. Sure, some people weren’t exactly happy to see commoners gaining a bit of power. Most notably, my uncle, Sir Ciar Aodh. He was my caregiver and I lived with him, so I often heard just what was on his mind everytime he went into his study. You see, he had this habit of recording his every thought in his holo. He did that often and recently it seemed like he had nothing but complaint’s to put in it. It wasn’t all that surprising, seeing as how he had a huge stock in the slave market - which was entirely dependant on commoners staying down - so of course he’d be a bit upset about everything that was happening. Surprising thing though, he never once complained about me - at least not in the past week - which was odd because I’d started this all in the first place.

Maybe he knew I could hear.

One night, I was passing by his study after my shower and he seemed to be on another rant again. I didn’t really feel like hearing it, but the sound of a second voice kept me by the door. I couldn’t help but peek into the study. Apart from the small library and ebony desk inside, I saw my uncle talking to a man on the holo. The man wore the tell tale, black and white uniform of an A.S.F. officer - complete with the blue seraphim insignia on his left side - and  it seemed like my uncle was giving him orders.

“Officer Amari, do you understand what needs to be done?” He questioned the officer in that rough tone of his, giving little more time for anything other than a nod. “Good, I’d expect nothing less from the security force’s best.”

The man, presumably Officer Amari, nodded once more.

“Mr. Ipsum won’t be talking much after this, sir.” He assured my uncle then saluted and closed the communication.

They’d been talking about John, and the thought didn’t settle well with me. The only time Ciar spoke about any commoner in specific was to either sell them, or to do something worse.

I had hurried back to my room so I could try and warn John via my holo, but when I called him there was no answer. I tried multiple times but couldn’t get through. I had to know if he was ok, so as quick as i could I ran out of the tower looking for him. I checked the Rat House, his home, everywhere. I was about to give up when I received a call. It didn’t have a name.

Almost instinctively, I answered it and popped up the image of a very tired and distressed Elarin.

“Hiver. John’s in the hospital.”



© 2014 The Poet of Black Wings


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

110 Views
Added on September 25, 2014
Last Updated on September 25, 2014


Author

The Poet of Black Wings
The Poet of Black Wings

About
i hope my poems, among other writings, will speak for me. Edit - Full disclosure, if you ask me to read something, I will, and I'll be brutally honest about what I think about it. So, be ready for .. more..

Writing