Stationairy

Stationairy

A Story by CampfireKabir
"

An office worker stops time.

"
Forty five minutes until Daren can go home. He stares at the hands of the clock, not able to peel his eyes away. He picks up a stapler from his desk and starts fiddling with it, The background noise of cold calls and mundane office banter rises into a crescendo of pointlessness. He presses down on the stapler. Silence. Escaping his cubicle to look around. All is still. Delivery guy is mid walk, Alice is mid sneeze, and then he spots the boss man glaring at him with a frozen look of rage. Daren goes up to the boss man and pushes him with all his force. It's like trying to move a building. Pointless. The silence begins to creep away and everyone starts to move in extreme slow motion. Panicking, Daren pushes the stapler again and the boss man goes flying and his head crack the floor. Blood leeks onto the vinyl.
Daren hated his job and especially his boss, but not enough to kill him. Even though he did. With all his might he launches the stapler into the river and walks away from a magical life as he loosens his tie. 

© 2015 CampfireKabir


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

90 Views
Added on March 10, 2015
Last Updated on March 12, 2015
Tags: time travel, boss, office, stapler

Author

CampfireKabir
CampfireKabir

Manchester, Manchester, United Kingdom



Writing