Whatever Shoe Fits

Whatever Shoe Fits

A Story by CampfireKabir

With every step Abigail's legs felt more like jelly. Eighteen miles into the marathon and her body was starting to give up. Her name was being echoed by the crowd motivating her to carry on. Whilst tip toeing over orange rinds she spots and old man being mugged. But no one is paying attention. All eyes are on the marathon. She tries to gesture to the crowd but they just cheer in excitement. The cheers get louder and then turn to screams. She runs straight into a solid barrier that divides the audience from the athletes. Flipping over to the side of the audience. Through a gap in the barrier she watches at least thirty people pass her. Half a year of training wasted in a second, all because of one scum bag. 
She jolts up. The thief already escaping, she starts the hunt. The crowd exclaims in confusion. The thief panics upon noticing Abigail chasing him. He sprints. Which to Abigail is a fast jog. She's right behind him and in complete fear the thief empties his pockets and scurries away. 
The items are returned and so does Abigail to the marathon. Finishing thirty minutes later than expected. 

© 2015 CampfireKabir


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

THis is probably pretty good, but has too many mistakes to qualify.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

95 Views
1 Review
Added on March 11, 2015
Last Updated on March 12, 2015

Author

CampfireKabir
CampfireKabir

Manchester, Manchester, United Kingdom



Writing