Lately

Lately

A Poem by Jessica L Auster

Lately I've been blaming

Myself for all the failures

In my life.

But now I only feel like

Blaming God for all of

This.

Jesus can be your

Savior because he

Hasn't helped me

Within.

Everyone blames Eve

For all evil the world

Holds. But I still blame

Your god for my struggle.

You pray to be saved one

Day, by your savior,

Jesus Christ. I pray everyday

To find a home for myself and

My mother.

You pray that homosexuality

Can be "cured". And I pray

For world love.

And one day we'll all be rid of

Self and peer hatred. We'll

Be "cured" of the contagious

Disease called racism, and

Descriminating against

Thoes who don't fit the

"Norm".

And we'll all celebrate

Self-change, and that's when

You will be "saved" by your

God.

And that will be the pinnacle

Of my life.

Not everyone gets "saved" though.

Those who don't, they get what

They deserve...Hell.

And according to your local

Church, those people are

The homosexuals, the

Non-Catholics/Christians,

And anyone else who commits

An action that goes against

The Ten Commandments and

Does commit at least one of

The Seven Deadly Sins.

And since your god aka

Your priest told you that

Everything you wish to do

Goes against the Catholic Church,

You all become the same.

The same in every way possible.

You'll become creatures out of

Something awful, just because

You don't have a mind of your

Own.

Your god doesn't tell you to be

Different at all, because rebels

Go to Hell.

© 2008 Jessica L Auster


Author's Note

Jessica L Auster
This turned out as a free write. I wanted to see where my thoughts led me at the end. I don't mean to offend anyone through this work.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I didn't find this offensive at all. I found it to be realistic; true human emotion which we all experience (although some may deny that) on many different levels and with a lot of concern and doubt about what is truth and what is not. I am a believer in God and Jesus Christ and what he stands for. I don't believe it is God who is to blame, but the misled people and their "leaders", i.e. organized religion. I personally believe that spreading love and not hate would include acceptance of others without the threat of eternal doom. Unconditional love and gratitude... wellness of mind, body and soul ... the only cure to our diseased hearts and minds.

This is a great write with very valid points and a powerful message. I admire your ability to express what you truly feel. Great job Jessica!

Peace, Dani

Posted 16 Years Ago


Well, religion is man made, so show me a man that doesnt judge? I am not a fan of organized religion. Thank you for your vent. The truth is'nt always pretty....

Posted 16 Years Ago


well everyone has the right to say what they are feeling great work your a very strong writer i like your work ,hugs

Posted 16 Years Ago


Oh Jessica, your questioning poem has must truth. For most, our God is driven by the people's belief and some what God has stated. And who knows what he/she has stated? Well that's easy, for at once it was our conscience but that can be severed by our teaching but not cancelled since love is that key.

We know that God couldn't be that cruel since God gave us such beauty as in woman herself, flowers, landscapes and the quenching rains.,.which by the way is why I feel God's a woman but we won't go there. And blaming women for a man's reaction should have been overwritten by know since we know that his chemical imbalance is what drives sex not Adam eating the apple. On the other hand, PMS does show a women's imbalances and drives her mood. But honestly that is understandable.

Homosexual are humans and should always be treated that way and since God created us then why would he/she expect us not to find them just as wonderful as the next. With fish that can change sexes during certain situation, and the only difference between a man and woman are their gender...opposites attract meaning that those of homosexual are opposite of thier partners.

And finally, the race issue has stems from whom is better which is another silly function God would never have instilled in our emotional minds�Going to hell for this and that�hmmm makes you wonder what people we thinking back in the days. You would think as our minds grew, so would our understanding of what expected of us�I'm glad your free spirit allow you to venture here, now you can answer what God expected�you might think it would be driven by this question�What do you expect?...love your write...you go girl BTW...God is complex and so are we, it's ok to doubt humans but when God's staring at you try not to doubt, try to understand no matter how great we become, we didn't create this...

Posted 16 Years Ago


Just as long as you vent,it's cool. I wrote (recently) about somethings that I thought would offend and just certain words or phrases can set people off or make it seem like your directing it at them. Not my intent to do unless I say that's why I'm writing it. Write and just put it out it ut there. Have some discretion about it. But put it out there so people can see someone that isn't nessesarrily (did I spell that right?) the norm.
Adifferent point of view should always be welcome.

Posted 16 Years Ago


...I do not know what to say...this illustrates many things I have said in the silence of my soul...I whole-heartedly agree to this sentiment...thoroughly brilliant...

Posted 16 Years Ago


Your words will never offend me my friend. I think your writing is right on point. I often wonder about religion how the book I read says one thing, and that one thing is said in church, but then the actions of the church and members differ from the words that are preached. If people serve a God of peace as in Jesus why are they not peaceful. If Jesus came for the people who did not beleive or did not fit in why does the church shun them today? I have some strong thoughts but I will hold them close because your poem is all that and a bag of chips to boot!

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

198 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 4, 2008


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


disorder disorder

A Poem by wizthom