The Midnight Walk Chapter 3

The Midnight Walk Chapter 3

A Chapter by Cara

Chapter 3

After my encounter with Derek I couldn't stop thinking about him. i did have his number but i didn't wanted to wait a while to call him , i didn't want to seem desperate. so after a while to i went to the corner of the yard and started to go through the gap. looking back at the house making sure that the lights were still off. Mom and dad fell asleep right after Sara and Emma Lee left. I walked over to the tree that was standing all alone. it seemed to be a normal tree. there were a few squirrels running around that could have been the noises i heard. i walked farther into the woods. i could see Derek's house now. it was just where he said it was. his house was all dark except the one light in the highest room of the house. i looked away from his house starting to feel kinda weird about just staring. i continued to walk and explore the woods, glancing back toward my house every few minuets to make sure everyone was still asleep. As i continued my walk through the woods something large fell in front of me. i backed away quickly, startled. A voice said "I'm sorry i scared you." I back up a bit farther to be in the moon light. "Who are you" i replied. "how long have you been watching me" ? Derek stepped out into the moon light too. i relaxed a bit knowing it was him. I smiled at him and we walked side by side around the woods not saying alot, there was some conversation but not alot. he seemed kinda distant, worried and lost. i didn't wanna ask him what was wrong though. i valued to silent understanding we had looking into each others eyes once in a while. He said "  its such a nice night out, i always come out here to think. what are you doing out here?" I looked at him trying to think of what to say. "i just wanted to see what was out here." i said. "You don't-have to worry about being out here at night, Clare, i come out here all the time nothing will ever hurt you out here. and if you want, when you sneak out like i know you did tonight call me i'll come walk with you to make sure your safe". i smiled at the fact that he was worried about me. " How did you know i had to sneak out?"  i asked him stepping in-front of him to stop him from walking. "well you keep looking toward your house. so i assume that your parents don't know you're out here tonight?" he started to smile. " Well no they don't, and id like to keep it that way." i said moving out of his way. He stepped in front of me holding my face i looked up at him smiled weakly. "what are you looking at?" i asked. "nothing, i just wanted to see something" he replied letting me go to hold my hands. "I think i need to head home" i said as i started walking toward the yard. "Oh but the night was just getting good..."  he said kinda sad. I stepped through the gap in the fence and looked at him. "maybe tomorrow night will be better" i said as i walked away blushing not looking back til i was in the house. i turned to see him disappear back into to the dark. 


© 2015 Cara


Author's Note

Cara
ignore the spelling and grammar errors

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

88 Views
Added on October 27, 2015
Last Updated on October 27, 2015


Author

Cara
Cara

IL



About
I am using a pen name to write my stories so i will keep this bio short. I usually write mysteries, horror, and romance. It may take me a while to update and get new books but once i have a few follow.. more..

Writing
Im Scared Im Scared

A Story by Cara