Chapter Two: Jump on the Station Wagon

Chapter Two: Jump on the Station Wagon

A Chapter by Cคɾเภค{♥}
"

A little fun chapter, I promise the ring will come into play in the next chapter. I just needed to set up some stuff about Derek and his father. Ect. Much more to come in up coming chapters, promise!

"

Chapter Two: Jump on the Station wagon

 

           

The hallways bustled with impatient students; all heading towards the line where the factory products awaited. Derek thought of them as sheep feeding in a grassy field; herded by the administrators. Chuckling, he sat down next to Jamie and her older brother Jeremy.

Jeremy was the opposite of his sister. He was the King of skinny jeans and graphic t-shirts of bands nobody knew. He dyed his hair black, and it hung in his face most of the time. Emo or gothic would be the correct word, but he was just so damn cheerful all the time.

“Look at her over there, acting like she already owns the school.” Jamie grinded her teeth, determined to keep her cool. Derek found what Jamie was glaring at.

Becca was laughing with the football players.

 Jeremy pulled out his sandwich from his Dickeys backpack. Today he was sporting purple tie die jeans, and white t-shirt that said: Homegrown Hero. Whatever that meant… “Don’t be such a downer, Jamie. She’s only here temporarily.”

Derek snapped open his Monster and popped open a bag of Doritos. “What?” He asked, as he caught the suggestive look from Jamie.

“Do you know what that drink is made out of?”

“Bull piss.”

Jeremy laughed and punched Derek’s arm. “So, you coming to the party at Heath’s house tonight? It’s supposed to be awesome!”

“I don’t know,” Derek said truthfully, taking a sip of the chemical liquid.

“Aw, come on. Free beer and I’m our designated driver. Your mom’s gone isn’t she?”

“Maybe. My Aunt Bree is coming to watch me; she might not be that lenient about parties.”

“I don’t know if you should, Derek. Rebecca will probably pounce on you if you go. And-,” she added, after a pause. “You don’t want to lose that object you’re mom gave you, do you?”

“What object?” Jeremy said quickly. If there was one thing hated, it would be secrets.

He spoke quickly, “I’ll tell you later, now’s not the time.”, as he caught sight of Becca coming there way. Jamie saw her too, and looked determinedly away.

“Hey, boys. You guys going to the party tonight. I hear its going to be one of those mandatory ones. Either you’re in or your out. How about it?”  Becca’s green eyes caught Derek’s hazel ones, and smiled.

“I’m not sure, Becca. Possibly.” Derek returned the smile, and Jamie fumed beside him.

“It looks like Heath and his buddies are waving you over there,” Jamie said pointedly. All of them looked around, and it was true that Heath and his goons were giving Becca a seductive stare.

Becca’s smile became wider. “I guess I should go, see you later Derek.”

Derek waved half heartedly, girls like Becca never really attracted him, but she was an exception. The way she walked, made it look easy. As if she was gliding across the bumpy grass. The way she moved her lips when she talked was in itself an invitation to lean in.

“I don’t get what she sees in you, man.” Jeremy said, also staring after her.

Jamie looked at him sharply, “What are you talking about?”

“I thought it was obvious. Becca has a thing for Derek, and I just don’t get why.” Derek’s stomach swelled twice its size. He hoped the others didn’t notice his face get all misty with the fantasies he was picturing now.

“She probably likes him because Derek has that bad boy look. I mean that’s what my friends say,” Jamie added quickly when Jeremy eyed her curiously.

“Bad boy, how?” Derek snapped out of his day dreaming.

“Well there’s the fact that you wear a leather jacket, you always wear Levi’s. You got those smoky, hazel eyes. You have the perfect smile. You’re hair is the kind of brown that can be passed for black. You’ve never had a pimple in you’re life…the list goes on and on.”

“I didn’t know I was that good looking,” Derek joked. Jamie turned a faint pink, as she realized how much she lent on.

“Well, I guess so. But, what about me? I’m good looking.” Jeremy said suggestively.

“You’re her cousin!” Jamie nearly yelled.

“So?”

“That’s illegal. We don’t live in the hicks, Jeremy.”

“Might as well. L.A. is probably worst, what with homosexuals, crack heads, drug dealers, and rich b*****s that live here,” Derek pointed out, but shut up after he caught the glare of Jamie. She should have been born a red head, he thought dryly.

"I'm bisexual, you forgot that one."

"I never meant it was bad thing."

"I'm just meantioning there are other things out there besides homsexulas, like asexual people. Geez," he gave Derek a steely look.

The bell rang shrilly, and the three of them threw out there uneaten lunches, separating to go to their sixth period class.

“Nice of you to join us, Mr. Steen,” his language arts teacher, Ms.Eberle, said sharply. He ignored this and took the last remaining seat by her desk. It was his bad luck that he caught the sight of Becca and Heath flirting, which made him late to Satan’s class. “Do you have the essay I assigned last week, Steen?”

Cursing himself for not writing the assignment on his hand, he answered dully. “I forgot.”

“That’s too bad.” She said pursing her lips, and came to the edge of his desk; the class watching apprehensively. He looked up at her, his face expressionless. Paula Eberle was a short woman, her glossy black hair cropped short, her brown eyes shooting daggers. 

“Tonight you will be reading the section of Romeo and Juliet you failed to read last week. And not only will you do the essay, but you will write an extra 500 words on Shakespeare’s inspiration for this story. If you manage to fail once again, then you are endangered in failing my class. And progress reports are out in two weeks. If I were you, I wouldn’t be as lazy as I think you are. Are we clear?” She smiled perfect rows of white, pearly teeth at him.

Unable to stand being outsmarted by a teacher, Derek smiled back. “I’m not sure I got it all, can you repeat it? I need my pen so I can write it down on my hand.” He got a pen out of his backpack. Holding it up to the palm of his hand, looking innocently at his teacher.

“I’ll see you after class, Mr. Steen.” The class ‘Ooo’d at Derek, simultaneously.

“Everyone get to work, or you’ll be joining Derek after class with me.” The class silenced at once, and rustled with the sound of turning pages.

Derek didn’t bother to open his book; he just glared at his English teacher, who was typing fiercely on the computer. Probably complaining about me to the Principal.

The class went by unbearably slow. It seemed, as if the clock was conspiring against him, the minute hand taking its time to move. It dragged on in dull lurches, ticking away the time he spent in hell’s classroom.

And even when the bell rang just beside his desk, the small spark of hope was squashed as he realized he would be staying a little bit longer. Just enough time for Ms. Eberle to disable him and put him in her oversized handbag; that was the very least the class would be expecting, anyways.

He sluggishly walked over to her desk, just waiting to be exiled from her class.

“Derek,” she started slowly, nicely. This made him even more wary, a snake could never be nice to a mouse. “You’re a very bright student, and I think you know that. Why is it that you have been so distant from you’re schoolwork?”

He thought before he answered; which was rare for him, indeed. “I don’t know if I’m as smart as you say I am. I haven’t fully experienced my talents. But I know I could put my other qualities to work for various reasons. Schoolwork just doesn’t appeal to me.”

“Is everything okay at home?”

“Yes,” he answered coldly. He hated when teachers snooped into his social and family life. It was completely nonsense when the Counselor declared he was acting up in his freshman year, because the loss of his father. This was crazy, because he hadn’t even been born yet, when his father did die.

“What does appeal to you, Derek?” She asked patiently.

“Every guy would answer in the same way, Ms.Eberle. We like our freedom, to be the one in charge, not the one who takes orders, oh I forgot to mention: females.” He smiled; the kind that would charm any girl into his arms.

And to his surprise, she smiled as well. “If you read what I assigned you, I think you would like what you comprehended from it. Romeo and Juliet is about defying their parents, bloody combat, and love.”

“I thought it was a sappy love classic of all times?”

“It is, if you think of it that way. But read between the lines, and you might like what you find. Just like you’re ‘qualities’ draw a woman to you, chivalry makes them go wild. So, take a few tips from Romeo and Paris, agreed?”

“I guess so.” The room was silent for a moment. Then, “Do I still have to that extra assignment?” He grinned hopefully down at her. To his pleasure she smiled back.

“Yes, Mr. Steen. And if it is not on my desk when you are sitting down in my class, I’ll make sure you do it during you’re lunch, when I am sure the ladies will miss you. If you fail to complete it then, I will lynch you’re fingers off until you do.”

He sighed. “As grumpy as you are, I think you could be nice when you want too.”

“I think I can be too, but I rather not. Now get to class, because I am not giving you a late pass.”

She turned away from him, and he cursed at her under his breath. Setting off at a sprint, he thought he heard the light chuckle of the devil; typing at her desk.

 

 

            “No, I don’t want a Sugar cookie, Aunt Bree.” He answered, what felt like for the 100th time.

            “Are you positive? Just one more?” She tried to stuff one in his mouth, but slapped her hand away. His Aunt Bree was always oober protective of him ever since he can remember. He always thought she was trying to fill in for the lack of affection in his life, with him having no Dad. She even tried to play baseball with him, on one of her visits.

            “I have to go get my homework done, tons to do. I’ll see you tomorrow.” He ducked out of the embrace she was about to give him, and hurried off to his room.

            “Don’t be up late and no parties tonight!” She called after him, just as he slammed the door.

            “No parties,” he mumbled. He had mentioned it when he got home, and his Aunt said she’d think about it, as she stuffed him with gross Sugar cookies. Derek thought she must have mixed up the salt and sugar.

            Derek pulled out his laptop, to start the impossible task given by Satan’s child. Where to start? He supposed he should go on cliffnotes.com, instead of reading half of the book. That would probably take him till morning to do.

            But then again, didn’t she say that girls went wild over chivalry. He really couldn’t take notes from what’s-his-face just with cliff notes. Reluctantly, he pulled out his book and lay on his plain, black bed.

            His room was just as plain. All he had was white walls, a picture of his father in his army outfit, his desk, the laptop sitting on his desk, and a nightstand. All his clothed were sorted on his bedroom’s floor. Clean go on the right side, dirty or smelly go on the left side. He would wash them when he found the time…

            Derek turned the copyright page slowly, procrastinating. He thought he should read at his own pace, to soak everything in. Which was an excuse, but he pushed his real intentions out of his head.

            Yawning he read the title page. This would be harder than he thought…

            “Psst…” he heard a strange hiss from his window. Looking up, he saw the two blue- yellowish eyes of Jamie, her brown hair glossy and straight.

            “Wow, you look nice. What’s the occasion?” He opened his window and popped out his screen. Jamie was standing on an empty pot, on his front lawn.

            She rolled her eyes. “Well, that’s flattering. The part, remember? Jeremy and Becca sent me to get you. Apparently underage people can vote now. Are you coming, or not?”

            “My Aunt said ‘no’. Sorry, so tell Jeremy and Becca I veto their vote.”

            “Fine,” she replied, her voice strained. Jamie was trying to maintain her balance. It was quite comical, if it weren’t for the sharp rock just below.

            “Come on in.” he said quickly, just as her legs got wobbly. He grabbed her hands and easily got her through the window. “Good night to wear a skirt,” he commented lightly, choking back his laughter.

            “Shut up,” she snapped, turning red.

            “Zebra bootie shorts…classic,” he chortled. She smacked his arm. “Ow, that hurt!” He complained, rubbing his stinging arm. He was half angry but half amused, who knew she was that strong?

            “Can I go through your front door? I doubt I can get back through you’re window with giving you something more to look at.”

            “I don’t mind seeing something more.” He grabbed her hand before she could hit him again. “Its fine, you can go through the front. My Aunt is probably snoring.”

            “Thanks,” she said her voice hard. “Are you sure you don’t want to come?”

            “Well I really do want to, it’s just that my Aunt said ‘no’, and I have so much homework from Satan herself.”

            “And when has that ever stopped Derek Steen, the guy who always breaks the rules. Come on, or they’ll eat me alive. You know I’m not good with parties.”

            Jamie was right, what was he thinking? Yesterday, he would have been popping a lock on his door just to go to one of Heath’s parties. Never, did he ever, follow the rules. Plus, Becca was waiting for him in the car; probably wearing a mini dress and high heels. What was wrong with him?

            “I don’t know what sort of sickness I’ve got, but I think I’ll cure it with some beer,” he grinned in anticipation.

            “That’s the Derek I know!” She beamed. She tugged at his arm and they slipped through the front door and out the front lawn.

            “Wait,” he halted. “What about my two essays? Ms. Eberle will eat me alive if I don’t have it tomorrow.”

            She pondered this, “Well Mr. Travers assigned us something similar a week ago. I got it back today. I’ll give it to you, so you can copy some of it.”

            “That’s…excellent. You’re amazing.”

            “Always am.” Jamie smiled up at him, and they climbed up into her mom’s old station wagon.

 

 



© 2009 Cคɾเภค{♥}


Author's Note

Cคɾเภค{♥}
Thanks for reviewing! The fact that Derek, a troble maker, almost didn't go to a party just because his Aunt said no is important. Why wouldn't he go? Especially if Becca is there. Annnd Ms. Eberle is an actual teacher I had. So, thanks for the inspiration!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

*lmao bull piss!*srry just HAD to say it...awesome chapter!
p.s. is jeremy bisexual? i dont get it ....

Posted 14 Years Ago


Still really good. I will have to finish the rest at a later time, but seriously keep up with it.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Wow love it so far. No mistakes I could find. although I feel soooo sorry for you..Ms Eberle?! Jeez..I would kill myself if I had a teacher like her...or it as the case may be. Hmm only one thing confused me...who's bisexual? I didn't really get that part. Butttt it could just be me since I'm a ditz. Anyways, awesome job, can't wait for more.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

200 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 30, 2009
Last Updated on July 30, 2009


Author

Cคɾเภค{♥}
Cคɾเภค{♥}

The Heart, CA



About
I'm a dreamer. A fighter. A surviver. && most importantly a lover. I'm a nice person, so get to know me:) Hate+Fire=Destruction Love+Fire=Passion♥ Ignorance is bliss, ignorance is lov.. more..

Writing
For You For You

A Poem by Cคɾเ$..



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..