The Man Who Ruins Mondays

The Man Who Ruins Mondays

A Poem by Carol Maric

Expect no further word or sign
    from me.
Your own will is whole,
    upright, and free
and it would be wrong not to do
    as it bids you,

therefore I crown and miter
    you over yourself.


--Dante / Purgatorio, Canto XXVII [ Virgil ]

                            ~~~ * ~~~

The Man Who Ruins Mondays
Was Born Amused
With A Jar Of Perforated Hearts.
The First 5000 Were In Accord To Action.


© Carol Maric
All Rights Reserved

© 2007 Carol Maric - Being: The Obsession, Continued . . . A Raging Epidemic !

© 2008 Carol Maric


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

that was a very good start; and I'm interested as to see what else you do with it. I really enjoyed the overall feel, it just made me think something along the lines of *I can tell you what the final goal is but I won't tell you how to get there; you have to make it mean enough to figure out on your own* so yea, I enjoyed this alot, also I'm desperatly new here (lol) how do you add things to your favorites??
~jess

Posted 17 Years Ago


18 of 18 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Beautiful piece. It is thought provoking and add the same time leads you only to want more.

Damn the man who ruins mondays.
I can't wait to see what this leads too.

Posted 17 Years Ago


19 of 20 people found this review constructive.

He was The Divine Comedy afterall...you have me intriqued with the hearts...what were the other, aftre the first 5000, in accord with...or were they in accord at all...Hmmmmmm? You are now the Woman who ruined Sunday..lol...This has all the flavor of a Japanese Zen poem ...I cant name the type..Senryu or Haiku-ish, ..but in between these lines ...Your use of red, and not just as contrast but of blood fact and of response...juxtaposition is just another word for nothing left to lose (lol)...but IT is in there and my mind and doors are simply ajar and wondering. You are gonna make me learn more about Dante aren't you?! Thanks!

Posted 17 Years Ago


19 of 19 people found this review constructive.

My senior thesis was on Dante, is anything more magnificent? I will continue to read on... You have intrigued me.

Posted 17 Years Ago


19 of 20 people found this review constructive.

If Monday is ruined, it is done so by the one it is ruined for. No one else weilds such power.


This is, indeed , thought provoking, causing one to re-evalute..ideas.

Posted 17 Years Ago


19 of 20 people found this review constructive.

rarely does something peak my interest so. Can't wait.

Posted 17 Years Ago


17 of 20 people found this review constructive.

As in another review on this 'taste'...I'm looking forward to the novel as well!

Moonlight.

Posted 17 Years Ago


17 of 19 people found this review constructive.

who's will is more important then our own? a god that could never exist outside of ourselves? does that make us god? why would some one sacrafice one heart much less 5000 of them or one moment for that matter?

Posted 17 Years Ago


19 of 19 people found this review constructive.

You've got me interested. Damn I hate Mondays! Looking forward to the novel.

Posted 17 Years Ago


14 of 18 people found this review constructive.

the first 5000 hearts or mondays?





or sacrifices?

Posted 17 Years Ago


15 of 18 people found this review constructive.

Considering that this Monday, the one that found me having to return to a painful job after a two-week vacation, was exceptionally depressing, I find this to be very true to home.

I must meet this man and ask him if he works for my company - and then kick him in the pants.

Great, Carol - good work, great start.

Posted 17 Years Ago


19 of 19 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

597 Views
43 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 2, 2008
Last Updated on April 24, 2008

Author

Carol Maric
Carol Maric

And then went down to the ship, Set keel to breakers, forth on the godly sea, and . . . Ezra Pound (TCOEP).



About
" My life goal? Literary Immortality--without compromise. " " I would rather be skydiving while writing a book. " philosopher & polymath Author of the unpublished masterpiece PROTEAN NotUnTit.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..