WhoWhirILLeds WhoHeards

WhoWhirILLeds WhoHeards

A Poem by Carol Maric

 

This piece might be restored. 

Please feel free to read all the reviews below.  Thank You All !

Raw and Rare Look:

 

 

© 2008 Carol Maric


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

one question about your style... if it can warrant an answer.... are some sub-words(ex:Open) in the whole words(in:HOpenEnding for example) chosen just because of the possibility of sound and have their meaning arbitrary... I can tell some are intensional, but I feel others are chosen purely on inflection (or else i just haven't figured it)

your poems are rubix cubes




or even better: those 'square one' rubix cube mutations.

Posted 17 Years Ago


9 of 9 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This is a very interesting style. Though through most of the poem I don't know what you are saying, I love the way you play with sound and meaning. It is not what you said, but how you said it. We have all heard that cliche. There is something to be said, I guess, for making your readers work a bit harder to understand the layers of your text, and I don't think anyone could argue that it is not unique. It all comes down to whether or not you are really attempting to feed your reader what you want them to see, or if you are trying to hide it from them, and with this style you have a delicate balance of the two.

Posted 17 Years Ago


6 of 6 people found this review constructive.

WOW! the phrase read between the lines likely makes you laugh does it not? I believe you were perhaps a code talker in a past life. The way you write is brilliant and unique. It is a merging of words and art; though we may not all get what you are saying; don't fret all philosophers suffered this.
This piece takes time to read and interpret and can be done several ways depending on the reader. Once again you make us think CaRol! Brilliant!

Posted 17 Years Ago


8 of 8 people found this review constructive.

A couple of co-workers, and myself, were sitting here trying to decipher your work. To be honest I had no idea what I was looking at for a while, but one of my co-workers pointed out something and now it's all coming together. If you hear it more so than what you're actually looking at it makes more sense and it all comes together in the end. Very interesting I have to admit.

Posted 17 Years Ago


9 of 9 people found this review constructive.

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114
YES! A poet that's not even constricted by words themselves. Very lovely.

Posted 17 Years Ago


8 of 9 people found this review constructive.

You remind me of myself - trying to find the perfect way to express without seeming like another trout in the stream. I honestly can't read this whole thing so I'm not going to lie that I did. I like a challenge, but I don't understand AT ALL what I was reading. . .

Poetry like that is too harsh. But I LOVE IT, except that I can't read it.

Posted 17 Years Ago


9 of 9 people found this review constructive.

Honored that I've been added as a friend ... and quite taken by your works! The style is fun because of how many times you can go back through to enjoy reading what you could construe to be a different poem each time, then interpretation for each time I read this ... I really could just sum it up and say it was wonderful but to sell you short of why _I_ think it's a great piece would be personal dissatisfaction to myself. Each time I reach the end, I find myself with new smirk on my face - each one revealing its own personality.

Thank you, your piece is a favorite.

Posted 17 Years Ago


8 of 9 people found this review constructive.

I love this piece and I love your poems and how you put them together. You have by far the most unique pieces that I have ever seen and I greatly anticipate the next one that will blow me away. I love this one!

Posted 17 Years Ago


9 of 9 people found this review constructive.

This is nice a different. I love it when things don't follow a designated pattern. Very cool..

Posted 17 Years Ago


9 of 9 people found this review constructive.

Ah, Carol... this is a delightful experience... to read through your words and discover so many meanings embeded, as one message shines on top. Great piece!

Posted 17 Years Ago


9 of 9 people found this review constructive.

Alright. I need to get a good night's sleep before I try this again. What exactly is behind this mysterious font curtain...

Posted 17 Years Ago


9 of 9 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

319 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 2, 2008
Last Updated on December 2, 2008

Author

Carol Maric
Carol Maric

And then went down to the ship, Set keel to breakers, forth on the godly sea, and . . . Ezra Pound (TCOEP).



About
" My life goal? Literary Immortality--without compromise. " " I would rather be skydiving while writing a book. " philosopher & polymath Author of the unpublished masterpiece PROTEAN NotUnTit.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


LEBERATE LEBERATE

A Poem by Carol Maric