ReCogInIgNighSHeHung [ dedicated to my father ]

ReCogInIgNighSHeHung [ dedicated to my father ]

A Poem by Carol Maric

This piece might be restored. 

Please feel free to read all the reviews below.  Thank You All !

© 2008 Carol Maric


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

The substratum here is vivid! each layer also lives and breathes so many philosophical points.A very interesting scramble of the right words. Not that there are any wrong words, but the ones you choose are an exemplar of the right ones in the right being of poetic words, together to create such prevalence in understanding:the ongoing truth and existence:DisStAnSee FoeWard BeYonDoOr God End EyeVeilsABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT.(those eyes are veiled, different perceptions, perspectives, doors.)

Posted 17 Years Ago


12 of 12 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I really hope there's a character
on CSI based on you someday.
(you have made for TV eyebrows.)
maybe then i'd watch television.

i love making up meanings to your work
in between the parts i understand.
befuddled and interested- my life story.

Posted 17 Years Ago


10 of 10 people found this review constructive.

You're asking a lot of your readers! A phonetical cantos (caNNeD tOES) written entirely on the typographical level is going to kick most people to the curb, and fast. I want to start out by saying I've never been a huge fan of typo-tricksterism. It feels cheap. I feel cheated. Distracted. Shape poems are okay, and I've read some interesting poets who work on this level. So it's not that. It's the combination of phonetics and TGL acrobatics that throws me. Never mind that your ideas are already complex and perhaps difficult to follow (something I actually enjoy). Understand that I�m not disparaging the way your mind works, the depth of your philosophy, or the validity of your art. I very much appreciate this for what it is . . . it�s just that I believe your ideas are powerful enough to stand on their own, complex enough to thrill us, without the alienation factor looming over the whole.

Take pity upon us. We, your loyal subjects!

All my best,

M~


Posted 17 Years Ago


13 of 13 people found this review constructive.

that was unlike anything i have ever read. It was pretty complex...and ....
creative...

Posted 17 Years Ago


11 of 12 people found this review constructive.

A very creative piece I must say, but I can't say I understood what you were trying to convey in the text, maybe my choice of words in the english language is just ignorant and I am just not cultured enough to read and understand your work, so forgive me.

Posted 17 Years Ago


12 of 12 people found this review constructive.

Hmm...Have you been reading Joyce and Faulkner perhaps? The encoded words, some make sense and others, I couldn't get. The technique in and of itself is part of the story perhaps. I won't venture a guess at meaning because I don't think its about meaning. It seems to be about concealment of some sort, a kind of gnostic acrostic that having been understood, might reveal something monumental. To tell you the truth its a bit frightening. But, all the same, you know the structure of language and how to toy with it. I can't say I liked it, but I was challenged.

Posted 17 Years Ago


12 of 12 people found this review constructive.

Holy s**t, I didn't know what I was getting into when I started reading this. I'm gonna go get my prescriptions filled and try this again.

Posted 17 Years Ago


12 of 12 people found this review constructive.

Carol I am sorry I tried to understand your writing. I guess i am just to old and dyslectic. The text made it hard for me to understand.I could tell from what i could understand you are a deep swimmer.There are people that go through life swimming on top of the water and never dive deep. Go down deep to the dark water and keep looking for the light. Mel*ind@

Posted 17 Years Ago


12 of 12 people found this review constructive.

does the cantos approach have a particular approach to the speaking of it, or is its' point to have a multifaceted attack... Some compound words make up whole words in sound and others don't seem to at all(its possibile I am not letting the picture emmerge). It takes of patience to evoke a unity from a poem of yours in this style, This one i' am so far at a loss... I find myself trying to figure out each part, and the further I get the more trapped in the details I am.... I notice some words have been appearing in other poems like this.
Either way, I like art that helps you evolve, even if it takes great effort.

Posted 17 Years Ago


12 of 12 people found this review constructive.

Well, I read it, but I don't feel like I have a whole lot of useful insight here as I don't have enough knowledge in the areas that are sort of required. In fact, I'm not sure what those areas are but I'm guessing I should start with the Old Testament? The please kill me part, you really conveyed the accent with that, sounds like a drunk southerner from the hickiest sticks. S**t there's really too much, I am dealing with the reading pace, the accents of the language, phonetics, and the recurrent theme, for me, which is..."I don't understand." Even if this was written in not Carol Maricese I'd still have problems, I think, though I don't know. EyeVeils falls between a British and a Southern accent. Okay, this is no longer a review, but an admission that you're kicking my a*s and I don't know if I like it yet.

Posted 17 Years Ago


12 of 12 people found this review constructive.

i haven't read anything like this since 1967. but, over on poetry critical, a website for happy-feet and poems, i've just been arguing the poetics of artaud with a lamer-plus anonymous poster. this has way more energy than artaud's verse, but that's not such a significant statement. i'd like to hear this read as a spoken chorus piece, with all the levels having their differentiation as consciousness to adhere to the moment of experience: a masque.

Posted 17 Years Ago


12 of 12 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

272 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 2, 2008
Last Updated on December 2, 2008

Author

Carol Maric
Carol Maric

And then went down to the ship, Set keel to breakers, forth on the godly sea, and . . . Ezra Pound (TCOEP).



About
" My life goal? Literary Immortality--without compromise. " " I would rather be skydiving while writing a book. " philosopher & polymath Author of the unpublished masterpiece PROTEAN NotUnTit.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


DaDaLust DaDaLust

A Poem by Carol Maric