The Mistake

The Mistake

A Chapter by Carolyn

As I watched my father sprinkle my mother's ashes into the ocean tears filled my brown eyes, she was only twenty-seven and had caught pneumonia which was an everlasting battle. Dad retreated back to the dry golden sand and held me in his arms I remember his stifled cry, although he couldn't keep it in and his shirt and my hair was drenched with tears.
"But why do I have to leave?!" My foot stamped the ground determined not to leave my childhood home, dad's movement stopped. His hands gripped my shoulders and pulled me close, "we don't have a choice." He said. Seeing my father search frantically for lost valuables and any form of memories  my heartbeat grew faster. Why was dad acting like this it was good times Germany now electerd a well bred dictator who promised great things. Hearing screams of women and children my father dropped his keepsakes and hauled me in his arms, my breathing became heavy as did my fathers. Three distinct knocks echoed throughout my empty house as dad struggled with his heart and mind on what to do. After a couple minutes of deep thought he opened the door to the dieing world. Two men with guns insisted on our departure. Dad was silent and did as the men asked. "She's three for goodness sakes!" I heard my dad plead.
"I'm sorry we only have room for a family but you could always put your daughter on this train and meet with her after you catch the next one." The soldier replied. Whether my dad contemplated on whether it would beneift me or him  i'll never know. "When's the next train?" My father's voice was sharp and tough now.
"In a weeks time, best to get out of this country as soon as possible I s'pose." Came the response of the soldier. "Katia," dad looked deep into my eyes, "keep this tag on no matter what and stay with the children when you reach London Mrs. Hodges will look after you until I come to fetch you." My dads hand reached to wipe my eyes but I was so frustrated with him I hesitated. I looked up at him still clutching his hands. The trucks engine revved and dad placed me on the seat with all the other greiving children. The wind blew and the thunder roared as my dad blew me a kiss from afar. "Don't leave me!" I begged but my cries and screams were unheard.



© 2009 Carolyn


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

That's so sad cheese (is that the one she showed me wtih dora) YOU MADE ME CRY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.


Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

212 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 14, 2009
Last Updated on June 14, 2009


Author

Carolyn
Carolyn

Gracemere, Australia



About
So I'm now turning 16 in 7 days! I love to write, its how I express how I am truly feeling, however I do get huge writers block. I also have a bad habit of never finishing what I write as you can see.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Carolyn


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Carolyn


Chapter Three Chapter Three

A Chapter by Carolyn