The Special Stone

The Special Stone

A Story by Casey Francis

The stone glowed a royal blue in her feminine hands. The light reflected from her brown eyes. The small stone's light lit up the dark bedroom. She hasn't set down the stone since she found it on the bank of the creek on her father's property.

She stared at the stone, wondering where it came from. She looked up at her ceiling, noticing that the blue light shining from her new rock was, in fact, shining the stars from space on her ceiling as if she were outside looking up at the sky.

Shooting stars glided across her white ceiling. She looked back down at the stone in her hands. It burst into flames, startling her, causing her to throw the stone up into the air. As she examined her hands for any injuries she noticed a new light that enveloped the entire room in a majority of colors.

When she looked up the stone was floating in midair. Around the stone was a transparent shape, a planet. The stone was lying in the center of a miniature version of Saturn.

She crawled to the foot of her bed, holding out her hand. Her finger tips brushed against the shimmering dust that made up the small, hovering planet. The golden powder stuck to her finger tips as she brought her hand back to examine it.

When she shook her hand the dust floated down onto her bed. When she looked down at the covers her bed had turned into a part of the galaxy, covered in stars. She stepped onto the floor and touched her pale, white wall. The wall, too, turned into another swirl of stars and black space.

The girl approached the stone and clasped her hands around it, causing the small planet to burst. The explosion sent the shimmering dust in all directions, coating her room in a thin layer. The powder turned her entire room into outerspace.

She spun in circles taking in the scenery, smiling inside and out. Light began to shine through the cracks in between her fingers. She looked down into the palms of her hands. The stone was now shining brighter than ever before, causing her to squint her eyes. She closed her hands back over the powerful rock and closed her eyes as she held it to her heart.

When she opened her eyes everything was back to normal. Her pale walls were no longer covered in shooting stars. The stone was no longer shining. She sighed as the magic for the night was over.

She set the special stone on her bedside table and climbed into bed. She closed her eyes. When her eyes were closed she could see the galaxy once again. She could see the shimmering stars and all the planets. She would feel the warm, blue light shining within her.

The stone's power now surged within her heart and mind. It flowed through the limbs of her body. The golden dust that made up the planets flowed in her veins. She opened her eyes as an idea struck her. She sat up in bed and held up her hand. She concentrated on what she wished to see.

Her eyes closed with concentration. She could feel the magic tingling at her finger tips. Her hand grew warm. Then the warmth spread through her entire arm. The warm light flowed through her entire body. She opened her eyes again, a smile spreading across her lips. There, in the palm of her hand, she held the whole universe. All the galaxies and planets glowed with her delight.

She held the world in the palm of her hand. She clasped her other hand over the stars and planets. She took a deep, hopeful breath and tossed the galaxy into the air. It burst into a shimmering dust and coated her entire room, forming it into the universe. She smiled and laid back down in bed as her dreams took over and filled her with star dust and blue light.

© 2014 Casey Francis


Author's Note

Casey Francis
Just kind of a writing splurge.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is a beautifully descriptive piece. I loved how you pictured the stone in My minds eye, and the Female that held it. I loved how you described the stones energy In its Magickal context. and This is my favorite piece. Excellent

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

175 Views
1 Review
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on January 28, 2014
Last Updated on January 28, 2014

Author

Casey Francis
Casey Francis

Sapulpa, OK



About
I'm seventeen. My full name is Cassandra Lynne Francis. I'm really open and sort of awkward, but isn't everyone? I love writing. It's always been a passion of mine. I hope everyone enjoys my work! more..

Writing