The Window

The Window

A Story by Cassie Bowles

It’s been months since Abby has walked her Aunt’s dog, Rosco. Rosco is a huge Great Dane that Aunt Jade had bought 5 years ago, to keep her company. Abby moved in with Jade just a few months ago, when Jade fell ill.
That morning when Abby woke, Jade suggested her to walk Rosco. Abby was hesitant to leave Jade alone, but Jade had told Abby if Rosco didn’t get enough exercise his muscles would become weak and she didn’t want that. Without debating any further, Abby grabbed her bag and the leash and left.
Six houses down from Jade’s house, Rosco became hostile when he saw the neighborhood cat entering the woods. Abby tried to prevent him from breaking free from her grasp, but failed. Not a moment later, they disappeared into the woods.
Back at the house, Aunt Jade sat in her living room, reading ‘Get Well’ cards from her students at the high school, where she taught biology 7 days a week, when she heard a agonizing wail, just outside her window.
Covering her ears, she walked to the dark window and saw a woman dressed in a dark red dress that stopped right above her dirty shoe less feet. The woman’s face was so distorted that Jade didn’t know if the woman was scared or sad. Her eyes were devoid of color and her hair was littered with tangles. Her hands were bony with chipped nails. Jade ran to grab her phone and called the police, but when the police arrived the woman was gone.
“But she was here!” Jade snapped as the police man tried to tell her that there wasn’t no sign of anyone there in the first place. No footprints coming or going from the spot under the window. The police man apologized and turned to the door, when he saw a dog standing where the wailing woman once stood.
It was Rosco, but he wasn’t alone. Around his neck was his leash covered in blood with a mangled hand on the other end.

© 2016 Cassie Bowles


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

89 Views
Added on October 31, 2016
Last Updated on October 31, 2016

Author

Cassie Bowles
Cassie Bowles

greensboro, NC



About
I'm a 18 year old writer and I'm planning to write short stories for a book. more..

Writing
Go Back Go Back

A Story by Cassie Bowles