Empty and Dark

Empty and Dark

A Story by Cassie Bowles
"

This place is empty and dark

"
The room is empty and dark, No windows to show me the sun rising in the early morning. No doors for me to leave when I please. The bed isn’t soft like the clouds in the spring sky that my mother told me about just days ago. I can’t hear the cars racing down the highway anymore. This small room is a lot smaller than I dreamed it was. I made just a few friends from this room, they keep me company in this small lonely world. Stretching my arms and legs aren’t an option. My skin is tight enough to bounce a quarter off of. Silence is all I hear from my new location. I don’t feel heat from a summer bonfire, I just feel cold. I’m always so cold. No Blankets can be offered to me anymore. There’s no breeze, rain, or snow. No holidays with my family, no coffee with my friends, and no field trips with my kids that will never be born. Just a empty and dark room that I can’t escape. Being dead isn’t like a sunny summer day in the park with the love of your life. It’s just a empty and dark room, 6 feet under the ground with a tombstone above it with your birthday and d-day under your full name. If you’re lucky, you’ll have flowers. In my case, I don’t have a tombstone with my name or flowers. All I have is a young woman, around my age, buried 4 inches to my right and a little boy, around 3, to my left. There are too many to count. Every night a new room is made. Made of cardboard and a tarp. This room is empty and dark, but I’m not alone.

© 2016 Cassie Bowles


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

101 Views
Added on November 1, 2016
Last Updated on November 1, 2016
Tags: creepy, scary, horror

Author

Cassie Bowles
Cassie Bowles

greensboro, NC



About
I'm a 18 year old writer and I'm planning to write short stories for a book. more..

Writing
Go Back Go Back

A Story by Cassie Bowles