Go Back

Go Back

A Story by Cassie Bowles

"Maybe he would still change his mind" I told myself over and over again as I sat in the waiting room. He kept telling me, he wanted to stay, but he has everything anyone could ever want: a wife, kids, and an amazing job as a writer.
He would write stories about me and how many times I've gotten myself into trouble. He would write how I would get myself out of these misadventures. I would fight demons off with a sword, werewolves with an bow and arrow, and, my favorite, saving a family of 6 from a Vampire lord 'The Lost Boys' style.
If you would just stop fighting against it.
I walked into the room, he was standing beside a hospital bed and looking at the man inside it. I spoke up as I sat in the window sill "You know, I will always be here" I pointed to my forehead with my thumb. He turned to look at me as I stood up balancing myself. "Oh, by the way, Please don't throw me into a volcano full of vampire clowns holding puppies hostage, because that's just plain cruel" I joked putting my signature leather jacket back on.
He looked at me and smiled before he opened his eyes and starting breathing on his own, without the hospital machines.
I smiled, pleased with myself, "Good job, you saved your writer again" my phone started to ring "D****t, another werewolf in London, well, Good Luck, pal". With that, I jumped out the window into the night, 

© 2016 Cassie Bowles


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

80 Views
Added on October 31, 2016
Last Updated on October 31, 2016

Author

Cassie Bowles
Cassie Bowles

greensboro, NC



About
I'm a 18 year old writer and I'm planning to write short stories for a book. more..

Writing