Brother peace, sister love.

Brother peace, sister love.

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

War is alive and well. Why?

"

ps_2010_12_08___11_40_44007_7

English: PEARL HARBOR (Nov. 11, 2010) Naval St...

English: PEARL HARBOR (Nov. 11, 2010) Naval Station Regional Ceremonial Guard conducts a 21-gun salute in honor of Sailors and submarines lost during World War II during a Veteran’s Day ceremony at the USS Parche Submarine Memorial Park at Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam. (U.S. Navy photo by Mass Communication Specialist 2nd Class Ronald Gutridge/Released) (Photo credit: Wikipedia)




(A prayer for peace)


  Brother peace, sister love.


I had sat by graves of 20,000 Soldiers killed in World War two outside of Paris.  Men who died for freedom. The last war. I wonder would they understand the blunders of their children?


The world celebrated salvation and peace on a good day on September 2, 1945.

Brother peace and sister love was alive and well.


My father followed his father into new wars. I joined to served the cause of war. Peace was rarely spoken in my generation. Today war is alive and well. Hate and greed is the goal of foolish men.


People tell me peace is a dream of utopia lost in some fairytale.


They shot a fifteen year girl on a school bus because she wanted education. Killed 20 children in a school. Six and seven years old kids  learning death and fear.  Rich nations sending drones into countries to kill without pity. Death had become a business. Human life a secondary priority.


Brother peace is broken. The world had fell apart and no-one understand the new wars. Are we fighting for oil? For land or religion? War is man’s sin.  Brother peace is forgotten in a world led by Berserkers.


I’m tire of war. I don’t want my child to fight because of made-up ghosts and old hate. If we don’t stop and learn forgiveness. Will my child follow my path?


People who tell me I’m foolish and wars won’t end till we are all dead. I wonder how will they feel when they  receive a flag and to listen to a 21 gun salute?


Brother peace, sister love are one. Race, color and religion won’t matter to a gun. We must embrace love and peace. Leader of the four corners of our world must gather. Go to their  knees. Pray for peace and salvation.


This is one planet with one people. We must share the gifts of mother nature.

We must embrace brother peace and sister love for the sake of all the children.


Before we kill all things that are beautiful.


War is Man‘s sin.


Thank you for reading.

Coyote

Feb. 2013

© 2013 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
I don't know. I rarely hear people talk of peace. Have we surpass common sense and concern for life?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is an amazing work of art! I rarely see, read or hear about poets writing about PEACE. Peace is something that we all need whether we are going through tribulations and chaos or whether life is going the way we planned. In the midst of the storms going on in our lives, we need peace. We need peace to calm the rocky foundations. Peace, peace, peace...Wonderful!




Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

"Hate and greed is the goal of foolish men."

Truer words have never been spoken.

It may seem to be a pipedream at times, but never give up on peace. I hope more and more people read your words and take them to heart.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Don't give up hope my friend. I work with college kids daily. They are searching, but they are still kids in their twenties. Every now and then, a not so subtle nudge opens new windows.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

this is the most profound hauntingly beautiful piece i ever read from you

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is a story that should speak to all readers. The ending is right on!
100/100

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

the last time i heard people speak of peace and love for brother, in earnest, was during the hippie movement of the late 60's...this culture was destroyed (almost single handedly) by the Manson family and their declaration of war upon peaceful citizens, simply because they were the well to do and status quo of life in that era in California...it is for greed and hatred and fear that man wages war . these traits are inherent in our genetic makeup and i fer we will never outgrow our barbaric instincts. this poem is a brilliant and heartfelt examination of what we try to believe in and stand for, but are thwarted by our own natures. i love your writes.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

11 Years Ago

I guess I'm showing my old age. The title hit my head and I had to write something. Too bad peace is.. read more
quinfinn

11 Years Ago

the title is perfect, being an old hippie, i was attracted to this write by the title.
This is a great write, Coyote. I noticed a typo in paragraph 7. tire should be tired. A favorite singer and song writer of mine from the 60's and 70"s recently died. His name was Joe South. He wrote "Games People Play" which won a Grammy. Your poem reminds me of "Games People Play." Excellent writing. Keep up the good work.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Amen to this wonderful write! You said it Brother! We need to pray for peace and feel the blessings that God has given to us.- "Brother peace, sister love are one. Race, color and religion won’t matter to a gun. We must embrace love and peace. Leader of the four corners of our world must gather. Go to their knees. Pray for peace and salvation."

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

your poetry always touches my heart Coyote. You have a beautiful soul.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You really hit home with this poem, I had hopes that when I got out the war would soon be over yet it seems like new conflicts are on the horizon. Whether they died truly for the freedom of others or for the greed of men, never forget our fallen brothers and sisters. Love the photo brother.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I feel your sentiment, and it's reflected beautifully in this poem. War used to be fought for the right reasons, now........... Thank you for this piece. And thanks for serving our Country.


Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1735 Views
33 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on February 3, 2013
Last Updated on February 3, 2013

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Peaches Peaches

A Poem by Tate Morgan