Brother peace, sister love.

Brother peace, sister love.

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

War is alive and well. Why?

"

ps_2010_12_08___11_40_44007_7

English: PEARL HARBOR (Nov. 11, 2010) Naval St...

English: PEARL HARBOR (Nov. 11, 2010) Naval Station Regional Ceremonial Guard conducts a 21-gun salute in honor of Sailors and submarines lost during World War II during a Veteran’s Day ceremony at the USS Parche Submarine Memorial Park at Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam. (U.S. Navy photo by Mass Communication Specialist 2nd Class Ronald Gutridge/Released) (Photo credit: Wikipedia)




(A prayer for peace)


  Brother peace, sister love.


I had sat by graves of 20,000 Soldiers killed in World War two outside of Paris.  Men who died for freedom. The last war. I wonder would they understand the blunders of their children?


The world celebrated salvation and peace on a good day on September 2, 1945.

Brother peace and sister love was alive and well.


My father followed his father into new wars. I joined to served the cause of war. Peace was rarely spoken in my generation. Today war is alive and well. Hate and greed is the goal of foolish men.


People tell me peace is a dream of utopia lost in some fairytale.


They shot a fifteen year girl on a school bus because she wanted education. Killed 20 children in a school. Six and seven years old kids  learning death and fear.  Rich nations sending drones into countries to kill without pity. Death had become a business. Human life a secondary priority.


Brother peace is broken. The world had fell apart and no-one understand the new wars. Are we fighting for oil? For land or religion? War is man’s sin.  Brother peace is forgotten in a world led by Berserkers.


I’m tire of war. I don’t want my child to fight because of made-up ghosts and old hate. If we don’t stop and learn forgiveness. Will my child follow my path?


People who tell me I’m foolish and wars won’t end till we are all dead. I wonder how will they feel when they  receive a flag and to listen to a 21 gun salute?


Brother peace, sister love are one. Race, color and religion won’t matter to a gun. We must embrace love and peace. Leader of the four corners of our world must gather. Go to their  knees. Pray for peace and salvation.


This is one planet with one people. We must share the gifts of mother nature.

We must embrace brother peace and sister love for the sake of all the children.


Before we kill all things that are beautiful.


War is Man‘s sin.


Thank you for reading.

Coyote

Feb. 2013

© 2013 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
I don't know. I rarely hear people talk of peace. Have we surpass common sense and concern for life?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is an amazing work of art! I rarely see, read or hear about poets writing about PEACE. Peace is something that we all need whether we are going through tribulations and chaos or whether life is going the way we planned. In the midst of the storms going on in our lives, we need peace. We need peace to calm the rocky foundations. Peace, peace, peace...Wonderful!




Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

You always write such personal, from the soul kind of poetry. You truly never fail to express yourself with your work. I love the pics and thank you for your service!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

If only the world would live in peace and allow love to reign, but the hearts of those in power are evil and war is their game. Very thought provoking and well written Inda.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

True write,,in the Bible..Abraham had 2 sons..one by his wife, the other by a hand maid..that one was tossed outd into the wilderness..God told her he would build for him a great nation but it would always be a warring nation...and the East is into it all of the time..I went to school with many Muslims..back then..they could not get along in this country..used to egg each others houses..No berkas then..but my old highschool is full of them now..kATIHE

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Brother Peace & Sister Love = WORLD PEACE......

When will it all STOP..... cause when it does the world can start living again....AS ONE!


Your words are profound and should be published and read by everyone....

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I appreciate your philosophy, Coyote. Our culture is too enamored with war, and death, and guns. Your fear for the future of our Country and children was very palpable to me, for I share that same fear. Thank you, for your illuminating words.

Diego

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sad write the state of the world always finding reasons to fight rather then understand and make the world a just peaceful one.powerful write Coyote , war is certainly man's sin.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Thank you for this awesome thought provoking write, Coyote. We must pray for peace and for all the ones who serve or have served.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Thank you for writing this. We all need to be reminded about this evil and you did it so well. The stuff that men fight over is so material so unimportant. I shudder to think how many precious lives have been snuffed out over things inconsequential.



Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Pax
War is Man‘s sin, and I'm tired of war as well... your words always inspires and reflect us on the world around us today... much as i hate it... it never ends... it becomes a part itself in line with fate and karma... life is survival and war is the biggest obstacle there is... truly heartfelt write my friend!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You wrote, ' People tell me peace is a dream of utopia lost in some fairytale. ' We were or are given the choice between good or evil; seems the majority are content to come up with excuses as to why the former is only a fairytale. Why? Will Mankind go on playing at war until it succeeds and blows us all to smitereens. selves, chidlren, granchildren, siblings, parents. Along with the choice mentioned, werent we given the gift of speech to speak diplomacy and reason, werent we given brains with which to analyse facts and minds to find answers. I'm with you John. As long as we make excuses for war, we'll have them!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1735 Views
33 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on February 3, 2013
Last Updated on February 3, 2013

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Peaches Peaches

A Poem by Tate Morgan


Dreams Dreams

A Poem by wordman