Fallen Angels

Fallen Angels

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

A new poem. I hope you like.

"
                                     Fallen Angels

In the lair of the fallen angels. Old men talk of fleeing love, old war and missed faces.

I joined the club at a young age. Bad decisions, dead brothers and greed in love made me turn old and cold. I was used-up and knew old man wisdom too soon.

We had the women with us too. Women can get dirty and wasteful too. The entrance of the Purgatory is wide open and anyone is free to enter.

The music of Elvis, Johnnie Cash, Willie and Hank is being sang for us. Here in Austin, Texas. A lot of fallen angel are waiting for nothing.

Jenny from Belton, Texas. She told me.  "cold hearten are we. Once you told me I was pretty and sweet but you won't go home with me." I looked at her flowing auburn hair and  low-cut blouse allowing me to see robust breasts. Her  crossed legs not hiding her perfect long Texas girl legs. Her short and tight black skirt allowed my mind to wander and wish.

I reached over and I kissed her and I told her. "You don't want my whiskey kisses. Once I believed love was life. Life was love. The dignity of love was defaced. Do you want to dance with a dead man in heart and hope? She laughed at my words. Wrapped her arms around me and she sang a song into my right ear.

"Bitter branches are we. Once we were deep roots in the fresh and healthy soil of life. Now we are slowly dying. Our song turn bittersweet. You are me and I'm you. Just strangers dancing to old songs and harden memories."

I embraced her. I inhaled her perfume of the wildflower in her hair and tender neck. I told her. Can the casualty of consumption and wasteful attempts at love. Can they know peace?

Jenny pushed me away and she caressed my face. She told me. "Come a-time where we need to feed the flesh and hope for some laughter. Us fallen angels at the Purgatory Inn know one thing. Love is hard, ain't cheap and we will pay for every kiss and embrace".

I ordered two more Long Island ice tea and I told her. Sweet Jenny, I will be honored to have your company. I have no place to go and maybe we can find the light of some kind of hope. Jenny smiled. She laid her head upon my shoulder and we allowed Hank and Willie to take us to the dance floor and better places..
                                 Coyote/John Castellenas
                       

© 2015 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Thank you for reading.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is a strong one Coyote - full of metaphor and imagery.
I liked the idea of the Purgatory Inn and the souls there comforting each and opening their hearts for little comforts, to feel human again.
The final stanza is akin to the 'We'll always have Paris' scene for me in its sheer romanticism.
I think this is my favourite of yours ever.
Thanks for sharing CP !

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

Thank you Anto. I appreciate the comment. Old memories came out. I wrote five poems yesterday.
ANTO

9 Years Ago

Wow - prolific - I wish 5 would come out in 1 week !
thanks Coyote



Reviews

Not really knowing you, I do not know what is truth and what is fiction about your writes. If this is truth, you are able to speak of times in your life that many would never broadcast. It takes a lot to print truth for all to read. Valentine

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

It was 22 years ago and no-one die. I was stationed in Texas for almost six years. I roamed the bar .. read more
Valentine

9 Years Ago

I see, we all need to be listened to. Kathie
Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

Yes we do.
A very sad tale of life and a powerful one. We all have hard times, some escape, some don/t.
This is impressive writing and storytelling.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

Thank your Tina for reading and the comment. I do appreciate. Easy to find comfort with people in t.. read more
Tina Kline

9 Years Ago

You are most welcome.
"Once I believed love was life. Life was love. The dignity of love was defaced. Do you want to dance with a dead man in heart and hope?" Enjoyed reading this.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

Thank you. I appreciate the comment.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
I really dig this John :) Felt like I was there watching the whole scene unfold. Excellent imagery and a story many can feel closely.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

You are right. I was in the bars for 20 years. Took a better purpose when I learn. I wasn't so impor.. read more
This is a strong one Coyote - full of metaphor and imagery.
I liked the idea of the Purgatory Inn and the souls there comforting each and opening their hearts for little comforts, to feel human again.
The final stanza is akin to the 'We'll always have Paris' scene for me in its sheer romanticism.
I think this is my favourite of yours ever.
Thanks for sharing CP !

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

Thank you Anto. I appreciate the comment. Old memories came out. I wrote five poems yesterday.
ANTO

9 Years Ago

Wow - prolific - I wish 5 would come out in 1 week !
thanks Coyote
My friend you always amaze me, this is killer! I felt as if I was the wing man
viewing this unfold from the pool table! Thanks for sharing and b-blessed!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

Thank you my friend. I appreciate the positive comment.
john,i certainly enjoyed this write,made me look and think
purgatory ,I wonder if this is what real life is

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

I hope not. I roamed the bars for 20 years. Didn't find purgatory or heaven. Thank you wordman for r.. read more
 wordman

9 Years Ago

you are welcome,i probally stumbled into you there

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

715 Views
17 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 4, 2015
Last Updated on March 4, 2015

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Ashen Ashen

A Poem by Sami Khalil