Hands of stone

Hands of stone

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Love make our hands of rock, soft and tender to the people we love and care for

"
                                  Hands of stone




Life is hard. Gentleness is rare. We must work and work to keep up. My hands are tire and body holding pain, but  life is fair my friend. Love make the work seem less painful and the hand more kind and gentle.

Yesterday I chased rainbows and made wishes at the wishing well. Today I hold my grandchildren. I learn too late for my kids. A child embrace is a hug from God. Make us know what love is. Today I'm a better Grandpa than father. I made time for them.
     My tire body become less painful and hands of stone become soft and tender, allowing babies to fall into deep naps and taking my grandchildren to parks, lakes and the festivals. I learn life is short. Kids grow-up and in the end. All we will have left is love given and shared.
                                   Coyote/John Castellenas

© 2015 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Photos and poem.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

It all goes by so fast and we sometimes realize what we've missed. Your hands holding your children's children was one of the most beautiful things I've seen today. The lesson learned is to live your life by living it with everything you've got in each moment. It's a beautiful and a poem that's filled with gratitude and redemption.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

You are right. Kids grow-up very quickly. Thank you for reading.



Reviews

What an awesome poem and beautiful pictures to go with this piece. It's amazing how much we love one another when it comes to family. Beautiful piece my friend.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

Thank you Aaron. I appreciate the comment..
A child embrace is a hug from God.

Gorgeous …gorgeous … gorgeous

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

Thank you Pryde. I appreciate the comment. A small child can teach us. Love is worthwhile and fun.
All children are precious. I think they grow up to darn soon. Nice tribute John. Valentine

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

Thank you dear friend and you are correct.
Your poem & pictures are very special. The line "A child's embrace is a hug from God" makes me think how blessed we are to have a child to embrace because the day may come & they will be gone. You are right life is short, so give your love while you can.
Thanks for sharing.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

You are right Susie Q. I know you understand the poem. Today I babysit 15 month. We went to kid land.. read more
My father says the same thing, he's a better grandfather. I disagree. He was and is a great father. He did what he needed to, to support the family.
He grew up in an environment that didn't allow men to be soft, he has been freed of that now.
I love this poem, it truly touches the heart.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

Thank you Ana. Did you like my books. I need a bonus room for them now.
Matching Socks

9 Years Ago

You need a library all of your own! :)
very fine penning...thank you for sharing

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

Thank you. I appreciate the comment.

3
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

876 Views
26 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 1, 2015
Last Updated on April 7, 2015

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Confide Confide

A Poem by A. Amos