Illusion of love

Illusion of love

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Sometime we want what we cannot have.

"
                           Illusion of love

I held you so tightly. We found paradise by the midnight moon.
I was seeing forever and you were just entangled in the raging storm.

I whispered I love you with all my heart.

Your eyes turned sad and you told me. Love is just a illusion. A surreal dream for the lucky. We cannot outlast the shadows and mirrors of time. Love is just paper and can be shattered like glass. Dear Poet. The illusion of love will perish with time. Best find something made out of rock and cement to hold on to and grasp. I'm caving into too much need and want, never content."

Her words were true. She was like the sea. Could not be controlled or be held down forever. I held her closely.

I knew.  Love is rare and for the lucky.

                         Coyote/John Castellenas

© 2015 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Just words.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Oh, I wish I didn't understand her saying so well. It's like I'm reading my very own words.
But I believe you love is different from that. I can tell it's made of rock and cement.
Whatever the truth is, I'm glad for this illusion, for it has blessed art so many times.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

Real love is rare. We open up our selves rarely in a life. Thank you for reading and the comment.



Reviews

For most people words are not enough, they want something tangible to hold on to. Valentine

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

I agree or in the wrong place and time. Thank you for reading my work.
its true that everybody in this world do not get love of their life....a very creative poem. A good one



Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

You are right and thank you for reading.
Beautiful. I can't really say much other than that, but reading this reminded me of a couple of people that I couldn't tie down so I watched grow. Lovely poem.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

Thank you for reading and the comment. I do appreciate.
One Lost Anti-Hero

8 Years Ago

No problem thank you for the wonderful poem.
Its really amazing how well you can play with words. I really liked how you described the small minute details while making it so interesting to read.

Parina.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

Thank you Parina. I appreciate the kind words.
Coyote, this is a beautiful love poem and I really like it. I understand this even in a little different way. My love is of a different culture where for years marriages were arranged. Because of this the word "Love" is not something she is truly able to grasp, but as I continue to show her I love her she is learning more and understanding what it means. Thank you for sharing this great work.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

I agree and Thank you Willard. Love is proven and strengthen with time.
Beautifully said and well crafted words...loved it...Rose

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

Thank you SyberRose. I appreciate the comment.
These words feel so real. What she said may be true but no less heartbreaking.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

Thank you Emily for reading and the comment. I do appreciate.

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

726 Views
17 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 4, 2015
Last Updated on June 4, 2015

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Fever Fever

A Poem by Coyote Poetry