Look at me. See me.

Look at me. See me.

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

War, what is good for? Nothing.

"

                            
                  Look at me. See me.


"President Trump pledged Thursday to keep the United States at the "top of the pack" in terms of nuclear weapons, expanding the nation's nuclear arsenal if necessary and suggesting that changes to a treaty with Russia could be possible."


"The United States and Russia together have more than 95% of all the nuclear weapons in the world," she said. "We have more than enough nuclear weapons to destroy the world many times over. "


"Each side currently has about 1500 strategic nukes,and if only 1 of these hits a nuclear power station its going to cause a chain reaction that would produce a huge nuclear explosion that would result in radioactive fallout and a Nuclear Winter that would take out the whole planet. 

So,currently they can each destroy the world 1500 times over."

 Men who believe nuclear, bio and chemical warfare is the way to peace.  Are foolish. I have been told often. Less wars today than 2000 years ago. My answer is simple. Thank you dear God. Rome didn't have a nuclear, bio or chemical weapon. If they did. Today there would be no Germany, no Scotland or Ireland. Rome decree the death of these nations. Rome, England and Spain worked hard to control their world. Today new weapons are deadly and have no conscience.

                    Look at me, see me

Soldiers fight, soldiers die.
Soldiers prayer and soldiers cry.

Old veterans don't glorify war.
My father served in the Korea war and the Vietnam war.
He never spoke of either to me.
He didn't want to stir-up the memories.
He was violence and dangerous.
War taught him how to kill.
He did.

My step-grandfather was in Europe and Germany from 1943-1946. A para-trooper.
He told me. He never saw combat. He found peace with God. He was a lucky one.
He learn to forget the war in real life.

In the taverns. Old veterans sit together. When the whiskey kicked in. They show real face and
they told me. War is s**t, war is just a s****y place to have known.

I sat  by grave of good friends. I talk to ghosts like my father did. I tell the lonely grave. I miss you my good
friend and I hope you are alright. Your kids are strong and your grandchildren look like you.

Old veterans who are homeless and broke  sit on street corners. Ghost to most and invisible to our world.
They whisper to unconcern people. Look at me. See me.

We don't need new fancy weapons. We can destroy our world 3000 times and the old questions is asked. How many times do the leaders want to destroy our world? Only need one properly aimed nuclear weapon.

Dear children, my children and all children. Time to scream for peace or accept death.

"The world will end with a whisper,
not with a bang."
 
                             John Castellenas/Coyote


ll

© 2017 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Just my words and thoughts. I worry for this world. God didn't mess this world up. Man hate did.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

thank you, John, for expressing so well what is in our collective heart, here in this beautiful Cafe of the Soul, and in the hearts of most humans everywhere. It becomes so easy to spread hate, fear, distrust (just a look at any American newspaper over the past year will confirm this). Then we take it to the next level- segregation, then the next murder, then war. And we are ALL capable of being that hateful person. The fact that world war seems very close frightens me and I must personally work to keep my fear in check. My father was a veteran of world war II, but he never ever spoke about it, no matter how much we pressed him. I pray for peace to grow in each of our hearts. I pray that government leaders have a melting of the heart.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Your father like my father. Never spoke of his time in the old wars. I believe they tried to leave b.. read more



Reviews

War has no benefits but sorrow,pain,destruction...the world doesn't need war, it needs peace. Peace will restore liberty,peace will restore life we have lost.
I stand for peace, i stand for unity

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Me too. We need a billion more people my friend. Thank you for reading and the comment.
Dear sir,
This passionate appeal for peace touches me deeply as I am brought to think of the foolishness of mankind. I wonder what was the use of development if it was meant to aid such destruction. In this poem you tell so movingly of war veterans who drink to obscure tbose dark, gruesome memories from their minds and this has been going on for generations. Yet we learnt no lessons from all the bloodshed. Superbly written sir.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you Divya. Each generation learn the hunger of war. This is very sad.
May peace always be the aim. I have to agree that we don'g need new nuclear weapons. Would anyone really use them anyway? The possible fallout it too great and dangerous, and I think all world leaders know that. These are volatile times when its easier to hate than to listen and debate with the purpose of understanding. Society has lost that art. It was one of the good things that came from the Greeks and Romans, but I fear it's become a historical artifact like ashes of Pompeii.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Rome was fearless and dangerous and today. Great nations could destroy the world in minutes. Ancient.. read more
Douglas Adams said that those who seek power should not be allowed to have it. I would add that those who seek supremacy now in a world that could end should not be allowed power. Niave to hope but wishes for a peaceful contiuance of mankind whatever creed, colour or flavour is all we have. Science sometimes is not creative. Poetry is.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

I agree Ken. Need more Poets and less greedy men.
Thank you for reading and the comment.
Coyote, I really like the points you make in here. Your voice is strong, powerful and clear, yet somehow you avoid preaching, a delicate balance.

This must be a new piece, an early draft, as you have a few uncharacteristic tense issues.

Regardless, I really well done piece

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

It is a new one. I will edit. Thank you for reading and the comment my friend.
I seem to think it couldn't get any worse and then it of course does. It is truly a worrying time and getting more poignantly so by the minute, it seems. Thank you for voicing about the important issues we all need to keep track...blessings to you Coyote :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you Poppy. I worry for our world.
Ruth

7 Years Ago

Me too hon, one place affects another, a roller coaster of a butterfly effect...
You are right Sir. The God didn't mess this world , man's hate did. Your concern speaks through this write.
I would like to add one more word ambition for supremacy that also brings wars.
When man' s creativity and intelligence works towards hate, ambition and supremacy we have weapons and wars. But the same virtues when they work for a good mission they can bring peace. unfortunately ambition has more fire than mission that is why terror dances in the society.
It is good that we have people who have concern for all. If only our concern reaches the powerful ears and shakes them, we can dream about this beautiful world's survival..
Thank you for sharing"


Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you Bala for reading and the comment. I was a Nuclear, bio and chemical NCO in the Army for 10.. read more
Bala Gorthi

7 Years Ago

I understand Sir, I have seen this concern in some of your writes. Your writes throw light on those .. read more
Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

We must my friend.

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

823 Views
17 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 25, 2017
Last Updated on February 25, 2017

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..