Peace shall come

Peace shall come

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Just words.

"





                  Peace shall come

My good friend. The war is over for you. You fought the good fight and now.
You rest with 40 thousand white crosses near Paris. Just men and boys who fought the last war to end all wars.
My brothers. More men and boys will come and join you, just more men who fought the good fight.
I hope one day we learn. War cost plenty. Freedom was very costly. One alive and strong men. They have found their peace. There final place.



                            My friend

Today I stood by your grave. Once me and you, we were soldiers. I stand alone and I learn. The deep payment of war. Once you and your family took me in. Added a stranger, a fellow soldier to your family gatherings. You taught me. Family and children are life. We are alone without children at our feet. Today I brought my two grandsons to the flags of the Michigan soldiers lost to the new wars. Names and faces of men lost to war. Old men and young men stand by names of missed friend. The old timers from World War two are the wisest. They shake our hands and they tell us. We are the leftovers. We must remind the people. Great men die for freedom.

Today I pray for peace and I pray for our leaders to lead with concern, kindness and love. Send food, water and medicine. Not soldiers and guns.

"America will regret helping Saudi Arabia bomb Yemen | Medea ...

https://www.theguardian.com/.../america-helping-saudi-arabia-bomb-yemen-consequenc...
Jun 19, 2017 - Saudi forces have targeted farms, food facilities, water infrastructure, marketplaces, and even the port of Hudaidah, where most of the humanitarian aid was entering the ... But US training or having a seat in the operations control center will not stop the conflict; only a ceasefire and political talks will do that."



Image result for peace sign made out of hands

Stop and think

In Yemen. People are dying and the USA stand with Saudi Arabia. Saudi Arabia who abuse their own people and are a cold and heartless nation. Who is the true enemies? Who  funded the terrorist group?

I'm learning everyday. Maybe men are just fools seeking the good death without concern of human life and nature. Maybe peace shall come when we meet our God. Maybe men need to kill everything sweet and good?

"Peace will come one day"

Little children.
One day people will not see the color of the skin of another.
One day we will rate a man by his deeds.
Not his religion or how he dresses.
I pray one day.
We teach our children skills and trades.
Not how to fight, die and kill.
I pray every child had shelter, food and know safety.
Dear lord of life and death.
I know no-one win in war.
Please help the people in the way of war.
So many people homeless and damn to struggle.
Please send wisdom to our leaders.
Make them know.
Every life had value.
One life lost to war.
Could of been the one to save us all.
One earth and one people.
We must get along.

      John Castellenas/Coyote


© 2018 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Just words and thoughts.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

A sincere and humble plea in poetic form. So much to consider and process with this one. This is one reason I love this country. We can discuss these issues publicly and not fear the government will hunt us down. Art and poetry are two venues to speak out, as we should. Nice work!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you Robert. The photos from Yemen will break your heart. Killing women and children.



Reviews

A sincere and humble plea in poetic form. So much to consider and process with this one. This is one reason I love this country. We can discuss these issues publicly and not fear the government will hunt us down. Art and poetry are two venues to speak out, as we should. Nice work!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you Robert. The photos from Yemen will break your heart. Killing women and children.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Rye
I really like this one, I think today's world lack unity. All of us should help one another out and stop all the hatred in this world. But that's just my dream

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

My dream dear poet also. How many people need to die for the thirst of war? Thank you for reading an.. read more
I've never understood why America and Britain prop up Saudia Arabia with weapons. Maybe they see it as a foot hold into surrounding countries.
Unfortunetely, soldiers go where soldiers go. They don't really get political till the conflict is over. I actually think now, the new generation of kids coming up are politically savvy. They kids might be of the reasoning. I aint going to no strange country to kil people who hold no danger to me. Where would that leave the idiot politicians.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

I pray you do better than my generation. We allowed Son "Bush" to mess-up our world. I grew-up with .. read more
Jesus was called the Prince of Peace Need I say more.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

I agree. We need the Prince of peace today.
Such beautiful thoughts and strong convictions,war solves nothing.Hope and pray for Peace and God's alignment to our souls.I hope someday we all begin to see the heavy price of war.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Me too my friend. So much media and most people don't know what is being done. Thank you dear friend.. read more
So many strong expressions in this piece. Man tends to hunger for money and materialistic possessions. Power corrupts many people. Maybe one day we shalll see peace but maybe the only way is once we are taken home with our God.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

I believe God would be disappointed in us. So much horror in our world. Thank you dear friend for re.. read more
Poetic Beauty

6 Years Ago

Me too my friend. Much devastation and we are living in a world where people don’t see others as p.. read more
I love this story and poem. It explains so much of what I feel. Through my profession, I spend a lot of time with students and I have learned much from them. It is so difficult to speak on such matters without being a soldier myself. I have friends and family that are soldiers/veterans and I respect and love these people even if I don't agree with why the government caused the need for them. I completely understand where you are coming from. I love your style and your ability to write. I can't wait to read more from you!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you. I appreciate the comment. I saw Death Valley, Bosnian and the starvation in Africa. Hard .. read more
WOW!! So true too!
children learn by us, they do what we do, they say what we say. They are innocent and wonderful. It's all in how we are as a human. We need to set better examples for our children, they will run the world one day.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

I agree Kim. Few know of what is being done in Yemen. They are people. Children, women and me. Old a.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2476 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 6, 2018
Last Updated on January 6, 2018

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chasing Cars Chasing Cars

A Poem by MsJewel