Hold me

Hold me

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Just words

"


                                    Hold me

I'm crying and I'm dying. Once great man knew everything and he learned. He knew nothing. He made money for rich people and large companies. Forty years of work and working for cold hearten people. Left him with the bitterness of knowing. He did little.

Once soldier, once young and hopeful. He stand at a crossroad. Yesterday he visit the Vietnam Wall and he visit the book of the Michigan men and women killed in the new wars. He stared at his dead friends lost to war. He saw his friend Donald face and he heard some words whispered  in his heart and mind. Man-up Johnnie. You will be fine. You are alive and well. Do something for this world. No time for crying and no time for dying. Time for you. To write the truth.

Today I hate the wars. No-one know why we are fighting. Sending men and women to places who don't want our help. Our children are lost. The kids raised with a background of war and hate. Little opportunity and cost of education. A heavy burden.

Yesterday a writer told me. I wrote for many years against war and violence. I did nothing and no-one will listen or care. I told him. If we give-up or give-in. We are as guilty as the hateful and cold men and women in Washington. 

"If you step into the sea. You create a movement that can expand. Expand to great and wonderful things. If one of us. Scream and demand peace. Maybe the movement of the water can turn into a storm for peace."


"Little child is crying and alone in the world.  The child whispered, hold me and keep me safe. The world need to slow down and we need to lead with concern, kindness and love."

"Every day more great cities are being destroyed. The planes and the bombs do not care if child, women or men. Does God see the homeless and hungry child? Does God understand the hate of men?'

I will burn sage for my sick friends at Lake St. Clair today. I will burn sage for the countries and children who know only war and terror. I pray the God, you believe in. Listen. Please send wisdom to our leader. I'm crying for the children killed in Florida and I'm crying for Yemen and Syria. The world is getting smaller and we must learn. One earth and one people. Every life had value. We must protect the children and be the protector of nature. "

We need a song for peace and love. A song for peace and love to make a billion people stand as one. One in the hope of a peaceful world.

"Hold me close. Hear my words. Please hear my wishes. The world had gone mad. Poor people in the way of war pray for one more day. Poor people in the way of war pray for shelter and safety. Time for us. To become one in love and listen to the screams. Hold me close. Death is near and please allow me to live without war near."

The word peace is rarely spoken. No profit in war. Ten percent of the USA war budget could allow every child to have free and needed education. Ten percent of the USA budget could feed the world. USA is building better guns to kill and more planes to murder from the sky. Twenty five percent of the USA budget is for the war machine. If the USA quit giving weapons of death to hateful men and countries. Would this world be a better place?

I remember my friend Donald. He loved to laugh and he was a friend. He was a father and a kind man. He left behind beautiful daughters and I pray. He is watching from heaven. His kids are like him. Country strong and brave. Listen, pay attention and know. Today war is alive and well in our world. If war is allowed to never stop. War shall find you and the taste of war is sour. The insanity of war and the blood will be at our doorsteps.

                                    John Castellenas/Coyote

© 2018 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Just words and a prayer.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I believe "we" as writers have the ability to alter or sway the realities of this world with our words. However, It doesn't matter how clever or how thoughtful or meaningful these words are portrayed(as in your poem John) we can only hope that the right people listen, that the right people read our words. We cant write these feelings as one. We must write together as one to make the difference! Lets keep writing, John people will listen! Great piece! Best Wishes John.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you John. I appreciate the comment. I wonder what will be left for the children?



Reviews

Words and prayer are just not enough..amazing poem by a very talented poet..


Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

You are right. We must stand together as one. All races, all colors and all religions. Ensure every .. read more
How do I comment?
Easier to turn my back,
but this is the world.
World does nothing.
We are the ones.
Our voices are only a touch,
and so many more are out there.
With my cranky hands,
I give you a wish.
Never stop.


Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

I appreciate the cranky hands and I pray with many. No more war and protect the children. Thank you .. read more
Amazing poem! With deep meanings..Ur poems always inspire me:)

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you. I appreciate the comment and the kind words.
I believe "we" as writers have the ability to alter or sway the realities of this world with our words. However, It doesn't matter how clever or how thoughtful or meaningful these words are portrayed(as in your poem John) we can only hope that the right people listen, that the right people read our words. We cant write these feelings as one. We must write together as one to make the difference! Lets keep writing, John people will listen! Great piece! Best Wishes John.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you John. I appreciate the comment. I wonder what will be left for the children?
who doesn't hate wars? good writing as always john.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

We hate war and the war keep a-coming. I pray daily for common sense and no more war. Thank you my f.. read more
sette

6 Years Ago

no worries friend
War will always be the constant unfortunately. Too many egos and opinions. Pieces of history refuse to budge. I have to say I really like this because you offer a perspective that makes you pause and reflect. Great job and thank you for sharing dear poet.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you Duff. If war don't end. A bad ending for man soon.
duff

6 Years Ago

I hear ya my friend. I like the message. You are very welcome.
This is somber to read but the words come from your heart.i hear your plea regarding man's self destruction and I agree.we always come up with the right questions but where do we go for the right answers?

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

True answers cannot be heard by the men in Washington. Thank you my friend for reading and the comme.. read more
I have been to The Wall, John. An eerie place where it seems there is only silence...even the birds stay away. So many of our youth gone...for what? It's always the young though, isn't it? Old men fight armchair wars for glory...young men fight wars for their friends.

Let us burn sage.
let us think of the young
gone too soon
let us think of our elders
those still here
and those who've left
Let us think of wisdom
the old impart
as more than ravings
but a message from the heart.

Let us burn sage.

Thanks John, your words are good.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you Ted. Need a billion people to burn some sage.
Honest and from the heart, John. You are right, we should spend more on education and less on war. Your words are well written. Lydi**

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you Lydia. We need to change before we cannot.
Sad truths written hear and if only the cries are heard but hearts need to change to leave behind the coldness and become warm, love makes everything possible but there must be a renewing of the minds, so sorry for your pain🌹

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Not pain anymore. Just memories to make me know. We must be the kindness in out world. Thank you dea.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

679 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 20, 2018
Last Updated on February 20, 2018

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..