The circle dance

The circle dance

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Pray for peace, pray for you, please pray for me.

"
                                    The circle dance

I have danced often the circle dance at Native Americans Pow Wows. The circle dance had many meanings.


"The leader called to the people, the Ojibwa children begin the circle dance first. He asked the people to do the circle dance. He told them. One people and one earth. We come from earth and we shall return to earth. The sage is burning and the drums are beating.

Everyone at the gathering join the circle dance, following the children. The Chief told us. We share the same water, we share the same wind. We share the same moon, we share the same sun and the same clouds are above us. All life matters. The smallest creature to the largest. We must be kind to.

The Chief spread the sage to four corners of the circle. He told us. The sage will bless-us and heal our pain. The sage is a healer, gifts from the trees, the smoke will allow us to know. Life is everything. The trees, the  water, the sky and the earth. We must protect them. Today we gather. Black, white, brown and yellow people. We must for pray for peace, pray for you, pray for me, pray for all people. We can be kind to each other.

The drums are beating still and the sage is done. The Chief told us. Look around you, greet the people near. Embrace each other and maybe we can create a storm of kindness, concern and love. This earth is a village. Need everyone in the village to work as one.

The many people embraced each other and they introduced each other. The circle dance, a place to befriend strangers and show. We are not alone."

                             Dancing Coyote

© 2019 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Just words.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

We on earth are responsible for each other, we all are like family, each playing a role supporting the other. Your story is like that circle of life where everything moves from one side to the other and eventually completing the whole round. Thanks for sharing it.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you my friend for reading and the comment. I do appreciate.



Reviews

We on earth are responsible for each other, we all are like family, each playing a role supporting the other. Your story is like that circle of life where everything moves from one side to the other and eventually completing the whole round. Thanks for sharing it.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you my friend for reading and the comment. I do appreciate.
The circle that grows with need and tightens for strength a great poem to showcase a great people.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you Cherrie. I appreciate the comment.
wow, befriending strangers....what a concept...if only more people were open to that idea....we wouldn't have so many strangers roaming the earth.
we would all be akin to each other in body and spirit.
j.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you Jacob. I pray we learn. We must get along.
Words of the Mother earth flow through me as I read and hear this beautiful write. People have wander from their balance and need to return and stop polluting our earth, she is the blessed of the spirit. Prayers for our earth ;-] Nice write.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you my dear friend. I agree. We need to be kind to Mother nature.
I loved the video John, how proud those people were, it showed in their faces, such a shame these wonderful tribes and their ethics for living a good life were wiped out ...

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

I agree dear Stella. Up to us to keep the spirit of life alive. Thank you Stella for reading and the.. read more
Stella Armour

5 Years Ago

no beginning and no end in the circle .....
Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

I agree dear Stella.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

236 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 30, 2019
Last Updated on March 30, 2019

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..