2500 miles

2500 miles

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Some words

"
                            2500 miles
I sat alone by the Big Sur Pacific. It is 1992 and I have found my sanity again. The writers and poets of Monterey befriended me. They call me the dark poet. I have become a writing maniac. I write by the sea, so many words for my Michigan gal. So far away.
                    "  2500 miles
Pretty Julie, my wild and tender flower.
My beautiful girl who danced for me in the months of Winter,
sang words of love to me in the early Spring.
I remember you.
Once we weaved a lullaby of love,
a fairy tale wish,
we could not fulfill.
I am 2500 mile away from Michigan and you.
The Summer in Monterey,
the sea and Big Sur made my madness leave my heart and my mind.
You saw my anger and you forgave me.
I knew dear Julie,
you were my blessing,
my sweet dream,
too sweet for a man drowning in regret and great sadness.
Your love did break my heart,
love for two dead brothers buried my soul.
I called you from kind California and I told you.
2500 mile is so far my love,
I miss you and I am sorry for being so damn angry.
Now you are my poetry,
my distance muse and I will always love you.
You whispered into your phone. 
Johnnie, Johnnie.
Please come home to me,
love is waiting for the Michigan man.
California had enough writers and poets.
A lady is waiting for her poet.
We said our goodbyes and I went to the Monterey bay.
I told the sea, the moon and the stars.
Please take care of dear Julie.
Johnnie is running in circles and he doesn't want to be found.
2500 miles, keeping me safe and so far away."
I drank my tequila and tasted the salt and the lime, watched the Big Sur sea, dance for me. I told the Pacific, thank you for the sea song, showing me the free people and how to laugh again. I gathered my suicide board and I befriended the dancing waves.
                              Dancing Coyote

© 2019 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Just words.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Not 'Just words' , John, ever!

You write with such a slow, gentle sadness in this poem; gathering memories, gathering love as if a garden of eternal flowers. Your past romantic life has left you with mixed emotions, at times that is, and maybe THIS is what erupts quite suddenly towards the end.. Those miles must have caused uproar in and to your heart: being so far away from love must be cruel. But even so, the feelings still exists, doesn't it, And that's exacrly why your poem mustn't be described as 'Just words'.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you dear Emma. You are very kind. We must heal to learn to live again.



Reviews

I love this John I’m from Australia so not familiar with the big sir is it mountains or sea I love this write

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

4 Years Ago

You would love. 100 miles of free sea and forest. Few people live near Big Sur. No work, no factory... read more
Yeah . . . spent 7 months in Monterey in '69 while in the army. Great place . . . great area. Loved going into town with my favorite buddy Jerry . . . just wandering around, taking things in . . . it's where I got hooked on poetry . . . bought a Lenard Cohen book of poems on the Wharf. Would sit for hours in a local diner eating chile and reading my poetry books. Suppose it's changed a lot in 50 years. Carmel, Big Sur, Salinas . . . remember em' forever. I've a poem posted here (California Sequence) remembering my experience there.
John, an interesting poem . . . getting rid of anger, and whatever else by the Pacific. I see this poem as a letter to Julie . . . trying to explain it all . . . feelings of regret, loss, confusion perhaps . . . it's all there . . . your love for her, still a link . . . but people change . . . right!? Oh, the humanity of it all!!
Tom

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Big Sur is the same. River Inn and Pfiefer beach. Monterey, no-more book stores. I was there in 1991.. read more
Not 'Just words' , John, ever!

You write with such a slow, gentle sadness in this poem; gathering memories, gathering love as if a garden of eternal flowers. Your past romantic life has left you with mixed emotions, at times that is, and maybe THIS is what erupts quite suddenly towards the end.. Those miles must have caused uproar in and to your heart: being so far away from love must be cruel. But even so, the feelings still exists, doesn't it, And that's exacrly why your poem mustn't be described as 'Just words'.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you dear Emma. You are very kind. We must heal to learn to live again.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

179 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 29, 2019
Last Updated on April 29, 2019

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..