Know That I Too
We are never alone (a poem for mental health month)
Gypsy soul

Gypsy soul

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Just words.

"

                          Gypsy soul
                                


  Once,  I walked in the clouds, The highest Honduras mountains, I stood upon. I was a free man.

Once,  I danced with the Pacific, the Winter storms taught me. We are the sea.

Once I was alone. Love blessed me and now I have grandchildren to dance with till my ending.

Once I needed nothing, my Gypsy heart needed the long day, friendship near and abundance of laughter near.

I was born free of rules, borders and not bounded by the need to own everything.

I fell into the chaos of life, into the foolishness of war and I listen to the naysayers.

Today my old eyes, my old body know,

I am not done, we must seek the sweetest honey, places where love can grow.

Teach the children the song of the sea, listen to the wind.

To walk into a cloud and be blessed by the sun.

I feel my Gypsy soul and I know,

we are what we leave behind.

I pray my grandchildren remember, their grandfather danced with the sea and he loved them the most.

                              Dancing Coyote

© 2019 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Just words.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

The chaos of life...aptly named, John. You have many tales to tell your grandchildren...some good and others that will need to remain your own until the grandkids are able to handle them.
But, if they read this poem, it should be enough to teach them that gypsy hearts can find peace.
Take them to dance in the sea my friend.


Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

4 Years Ago

Thank you Ted. I appreciate the comment.



Reviews

A remarkable piece of poetry with much wisdom.children and grandchildren is truly what life is all about..this poem said it so well..these words to give for posterity..I think your children will indeed remember their grandfather

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

4 Years Ago

Thank you dear Fran. I appreciate the kind words.
I think everyone falls into chaos in life, I can really feel this write.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

4 Years Ago

Thank you Kescha. I appreciate the comment and you are right.
This is hitting close to home. The words I read make me think that there's always a lesson and reason for everything especially the unexpected things. Thank you dear friend

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

4 Years Ago

Thank you my friend for reading and the comment. Our children are our wealth.
How do we teach our grandchildren that we live
in an imperfect world... however, we can show them
how to enjoy Nature and dancing by the Sea. listen to the song of the Seagulls....
truly, Pat

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

4 Years Ago

I agree dear Pat. We must teach the children well and thank you for reading and the comment.
Patricia Wedel

4 Years Ago

dear John... the children in turn... teach us so much to help us survive with an open attitude of po.. read more
oh they will remember....they will remember, my friend.
You will leave behind a legacy of words for sure.
j.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

4 Years Ago

Thank you Jacob. I appreciate the kind words.

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

628 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 4, 2019
Last Updated on August 4, 2019

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..