The lady in the black dress

The lady in the black dress

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

A re-write

"

The lady in the black dress



Dancing alone in a downtown Austin tavern with my empty Black Velvet whiskey bottle in my hands. Playing alone in the bone yard of long and shattered days. Hope gone and buried, my dead and sleeping heart tempted the devil and she came.



Pretty lady with eyes of river blue, tight black dress showing tan perfect legs came to me. She wrapped her arms around me and she whispered. “Dear Johnnie, you told me in the taunts of the long night. You loved me, you needed me and that I was your mercy and was the place you needed to adrift into.”

 

Drunk Poet looked at her. He saw a hurricane, free and wild. Never to be owned or be controlled. Her auburn hair down to her waist line and perfect body outlay to tempt  his weakness and will. He told her.  “Dear Jenny, you are just a illusion my love. You are a inferno that need to test life and bleed your lover till he is  in the abyss
of a desperate torment. I have danced with the Devil a few times. Beautiful Siren. I don’t want shattered glass love and to swim in broken shards of leftover needs that are just wishes.”



Beautiful Jenny smiled and she whispered. “The unnatural feast is enough sometime. Angels become demons, cold hands become warmer hands in the coldness of the night. Warm flesh near need the contact of the kiss, the touch and the wild ride. Let pretend we are lovers. I will tell you, I need you, I want you. You are my only love. No payment required, except my love. I will leave you with cherish and burning memory.”



Poet danced with the pretty woman in the black dress. He kissed her neck and lips. Her smell of wild flowers made him dream of love forgotten. He told her, “I do love you, I do need you my muse, my siren and I know the payment.  You are my dancing and wild dream dear lover.”



 
John Castellenas/Coyote

© 2019 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Just words.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Rye
this is a very lovely write here, i enjoyed this

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

4 Years Ago

Thank you my friend for reading and the comment. I do appreciate.
Not just words. It's a beautiful and well written piece.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

4 Years Ago

Thank you my friend for reading and the comment. I do appreciate.
It always amazes me the way we inspire each other to write. Sometimes it is the great passion another can raise in us and sometimes it is something cerebral or subtle. The women in your poems are perhaps and bit of all. Great write, John:)

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

4 Years Ago

Thank you dear Pryde. I agree. Every person we touch and we cared for. Become part of us.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

84 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 2, 2019
Last Updated on October 2, 2019

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..