We lived once and what did we leave behind?

We lived once and what did we leave behind?

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Dear Sophia, her voice gave life to a song of legend.

"
We lived once and what did we leave behind?

The year 2020 was a hard one. I lost a great father. He was my mentor who stood his ground, loved God and was kind to his family. Coronaviras create separation and the world went mad. 

I am in the Autumn of my life and I tried to follow the example of my mentors. I had many great mentors. My grandfathers, my father and the my leaders in the Army. We are building blocks and we set the example for our children. What examples are being set for our children? Hate, separation, riots and vulgar people create war in the land of the USA. We need our cities safe, safe schools for our children and opportunity for everyone. What do the children see? My grandchildren go to school with black children, Mexican children, white children and Arabic children. They get along and I wonder. What are they seeing and thinking?

We lived once and what did we leave behind?

Time for the kind people, the people of peace to come out as one. For us to demonstrate for safe world, colorless world where the children can be safe from harm. Today many caring people feeding the hungry, suppling homes for the homeless and trying to help a world falling into madness.

"Violence man, crying man of hate.
You want hate to destroy love.
You want to destroy  cities where the children play and live.
Men and women worked hard to create their life, their businesses.
Who win when you burn-down cities?
No-one. 
A great man, once wrote. Violence and riot don't change nothing. They leave only scars and dead cities.

My dear father would tell us. Stop, gather, all people, all races and all colors of skin. Stand together and pray. Pray for forgiveness, pray for healing, pray for the safety of all people. Pray every child had a warm bed and full tummy. Pray all people have opportunity and they are not afraid. We must stand as one against hate. Don't listen to hateful men with the liar's prayer. We must know. Every life had value."

We need to fix problems, not create them. A eye for a eye world, will leave, everyone blind and a world of blindness can make our world fall to a terrible ending. What do the children see? What does the children believe? What are we leaving for our children?

I believe USA is the greatest place to live. Many places in our world, killing people, if you are different. The wrong religion or wrong color. USA isn't perfect and I am not perfect. Time to heal, change our world. We need demonstrations for peace, equality and no racism. Use prayers and kind hearts to fix our world. The world is stronger than we believe. Coronaviras should of taught us. Time to befriend each other, help other countries in need. More hard days are coming my friends. Time to open our hearts, show the children. We can be kind to each other, we can heal and become stronger and wiser. When someone ask you to burn and destroy. Ask them, where do we shop, when the stores are gone? When we burn down the cities. Where do we live? Create change, VOTE, teach the children well. Teach them, every life had value. Be safe, be kind and please pray for common sense.

We lived once and what did we leave behind?

One day, we shall meet our elders, our mentors, the old soldiers and they will welcome us. What will we tell them? Did we leave our world in a better place? Did we teach our children well? Were we kind to the people near and did we try to help our world?

My prayer is simple.

"My granddaughter Mia was born on a September day.
I held her closely and I whispered a silence prayer.
Please lord of life,
allow my granddaughter to live a life of joy, adventure and be safety.
Please allow her to know freedom, happiness and opportunity.
Please lord of life,
make my world safe and sound.
So every child can live without fear, have shelter and food.
Please teach all of us.
One earth and one people.
The children are watching what we do."

Coyote

© 2020 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Some words.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I did not have offspring for different reasons, but now that I've seen what's become of our world, I'm often quite glad I didn't bring children or grandchildren into this. It would be impossible not to worry & wonder, as you do so honestly in your poem. I love the way you look at things for the humanity in it, rather than making statements that come across as political, which happens so much these days (I'm guilty of it, too). Take for instance the death of Ruth Bader Ginsberg . . . we've hardly spent a minute honoring this great woman & already the political fighting is revved up to the max. I'm really sick of the way of this world. Sometimes I don't mind hiding out in my wilderness enclave where nature makes simple sense (((HUGS))) Fondly, Margie

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

3 Years Ago

I desired a private life once dear Margie. I went to Honduras to hide with the Army. I found a woman.. read more



Reviews



sometimes few words say more .. and with that in mind .. I found the whole of this page profoundly moving Coyote.

Neville

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

3 Years Ago

Thank you Neville. I hope we don't fall further then we are.
Neville

3 Years Ago


... I'm write behind ya ..
political involvement and discussion has morphed into tribalism and side taking. We Americans have become no more than Blood's and Crips. Our leaders never talk about governance or community building, just winning. Winning is everything it seams. And all those who aren't on the winning side are viewed as losers..Dwindling tax base only equals incommensurability and inequality. And inequality only equals despair and jealousy. It's a vicious circle where poor folk resort to what hurts the least. And rioting and looting hurts the shop owner but burns down the town......But I digress.

you may hear the phrase "democratic cities" used quite often these days. It is evidence and proof that we are gradually becoming a 'blameing' society. It's the other guy who's screwed up. the other race, the other town, the other country...But what I get from this poem my friend is a poet trying to battle the annoyance of misfortune with the inconvertibilis of hope. And to this, this responsibility to be extraordinary, I believe, is the summation of 2020, not the skepticism of it...Great poem....dana

What children learn first is what is happening around them.

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

3 Years Ago

You are right Dana. I live in Clinton Twp. I have every kind of race and color around me. My grandch.. read more
Very heartfelt and hopeful words, Coyote. I hope your prayer is answered.

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

3 Years Ago

Me too my friend and thank you for reading and the comment.
First of all, I am so sorry for your loss, John. May your father's memory be a blessing. Your words for your granddaughter are heartfelt and the wishes therein are ones we all wish for our children. They are watching how we treat others. They are learning by watching us. We must always remember that. Beautiful tribute here, my friend. Lydi**

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

3 Years Ago

Thank you dear Lydia. We are the teacher of the future. We must teach them right dear friend.
Wow, I am not sure really how to review this write, it's powerful and sad as well though.
Very descriptive and vivid imagery. Very well written

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

3 Years Ago

Not yet. Us, the good people must stand as one. I live in a mix community. The voices of sanity must.. read more
Just Kim

3 Years Ago

I try to teach kindness where ever I go. I believe it's all that I can do anymore. I hope it will ca.. read more
Coyote Poetry

3 Years Ago

This is all we can do. I see the fear in the eyes of the old people. we must be kind to each other.
Coyote, my dear friend. Thank you. Tugging at my heart strings, saying what I wish to say. I couldn't imagine growing up in all of this. The more this goes on, my mind escapes back to my upbringing and finds the atmosphere I was in where we weren't afraid and hated everything. Sure this was in the early 2000's, damn 20 years ago. Sure there was hate, but this just feels so much different than that was. Maybe I was too young to fully remember what it all was. I just remember it being a better time than this is my point. I'm sorry to hear of your father and wish you peace my friend. Through all the crap that has happened this year, I have grown more with my father than before...I'm trying so hard not to weep my friend. I hope you are doing well and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

3 Years Ago

I am doing okay. Staying strong for the family and thank you my friend for reading and the comment. .. read more
A voice of sanity cuts through the despair...just when it almost seems that all hope could be lost. The world needs one to show that humanity is still alive.


Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

3 Years Ago

You are right my friend. I am tire of the craziness. Thank you for reading and the comment.
I hope Sophia gets to do just that.
I was lucky as you were. I had a great mentor in my father, a great love from him...and lost him three years ago. My one grandfather I knew was an a*****e and not a good father to my mom.
But my uncle Jack was a good mentor as well.
They tried to leave us a good world, but what has it become?
I fear what we are leaving to our children...such a mess.
This piece moved me very much, Coyote.
j.

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

3 Years Ago

Thank you Jacob. My father was name was Jack also. a great loss for the family in January of this ye.. read more
I did not have offspring for different reasons, but now that I've seen what's become of our world, I'm often quite glad I didn't bring children or grandchildren into this. It would be impossible not to worry & wonder, as you do so honestly in your poem. I love the way you look at things for the humanity in it, rather than making statements that come across as political, which happens so much these days (I'm guilty of it, too). Take for instance the death of Ruth Bader Ginsberg . . . we've hardly spent a minute honoring this great woman & already the political fighting is revved up to the max. I'm really sick of the way of this world. Sometimes I don't mind hiding out in my wilderness enclave where nature makes simple sense (((HUGS))) Fondly, Margie

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

3 Years Ago

I desired a private life once dear Margie. I went to Honduras to hide with the Army. I found a woman.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

147 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 21, 2020
Last Updated on September 22, 2020

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


First love. First love.

A Poem by Beccy