I can show you God.

I can show you God.

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

November poetry number four...

"

I can show you God

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"Just thoughts and things to ponder on"       


                           I can show you God…


The great search for God is fruitless for some. I knew a woman from  Santa Cruz.  We sat together often drinking hot and tasty coffee on the Santa Cruz boardwalk. Her heart was cold and dead.

She  told me God is dead and forgotten. We are just people struggling with no place to go or reasons to be alive.

I smiled and pointed to the sea. I told her God is alive. Look at the dancing sea. The sun above us. Gifts for us from God. God isn’t our master or guide. Life is for us to decide. She looked frustrated and asked. Don’t God support to protect and save us? Look at this world. War, murder, violence and dead-ends.

I requested her to travel with me. I told her. I will show you God and you can talk to him one on one with him.

She told me. My Dark Poet friend who write of war and death. Describe love and passion with detail and sadness. What have God done for you?

I took her hands and whispered. He had saved me many times.  He led me to safety from dangerous places and situations. He awoke me to skip death and maybe I can give someone hope.

We drove in-land to the California fault line. Took three hours to reach the fault lines. This was the dream land for the free climbers of unknown and unmarked areas. There was only a warning sign. “Caution free flowing rocks”

She opened my journal and she read a poem aloud.


“The places of peace…

Ancient places and secrets hidden.
We allowed ghostly views of life and death.
I search for beauty hidden from the normal eyes.
Rare places to find peace.
I find cliffs to sit with Eagles.
I talk with the Gods of the wind and water.
I touch the soil and feel the energy and life.

The ancient Gods are fair.
They do not disturb or change our journey.
They just whisper. Life is fair.
Take what you need. Don’t abuse the land.
Love and respect your neighbors.

I sit with God on a cliffs.
I see the sky and the sun.
I have no prisons holding me in.
I thanks the Gods for opportunity and chance.”


She walked in silence. We walked for one hour. I took her to my hidden waterfall. She could not believe the strength of the water and the beauty of the location. Wildflowers grew everywhere and  I saw her smile.

I told her. This is one of many gifts from God. God is generous to the people who cherish beauty and life. She stripped down to bra and underwear. She went into the water, allowed the water to clean her heart and soul. She asked me to join her. I told her. This is your time.

The sun is falling into the west. I told her we must leave. I have one more place to show you. She took my hand and we walked to the hidden cliff. There were four seats of stone for us to sit. I told her to sit down. I have  friends to show you.

I opened up my power bag. I took out some tied-up sage. I lit the sage. I walked in circles and thank the spirits of life for the good day. I request forgiveness for coming to their ancient place of prayers. I prayed for my friend to find peace.

I went to my friend. I brought her up. I took her to the edge of the cliff. She is amazed. Two hawks are flying near. She can see forever. Tears appeared in her eyes. She asked. Are we trick into believing in the wrong things? Do we blind ourselves from the real beauty. Do we waste time and life on useless things?

I brought her close and told her. Nature is a fine example. The hawk need little. Takes what they need. Don’t kill for useless reason and love the free sky and open land. Would be nice if man would be kinder? I told you I would show you God. God is in you. In the deeds you do and life you live. Look at this place It was create by a artist. God gave us free-will and chance.

We stand together in silence watching the Hawks survey the land. My friend turn to me and smiled. Told me. Johnnie you are right. God is here. I want to sit alone and think.

I left her with the ancient spirits. I left her for one hour. Darkness was coming. We had a silence walk to the truck.

She turned to me. Kissed my face cheeks and told me. You are right kind Poet. God is for us to find. Thank you for sharing time with me my friend.


     Coyote

© 2021 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Thank you for reading.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Your poem reminds me of all the people "out there" (beyond where I exist) who are feeling frantic from the pressures of a difficult world. People read my poetry or talk/write to me --> there's such a huge contrast between the peacefulness I exist in, living here in the wild boonies, and the way this other person (many other people) cannot stop grinding on all that's bothering them. It is a gift to be able to allow a wound-up person to experience some of my beloved serenity (((HUGS)))

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

Hello dear Margie. I was single and free in 1991-1993 when I roamed Big Sur to San Francisco. Young .. read more



Reviews

Your poem reminds me of all the people "out there" (beyond where I exist) who are feeling frantic from the pressures of a difficult world. People read my poetry or talk/write to me --> there's such a huge contrast between the peacefulness I exist in, living here in the wild boonies, and the way this other person (many other people) cannot stop grinding on all that's bothering them. It is a gift to be able to allow a wound-up person to experience some of my beloved serenity (((HUGS)))

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

Hello dear Margie. I was single and free in 1991-1993 when I roamed Big Sur to San Francisco. Young .. read more
This is just plain simply truthful and so wonderfully written.
I really enjoyed this write.

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

Thank you dear Kerra. The gift of God are near us. We must open our eyes.
Really lovely. I see God in my life all the time. Not to mention I talk/pray to Him daily.

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

Thank you dear Cherrie. I have the Great Lakes near and I can find the free forest. Artwork create b.. read more
They do not disturb or change our journey.
They just whisper. Life is fair.
Take what you need. Don’t abuse the land.
Love and respect your neighbors.
I sit with God on a cliffs.
I see the sky and the sun.
I have no prisons holding me in.
I thanks the Gods for opportunity and chance.”

WOW!! This is so good, your words are powerful, I love this

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

Thank you my friend for reading and the comment. I do appreciate.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

94 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 3, 2021
Last Updated on November 3, 2021

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


both both

A Poem by Lydia Shutter


Voice Voice

A Poem by Perdition