A wisp of a thought.

A wisp of a thought.

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

December poetry number seventeen.

"
See the source image
                  A wisp of a thought..
Pretty girl sat alone. She moved her pretty legs slow and easy. He watched the legs moving and I adored her pretty face. He turned back to my whiskey and he drank her down. He felt breathing upon my neck. The pretty gal whispered to me. Johnnie, I ain't pretty enough for you tonight? I was waiting for a invitation. He turned to her and he told her. You are the most beautiful lady in my world dear Sofia. She smiled and she told me. You are pretty too Johnnie. I need a man to make me smile tonight, I need dancing and good whiskey, and a sea walk. Are you a brave man? 
He looked into her coffee brown eyes and he told her. Men are just a wisp of a thought for a dangerous woman. The young lady decide is a man worthy or not? She laughed at his words and she asked him. Are we prey or predator? Are the woman, the predator dear poet? 
He told her, I love your pale skin, I love your blond hair and I love the coyness in your smile. But us men, just beggars at the feet of the beautiful ladies. We must excite the mind first and maybe the kind woman. Will say hello.
She asked him. You sit alone, drink the whiskey till you are blinded, just observing the people. Do you want to be alone? He smiled  and he told her. I love Texas. The women are tall, spirited and they ask the lonely man to dance. I believe, in Texas. The women are steadfast, brave and strong. 
She laughed at his words and she told him. You tavern poets, I do love. Can you Texas-two step as good as you can talk? He told her. Sofia, Sofia, my beautiful Sofia. I believe I can Texas-two step better than I can write. Sofia gave him a sneaky smile and she asked. Can you take me dancing tonight? Or will you drink yourself to a early death?
He looked at her radiant smile, her demanding eyes. He told her. I prefer to dance with the prettiest gal in Austin. If she allowed me to.
Sofia bowed to him and she told him. Almost eleven and the night is getting older. Let's go dancing now and allow my feet to move about to the good songs. I need you to make me smile tonight and I will teach you to laugh again.
I arose from my seat and she took my hands and she whispered. We play these parts for three years every Friday and Saturday night. I believe you want me to tempt you Johnnie. Do you adore me Johnnie?
I told her. You know I love you Sofi. Dear Sofi, you are a majestic beauty. I come to Austin, praying and hoping to be with you, hoping for a dance, hoping for a kiss. You are my Texas miracle.
She told him. No Johnnie, you are my sugar and spice, everything nice. I appreciate you too. You make me feel beautiful and special. He whispered to her. You are my Texas sweetheart, I love you so.
Dancing Coyote

© 2021 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Thank you for reading and the comment.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

She laughed at his words and she told him. You tavern poets, I do love. Can you Texas-two step as good as you can talk? He told her. Sofia, Sofia, my beautiful Sofia. I believe I can Texas-two step better than I can write. Sofia gave him a sneaky smile and she asked. Can you take me dancing tonight? Or will you drink yourself to a early death?

I really like this part, this is wonderful and vivid and cute
muchly enjoyed

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

Thank you dear Beckie. I spend seven years station at Fort Hood. I learn. Women can save you.



Reviews

Please come to Austin for the wintertime...yes, a Texas miracle.
j.

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

I need a year in Austin, Texas Jacob. Thank you for reading and the comment.
Ah, a live story! Women live ports for their romantic souls! :) How far did the courtship go? Visions well described. I could smell the whiskey, hear the music, feel her breath in my ear. You took us there and put us in your shoes. Well done, my friend.

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

Thank you my friend. I was single and free for seven years in Texas. They were good days.
M. J. Smith

2 Years Ago

Seems like I can't spell today! The halcyon days of youth? Anywho, you are most welcome.

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

173 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 28, 2021
Last Updated on December 29, 2021

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


New Day New Day

A Poem by Chris Shaw