The lonely damn night..

The lonely damn night..

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Year ago. I lived in the forgotten days of the one night stand. People became so damn lonely. Needed someone to make them feel. They were alive.

"
The lonely damn night..
Johnnie in Michigan, drinking alone. Listening to the good jazz and needing nothing. He liked the silence,
he loved the Jazz. He went to the Jazz man and he gave him twenty dollars in his tip jar and he asked for a song. Joey, the jazz man asked. What song do you need? I told him. "Elevator to heaven." He smiled and he told him. Be next my kind friend. He asked Joey. What are you drinking tonight? Joey told him. Double whiskey and light water Johnnie. Johnnie smiled and told him. I got you my friend.
He sat at the bar and he wrote in my journal.
"Ashes to ashes we become and
riches become s**t and
love sweet, become a Winter day.
Cold and silent.
Where did you go my sweet lover?
Did I die first or did I kill your kind heart off first?
Now old poet love the dead ends.
No-one knows your name."
A woman sat next to me in the last empty seat. She was once a pretty woman and he saw in her eyes. Anger and disappointment. He left her be and he wrote in my journal.
" Ugly we become,
we become dead in heart and soul.
Once sweet kisses become bitter,
once midnight dances, become less wanted.
Now we need whiskey, sin and skin.
No more words."
He felt eyes on the paper. The woman asked. Is this poem for me? Is this what you see in my eyes? He smiled and I reached my right hand to her. I told her. My name is Johnnie. The bar poet and the bar lawyer. She took his hand and she told him. My name is Sara. Teacher, mother and forgotten. He laughed and he told her. I am forgotten too dear Sara.
Sara wore a tight red dress showing off woman hips and strong legs. Her low cut dress allowed him to see a full-busted lady. She ordered a double Gentleman Jack and she asked me. Do you want one? He told her yes. She watched him with interesting eyes and she asked him. How was your life? Did you laugh and smile? Did you know sorrow and happiness? Do you know love? Does love know you?
He took her hand and he kissed her right hand. he told her. I was a soldier, I was a businessman and now. I have become the poet. Love had forsaken me. I love the jazz music and the whiskey now. I will ask the same questions dear Sara. How was your life? Did you laugh and smile? Did you know sorrow and happiness? Do you know love? Does love know you.
The whiskey came and he ordered a another round. They touch glasses and drank the whiskey. Sara told him. Once I believed I had everything. Good husband, happy life and one day my life became ugly. Husband left, children grew up and I didn't like my face no-more. Now I am here with you. Drinking the Gentleman Jack and praying for some comfort.
He asked her. Do you dance Sara? She laughed at his words and she told him. I haven't danced in 10 years. He took her hand and the Jazz was good tonight. He dragged her to the floor. Joey played "Ain't enough Whiskey." She fell into him and he told her. I think you are beautiful. Life is lesson and more lesson. We sing the song of yesterday and we must wrote a new song for tonight. Where we don't need words, damn words become useless anyway. We need someone or something to make us feel alive.
Her eyes looked desperate and she asked him. You damn bar poets make us sad ladies believe love is right. You damn poets believe in your own words. Johnnie, I see great sadness in you. You are a empty jar and I know. You have accepted less and you want nothing. She kissed his neck, she kissed his face and she kissed his lips. She whispered. Johnnie, our hands need skin to touch, our lips need to taste skin to be alive and we need to know the heat of desperate passion. Where two become one. 
Please don't speak, just hold me close. Please hold me tightly and kiss my neck.
He kissed her neck and he kissed her lips. They return to the bar. They tap the glasses of whiskey and she told him. Once I was pretty, once I liked myself. Now I am following you home. I don't want yesterday and I don't care about tomorrow. I need tonight. I need to feel alive again Johnnie.
He told her. Dear Sara. Everything cost something. Pretty lady. You are welcome in my home and I am thankful for you. I needed someone to make me smile. She asked him. Will you make me smile? He told her. I will try.
Dancing Coyote

© 2024 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Old places, old thoughts.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

" Ugly we become,
we become dead in heart and soul.
Once sweet kisses become bitter,
once midnight dances, become less wanted.
Now we need whiskey, sin and skin.
No more words."
A great passage. To have known love is to have gained redemption. It is the pardon for all sins. The old saying that love is only skin deep is untrue. Passion is only skin deep love goes to the bone.

Posted 4 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

4 Months Ago

I agree Soren. Skin deep love, we need. Can we keep the skin deep love alive? Thank you for reading .. read more


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Reviews

Memories bring wanted repeats or never again regrets.
You share olden romantic stories with us that can be made into movies; even books. I like how you share your wisdom in all.

Posted 3 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

3 Months Ago

I need a Texas jazz club. Thank you Sami for reading and the comment.
Sami Khalil

3 Months Ago

Me too. You are welcome sir Coyote.
How we wish these moments would last and last knowing they will pass into the night to become a memory which you can almost touch but sadly it’s out of reach. Sometimes a replay button would be so nice to relive these moments.

Posted 3 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

3 Months Ago

I agree Andrew. A re-play button would be cool. Thank you for reading and the comment. I do apprecia.. read more
Beautiful wistful thoughts Coyote. Beautiful women we have known. Tina, my 90s Lover, with her blonde hair blown across her mouth, like in TS Eliot's The Wasteland. Sophie, dark haired and beautiful, who kept her eyes open when we made love. We have drank the milk of paradise indeed old Friend ✨️✨️✨️✨️✨️

Posted 4 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

4 Months Ago

We need our old memories my friend. Thank you for reading and the comment.
" Ugly we become,
we become dead in heart and soul.
Once sweet kisses become bitter,
once midnight dances, become less wanted.
Now we need whiskey, sin and skin.
No more words."
A great passage. To have known love is to have gained redemption. It is the pardon for all sins. The old saying that love is only skin deep is untrue. Passion is only skin deep love goes to the bone.

Posted 4 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

4 Months Ago

I agree Soren. Skin deep love, we need. Can we keep the skin deep love alive? Thank you for reading .. read more
Enthralling tales, that echo part of your story, now forever to all of us who want to know more of you. You, my friend are a great writer

Posted 4 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

4 Months Ago

Thank you my friend. I appreciate the kind words.
" Do you know love? Does love know you."
A lovely question John, You have known love many times i know that and you share your stories with the world.....and why not ... it is love that makes the world go round and sometimes loneliness bearable..

Posted 4 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

4 Months Ago

The stories, the memories. We do need in old age. Thank you dear Stella for reading and the comment.
Stella Armour

4 Months Ago

You are very welcome John. I am always intrigued by your memories :)
A well narrated saga of love and jilted love and finding new love you tell it in a fab interesting sensational way. Kudos!!

Plz also read and comment my newest poem too.

Posted 4 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

4 Months Ago

Hello my friend. Thank you for reading and the comment.
Another lovely tale of loneliness ,adventure and love. and hugs, touch, the smell of liquor, bar poetry, the need to be in one another's company...tales of days gone by...smiles and hopes of a better day; Friendship means a lot, lost in memories....
another interesting scene...strangers meet and drink....
Nicely written and interesting characters....
Warmly, B

Posted 4 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

4 Months Ago

Thank you dear Betty. For 10 years. I needed nothing and I found many like myself. We need kindness .. read more
Betty Hermelee

4 Months Ago

You’re very welcome John…
Warmly
B.
Your adventures, your friendships and more seem endless. John! But at least you admit to loving, whatever its depths, also seems that the memories left behind are recalled with sighs and smiles, each time. Maybe not, not my right to know. You could fill a book as large as a mansion with your tales!

Posted 4 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

4 Months Ago

Thank you dear Emma. In the loneliness of the tavern. Sometime, we find people needed the same.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

134 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 10, 2024
Last Updated on January 10, 2024

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..