Blue eyes

Blue eyes

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

A very old poem. A wise man always speak with love and kindness to the woman he loved.

"




























                  Blue eyes

A blue eyed angel is crying for me.
In the turmoil of a kind love.
The paradise of burning and powerful emotion.
It can create a strange prison.

I hold her too tightly.
Then I don't hold her enough.
The fine line of give and take.
Held on by a few words.

I tried to speak softly.
I don't want to create a wall of hate and separation.
When the fire of disappointment is upon us.

I close my eyes.
I whispered to my love.
"Let's stop this craziness. Let's sit together.
I need to feel you next to me. To  stop the anger and hurt.
Let's tear down the wall of hate and disappointment. Before the safety of
our love can't be repaired."

She falls into my arms.
I whispered. "In a nightmare you didn't love me anymore. You were my only
sweet dream. And I stood alone and watched you leave my life. I fell down and could
not get up."

"I allowed you leave my life. I didn't want to make you feel unwanted.
 You were my only wish. I would drown in sadness then to hold you as a
prisoner in a love you did not desire.
For your sweet love have given peace to a man running in circles,
till he looked into your beautiful blue eyes."

My blue eye lady kissed my lips and brought me close.
Told me. " You are my only love. You have taught me love is kind and good. Open doors with gentle touches to a new world. Love is hard and need two strong people holding on tight. Love can make us crazy. We need to be kinder and celebrate our time together."

I brought my blue eyed angel closer. I kissed her hands and told her. "I will always love you. The vision of you dancing to Leonard Cohen and allowing a foolish man into your life. I will always remember."

My beautiful lady whispered. " I will always be a safe place for you. I will love you forever and a day."

Lessons are many in  life.
 
Love brings love.
Kindness brings kindness.
Some words are best left un-said.
For words can break a heart forever.

                                Coyote
                              1981


© 2011 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Written in 1981. Any errors. Please assist. Never too old to learn.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Que
Love this poem, it is so sweet and wholehearted: the reader can very easily see that the two truly loved each other.

One thing you should recheck are some verbs. For example at the end, it should say "love brings love" and "kindness brings kindness" etc.
And I'm not really sure, but I think it should be written as 'blue eyed angel'. Don't really know if that's correct though. :)

Anyway, beautiful poem!
Cheers.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This is awesome! I love it. So sweet and tender and the ending is so right!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A very tender, sweet love poem. Words can sometimes cause wounds that will never heal and words not said can do the same thing. This is really really good. I enjoyed reading it.

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I read your work and fall right into your life. You have such a way of inviting us in without holding anything back. The end result is to feel the experiences of life while having the privilege to sidestep the mistakes we have lived through vicariously.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I can honestly say, I have missed reading your work. This has got to be one of my favorities by you, no questions asked. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Excellent as always(:

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
?
Very much heartfelt here, I agree some words are best left unspoken, but some need to be spoken and heard. Very good ending indeed.
Very nice piece Coyote. Enjoyed the read

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Your poetry never has any flaws, because you write from the heart. I love your way of crafting a whole world with a few words. my favorite lines:
I hold her too tightly.
Then I don't hold her enough.

Actually, those lines might flow slightly better if you put a comma after "then." Thank you for sharing this.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sweet with a touch of warmth, great :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A sweet and a warm read, dear friend. Life teach us many lessons. Life has much meanings when we live with the sweet responsibilities for our beloved ones.
Thanks for the beautiful read...
:)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i love the story in this poem. when you write you just let your thoughts flow out on the paper and it always turns out amazing, thank you for sharing this amazing piece of work.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

3253 Views
93 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 8 Libraries
Added on July 23, 2011
Last Updated on July 26, 2011

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..





Know That I Too
We are never alone (a poem for mental health month)
Love Me Not
1986, Penny Herrera falls into the predatory clutches of Matt, an older man who has no other intention than to alter Pen