Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Legendary Catfoot

 

Prologue

 

 

 

It was a large room, the top room which through red transparent glass, one could look out upon an entire city. Perhaps even the beginning of a small civilization.  There was a large chair in the middle of the room in it stood a high ranking official, he stroked his blue scaly snout and let out a bellowing laugh. He looked over at a cadet and asked her what she saw.

 

“A city.” she replied, typing something on her gauntlet.

 

“Yes, but it seems this city is alive.” The official stood up.

 

“Well, most cities such as this do” the cadet stopped typing and walked towards the door, her shift was over, another cadet came in just as she left. The blue colored reptilian being kept on talking as if both cadets were the same person, or as if the other cadet had never left.

 

He stroked his snout again, watching the mechanical arm in the distance search for new additions.

 

The newly arrived cadet babbled, as most new cadets did, trying to grasp the English language, he had the basic phonetics down, but he had no concept of sentence structure;

 

“Gwaaaah…huhh.” The cadet said.

 

“Yes, quite.” said the blue creature.

 

“Dur der durrr!” replied the confused cadet, now giving the blue creature an odd and hideous stare.

 

“Out of my sight, creature.” said the official, who was now furious with the idiotic cadet.

 

The cadet walked out the room, with quite a bit of saliva dripping out of his mouth.

 

This was just another regular day to the official. Now during the days he just ignored or yelled at the numerous cadets and passengers of his ship. He got just as much enjoyment out of yelling at everyone as he did tickling his blue snout.

 

Over off to the side of the room was a clear tank, about the size of a standard fish aquarium. It was filled with a clear orange liquid which was a little more viscous than water. On the front side of the tank was labeled in black capital letters “WOLVES”.

 

The blue creature approached the tank inquisitively; not having the slightest idea was what purpose it served. He slowing lowered his claw into the open top of the tank.

 

“Arrahhh!” it felt like slime and burnt like heat. The unpleasant sensation caused him to jolt. He walked over to the center of the room, sobbing, holding his claw with its partner.

 

“How could this have happened to me? I am a high ranking official!” he thought to himself.

 

He walked to the opposite side of the room from where the tank was. There was a sink that was rusting slightly with a faucet made of copper. He turned the cold knob, and salt came out, causing it to burn worse.

 

“Ai Yaaaaa!” screamed the official. It felt like salt and burned like salt. The official thought for a second.

 

“Hmmmm… If salt comes out when I turn the cold knob, what would happen if I turned the hot one?” wondered the curious official.

 

He decided to turn the hot knob, and to his surprise, more salt came out.

 

“Ai Yaaaaa!”

 

He soon found himself on a stretcher being rushed down the hospital corridor. The medics of this city wore white seamless jumpsuits, their eyes the only visible part of them.

 

One of the medics was carrying the tank that said “WOLVES” on it, curious to see if it was full or empty; he lifted it above his head and tilted it. The liquid drenched him, and he writhed in pain.

 

“It’s warm!” he shouted!

 

The medic went over to the rusted sink to wipe his face off with some cold water, but when he turned the knob, salt poured out, and his face was now covered in it.

 

“Ai Yaaaaa!” screamed the medic. “This granular white substance looks like salt, feels like salt, burns my eyes and skin like salt, but what could it be? I shall turn the knob again try to decipher what is coming out of this faucet.” The medic did just that. He lowered his countenance, turned the knob, and salt doused him. “BLAST YOU!!” He screamed.

 

The blue-snouted official laid in the infirmary, experiencing more pain than he ever felt before in his life. Beside him was the bruised medic, screaming in pain. The official could hear the poor medic’s heart pounding. The heartbeat sounded like cotton wrapped in cotton.

 

Then, the infirmary door opened, and a girl walked in. Her skin was the color of French vanilla ice cream; her hair, which went down to just above her shoulders, and irises were the darkest of black, like black cherry ice cream. Her glasses were also black with square shaped lenses. She wore a black pea coat with large round buttons that went down to just above her knees. She wore what appeared to be dark grey tights, and knee high boots with bright red laces. She was of small build. She was delicate.

 

She sat down in the chair next to the official, and handed him a small plastic container.

 

The official held it in his claws, inside was what appeared to be cinnamon, a spice with was rare and valuable in this part of the continent.

 

“I love cinnamon.” decided the official before tasting it.

 

The girl sat there, legs crossed with her hands in her lap, smiling.

 

“Go on.” She said with a soft voice, “Go on.”

 

The official smiled back, she seemed like such a sweet girl. He poured the cinnamon into his open maw.

 

It burned like fire. The cinnamon must not have been compatible with his DNA make-up, for low and behold he began to salivate and hallucinate as objects began to congregate in front of his blurry eyes. “No, No, No..!”

 

The girl asked, “What do you see?”

 

“I, I, I can’t..I, I.” he murmured. “Blurt it out, come on tell me!!” she pleaded. He stammered once more, “I, ya, I ya, I, I...”

 

She went on, “You must be having a reaction. Maybe I should get some help.”

 

 “No, I will tell you.” The official began to come to grips with his vision; slowly in great detail he described his horrific sight. “In the center of the room appeared before me a giant creamy chocolate confection with a hard candy shell with a double letter insignia upon its chest, appeared to read WW. After he stated his dreadful hallucination, he fainted

 

Three days later....

 

As the official was awaking from his deadly slumber, he heard a noise that startled him greatly. The hospital corridor was experiencing a red alert.

 

“EVACUATE IMMEDIATELY!! EVACUATE IMMEDIATELY!!” the alarm screamed.

 

Without the slightest doubt, the official ran out of the infirmary, unaware that he was still in his hospital gown. As he ran out of the hospital corridor and into the main hall of the ship, a rush of uproarious laughter began to fill the area where he was standing. Everyone in the hallway was laughing at the startled and dumbfounded official. It was then that he found out that the red alert was all a joke, and he fell for it. It was the second most embarrassing moment in the official’s life, the first moment being the time in tenth grade when he was paddled by the teacher for being disruptive and began to bawl.

 

A medic came up to him, laughing to himself.

 

“You fell for it, sir, you totally fell for it.” He stated.

 

The official went back to his lair; he knew he’d been beat.



© 2009 Legendary Catfoot


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nice catfoot! XD Wow I really like this. Keep it up.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

220 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 22, 2009
Last Updated on August 5, 2009