Chapter 3. Date.

Chapter 3. Date.

A Chapter by Cupcake.
"

After receiving an unexpected note in her book while in a local coffee shop, a young woman meets the writer of the note, but is plagued by self doubt and loathing. Continued.

"

I approach the counter with Leo at my side, wary of his true intentions. The negative thoughts ripping into my skin refuse to let me give him the benefit of the doubt. They shout harsh ideas that hurt my heart- ideas that include me being used as nothing but a pawn in his complicated game. Just as I feel my thoughts are going to devour me, he chirps to the barista, "Good afternoon, Remi, you are so lovely, might I have 2 grande chai tea lattes for my lady and I?"

His possessive speech - referring to me as his enchantress and his lady- are toys for my thoughts to play with. I can almost hear them guffawing with unadulterated pleasure. The almost sound mixes with the shrill cry of the milk steamer, practically causing my brain to rattle in my skull. Leo says something to me, but his voice is so far away I have to strain to hear him. Even through my extreme effort, I still cannot quiet decifer his words.

I halt the noise in its tracks by shouting an unintelligent sounding "Huh?"

His smile greets me as Remi places the lattes on the counter. "I asked what had you so deep in thought, if you were willing to share."

I open and close my mouth so many times I probably looked like a chubby-cheeked goldfish. Shaking his head, he hands me my latte.

"No pressure to share, love."

I shove the drink to my lips and stare at the abstract whatever as I walk beside him towards my -

our -

the table.

"Bri?" a familiar voice says.

I stop immediately, causing my latte to slosh out of my cup, full force and steaming, all over my surprised face. I stand there, stunned and dripping.

"H-hey Stephanie."

My shoulders slump. Here I was on a - was this a date? - on a, um, well, thing with one of the most gorgeous guys in town and of course the most gorgeous girl in the state waltzes up on her 4 inch gucci or prada or whatever heels and wants to pretend to be my friend.

Convenient. 


"Well what a surprise to see you here!" she says in an obviously forced cheerful voice -

No, actually I'm here all the time and you know that, so that is a pile of rat poop - 

"What are you doing here with Leo?"

I looked over at him to find his eyes trained on his shoes like they were a championship boxing match.

"I-i, um, we-we're, uh..." I trail off.

"We're on a date," Leo says, looking not at Stephanie but at me, searching my face for something with his big hazel eyes.



© 2012 Cupcake.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

176 Views
Added on December 30, 2012
Last Updated on December 30, 2012


Author

Cupcake.
Cupcake.

The Hundred Acre Wood



About
I like cupcakes. more..

Writing
Addiction Addiction

A Story by Cupcake.


Unattainable. Unattainable.

A Story by Cupcake.


Alleged. Alleged.

A Story by Cupcake.