Flowing thoughts unedited

Flowing thoughts unedited

A Story by Johnny Mike

Is it difficult to form with the opinion of the public, to hop on the bandwagon of fallacies just because it sounds right? Let us not hop on the bandwagon but proceed a through inquiry with our innate practical reason. No one knows the answer to the bandwagon, someone just made it up, then people start following, like a slave that follows his master, like a son that follows his father, like a student that follows their teacher, like a line that follows the line-leader. But there is no line-leader, a line goes on to infinity, each way, on and on until they meet, or never meet. We are on the line, thus let us not follow the line-leader, but test the line. Examine its slope, measure its distance, if it has one, observe the width, and ride the line. See how it feels, not based on a heteronomous rule, a rule that is external, but an autonomous, self-reflecting and self-governing inquiry that uses the perfect five senses that most beings have. Open your eyes, observe, close your eyes, smell, touch, open your ears, listen, open your eyes, touch, smell, listen, listen to your heart. Wow, listen to your heart, what the f**k does that even mean? Whoever coined that phrase needs to be thrown out of this realm of existence. I’m not surprised, what more can we expect from a post-modern society of millennialism, postmodernity as they call it, an ill that has risen up with this society and festered in our thoughts, like a gremlin stuck in a watch causing it to malfunction, like a parasite in a pancreas performing procedures of pain, slowly eating away at the insides of a being. Enough about postmodernism and the foul staunch it has emanated, lets go back to the line, the linear, straightforward thinking that all humans must strive for. Yes we shall have principles of morality, why? It is for the better, just like any game or sport has order, we too must have an order in our moral conduct, our moral code. We need rules to form our purpose because we have a teleological nature, embedded in our essence. I’m not as radical as Kant to say that there is a categorical imperative, but let us have principals. These rules with create the harmony that conducts a baseball game, a basketball game, a golf outing, a formula one race, and if you don’t like sports think of it like a book. You don’t start in the middle of the book, though that would be a very cool book and I’m sure some new aged hippie freak has coined one, but you start on the first page and read from left to right, that is for English, and these guide lines help your cognitive senses attain the semantics of the shapes you see on the page in front of you. It is the empirical knowledge that we use to decipher minds, great philosophical minds that we know are brilliant because we put them to the test, we test to their minds with our own, and to know we are reading great minds, and great ideas, well how do we know this? Why is Kant praised, why is it that his work was revolutionary? What makes his writing more impactful than the twitter post you read? What test shall we use to differentiate and filter our information, an app, a phone app that sensors our intake of information. Need us not to filter information, I think it is perfectly permissible to say that it is vital to filter our information intake, especially in the age of information technology where everyone is trapped and bound to the network society, where literally every piece of knowledge is at our exposal, and we choose twitter over Kant, we choose asses over Wollstonecraft, facebook over Hume, parks and rec over Hegel, cartoons over Chesterton, and the only time we youngsters read The Greats is when we are forced to do so, we are truly slaves in the system, and our teachers give us insight, yet we talk over them about the Red Skins in the back of world literature class, a rude disgraceful act that impedes the evolution of humanity. Grow up lost boy, walk tall like Heisenberg, not slouched like the cancerous Walter White, you have a voice, you have a mind, you have practical reason, use it, read, write, understand, then speak.         

© 2016 Johnny Mike


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

99 Views
Added on November 3, 2016
Last Updated on November 3, 2016

Author

Johnny Mike
Johnny Mike

About
Milennial English Undergraduate pursuing teaching more..

Writing