Pre homework thoughts

Pre homework thoughts

A Poem by Johnny Mike

When I probe into the mind of the conscience I find that it is a maze you can never solve. It doesn’t matter how hard you try, how much knowledge you attain, you will never succeed in this complex game. Prose or verse, it doesn’t matter, we are all one species that “knows it all,” but in the end we don’t. In the end, when we try to imitate Angles or God, we are in the act of imitating, and that is foolish. We are, as Alexander Pope states, vile worms, maggots, rodents of the universe, trying to solve something that cannot be solved. By doing this we are breaking the chain of being. We are violating the purpose and design of the cosmos; yes we have sinned. So what more to say than this? Well, as I probe into my brainwork I can say that one will never be a God, no matter how well they speak, how well they write, one cannot answer all the questions…so why try? Why even attempt to probe the unthinkable, the unanswerable? Is it also a sin to gain common knowledge? Should we just sit on our digital wired devices and tap into what other people are doing because we are too insecure? No I don’t think this is the answer, this is even worse than imitating God. We should strive for knowledge, especially in the humanities, yes indeed. We need to depart from our foolish slothful ways and wake up; be enlightened. But how can one be enlightened when they are surrounded by a generation that has been digitally rewired? Is this possible for the generation of the millennial? Yes it is an arduous task, but surely it is possible. Will power to depart from the ill viles of technology is what we need. Reading and kindles are what we need. The digital humanities are what we need. I pray that we, as a generation can depart from this disease, this sickness, and this addiction. But is it a parasite that is forever…seems so. Anyways, just a thought, I sure should pass on, thought you should know….ill go smoke another cigarette now.   

© 2016 Johnny Mike


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

48 Views
Added on November 29, 2016
Last Updated on November 29, 2016

Author

Johnny Mike
Johnny Mike

About
Milennial English Undergraduate pursuing teaching more..

Writing