Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Dead

Dead

A Story by Sahara Mist

The pen rolled from her hand. She watched it circle around and lay with disenchanted gloom. She rolled onto her side. What was all this for? She closed her eyes. It was a repetitive process. She chuckled. It was a light sound easily mistaken for a breathless whisper.

      Her elbow bumped a book. Now she brought it close as her eyes focused on the handwritten pages. It was a cramped and unforgiving penmanship hurried by frustration. As she resumed her read of its passages she discovered her past entries washed a stream of memories over her.

      She rolled back onto her right side. She swung her feet over the edge of the bed. It had no fancy designer’s frame, was just a box spring and mattress on steel beams with wheels. The blankets were old and faded like the light in her eyes as she shuffled forward on worn beige carpet.

       Weaving symptoms of humanity was no easy chore. The hem of her sundress fell to her knees. Its pristine white color mocked her. She padded into the hallway. Straight ahead was the bathroom. Here she was forced to suffer the indignity of gazing upon her reflection, look at herself as she undressed to shower and touch the repulsive contours of a stranger’s body as she lathered, rinsed and scrubbed. And now the ritual had come full circle again.

They are challenging…channeling something nightmarish and I cannot resist the profound urge to end it all.

Around me a cocoon of color and electric spun. Its fibers spread with short bursts with a rush of wind that lifted me up and as I stepped forth hardwood came under my feet. Its glossy shine captured my reflection and for a moment I was tempted to watch it as it watched me, but across the room dozens of eyes focused on me. I approached the cluster of whispering and smiling women. Indeed my interest was not with them rather than what lay to the right. I ambled by without as much as an upward glance, my fingers curling into my palms as I suppressed the urge to strip the flesh from their bones.

Argument was not in me as I knew it was true. I hated it. I hated not being able to refuse emotion in the eye of malice. I gestured with my fist and the door in front of me opened. Turning into the passageway blanketed with limestone hues my senses alerted me to a foul odor and the events that had transpired years ago.

Mortal dungeons harvest naive sensations in a romantic desperation as forever melts over madness in lavender shades.  Should these sentiments become reality there would be no need for money or power, but explaining this to the fool at my feet would be a waste of time. And if there was one thing I knew love survived scores of centuries and nightmares.  In all my time there wasn’t a greater source of power.  And someday he will bore what I have stalked throughout time for.  He, in a moment of lust, will supply me with the very reason for this exact moment.

Fear fathers immense falsehoods. It can be something invented by man or spawned by devils, but regardless it houses a special kind of life. Perhaps that is what makes humans so...interesting. The blocks under their feet are always moving, changing and disappearing, but they cannot seek what is beyond their faces without succumbing to desire and rage.

Fear motives ill will and adds heightened reason for exercising malice. The fear of the unknown haunts, taunts and in a way flaunts insecurities. After all it is insecurities that escort a jealous psyche down never-ending corridors. Hate is its close sister.

And I cannot remember today's date.  The mornings and nights are blurred. Time's hands mock me.

Diamonds descended upon the formless void. From their sparkle radiated light. It was a discovery very little found sweet. For these fragile strands were responsible for so much while accomplishing so little. Now as they spun a colorless web agony swept across the landscape. Maybe once they could have been something more, something better, but destiny closed off all hope.

Timeless tragedy counted from eternity and then something curved the line and slowly from pain's depths emerged darkness. There can never be anything less than misery when hazard breathes misfortune and exhales rage.

Sunshine never will again call me sister. Shades of the past creep upon me in sharp strides as metal glides across ivory satin memories cloud hazel eyes. Painted lips utter fowl disgrace while ignorance plays foolish games with fragile hearts and neglected souls.

Still here truth fails as it is twisted out of shape and image presents a horrible monster for all to hate. Lies are flimsy bricks often thrown, but ropes tie innocent hands. You never see me. I am a ghost behind a wall. You'll never know I was here. Like the wind you pass by without a care. There are other people in your life more important than me. I understand that.

          Now with these few comes chance to unleash it all. Let Hell begin.

Breaking boundaries imposed by the sun, chills sink deep as time bargains with substance pain pours like rain. Rocking does nothing to soothe tides. Madness loves company. And so I entertain my guest.

Twisted yards cripple and wither. It speaks to me in bouts of rumbles and gurgles. Two whites swallowed have caused this agony. Their bitterness resides in my core. And in the moonlight I ache. I beg for deliverance. I beg for solace.

Though fear manifests deep within my heart, death creeps upon me in shadows from a nightmare.  In time their power hungry seek and destroy methods will back fire. Dangerous these wicked beasts are as the quest for money drives them far.

Heels resonating against pavement stole my attention. Human clusters maneuver around me. Some walk through me as I haven’t taken corporal form, but regardless I feel them. Their aromas are an exotic assortment.

That was when it started. As I remained there looking after them and experiencing their sights, sounds and odors it stabbed me like a cruel serrated knife.

Do they really deserve to be cattle? Do they really deserve to be harvested and their…beings sold as priceless goods? Here I stand and I feel them; their thoughts and emotions stream through me. I see their memories. I know their hopes and dreams.


© 2017 Sahara Mist


Author's Note

Sahara Mist

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow! your diction is incredible!!! i was a little confused by the grammar at points, but this character you've built is extremely interesting!!! I would love to see more!

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

154 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 24, 2015
Last Updated on January 25, 2017
Tags: death, life, depression, angst

Author

Sahara Mist
Sahara Mist

About
I'm a awkward girl who is quite immature though very shy and usually afraid to talk to people. more..

Writing