The Journey

The Journey

A Story by Chandu
"

a women recalling her memory about how she met her partner

"

"Where are you? It's been an hour since u started.We are getting late for dinner.Show yourself here as soon as possible (speaking on phone)" I am still waiting and having find myself nothing to do I have gone through a pile of papers left in my desk. Then I found something.I am taken aback on looking at it.  

          It was in the month of January. I was all set up to go home for vacation. I was waiting for my train at the Railway Station along with my friends dawdling.  My train arrived. I got into the train and when it is about to leave,started waving hand at my friends saying bye. The weather was cool. I was looking out at the sky and the trees that were passing by. A lot of things running through my mind. Suddenly a boy accidentally stomped on my suitcase and I raised my head furiously but on seeing him I was rendered moot. He apologized for his spastic behaviour. I am feisty by nature but I didn't  say a word to him. I smiled.I think it happened to me what People call the love at first sight.Then he sat in front of me. He had smothering good looks and he was becoming. I can't refrain myself from looking at him. Then I took out a newspaper and started reading it. No, actually pretending like I was reading it. I was peeping at him through the gap between my fingers.His eyes were grey which according to me is the most dashing thing a guy has ever had. I was awaiting a chance to talk to him. I was thinking of several ways of introducing myself but I'm not dare enough to initiate a conversation.I was biting my nails and moving my eyes in different directions exactly like someone who is going to take a test in two minutes.While I was at it ,he noticed me having some troubled and asked me if there was a problem.I said nothing and smiled again with my face down.Then he introduced himself and our talk went on like for an hour and so. I was taken away by his style of talking , his looks..... He told me about his family and also about recent death of his father. It was like we have known each other for a long time and discussing personal issues. Basically I am an introvert but I listened to every piece of crap he said to me.It felt strange. I didn't feel any kind of insecurity to tell him about my personal life, my secrets and what not .we almost forgot the fact that we had just met.I happened to love him and from what I saw I thought the feeling was mutual.I didn't want to express my feelings to him as that is not my forte.I was expecting him to bring out his feelings for me. Finally he had to get down at a station.The train stopped.We were looking at each other thinking one of us would say something.But reign of silence was present. No one said anything.He got down the train.My heart at that time was pounding fast. It was a magical feeling that I had never felt before something like my happiness is leaving me. My eyes couldn't withhold the tears. He was moving away form me. I expected him to look back at least once at me so that I can smile at him for the last time but it didn't happen. I was really devastated at that time. He vanished finally. Train started moving. I was laying against window staring outside. Then a little girl came and handed me a bunch of flowers and a letter which says "I may miss u now and I am not going to miss u in my life" and I closed it with a smile on my face. 
     (present) " Someone is busy in memorizing a beautiful past" voice came from the door.It is him and blush creeps over my face.Then we both went on dinner as it is our first anniversary

© 2017 Chandu


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

65 Views
Added on February 2, 2017
Last Updated on February 2, 2017

Author

Chandu
Chandu

vellore, Tamil Nadu, India



Writing
The Proposal The Proposal

A Story by Chandu