Abducted?

Abducted?

A Chapter by Charly-o
"

Our tale begins with our characters thrown into the middle of a story they had no idea they were a part of.

"
Piper knew something was wrong the moment she opened her eyes. her alarm was set to go off at 6am every morning so as to wake her up in time for her long commute to school, and it was the middle of winter, so of course, it should be darker than Hitlers heart outside. Instead the sun streamed through her window, and she couldn't hear a peep from her alarm clock. Well, her phone, I mean does anyone actually use an alarm clock these days? She was staring at her ceiling, trying to process the possibility of having slept through her obnoxiously loud alarm, when the sun began to move. Actually come to think of it her window never got sun in winter, and the sun had never seemed quiet so white before. That's about all the thinking she had time for before the room went black, and a cloth was shoved over her mouth; well all the thinking apart from one jumbled "What the hell!" And then she tripped, stumbled, and fell out of the conscious realm.
Melainny was reading. She did a lot of that. Of course she shouldn't have been reading, it was the middle of the night and she had school the next morning, but she knew she'd be fine in the morning. Well, not really, but the book was riveting and she couldn't bring herself to put it down, not yet. Her apartment was on the fifth floor, and her window overlooked nothing but the empty road outside, so it came as a bit of a surprise when torch light flooded her room, level with the window. She tore her eyes from her book just long enough to see a figure in black force a hand firmly across her mouth. She tried to bite the offending hand but found it clad in a leather glove, meaning all her biting was doing was making it damp and therefore more uncomfortable to have across her mouth. She tried to squirm out of her attackers grasp but found herself unable to get free. Then the hand let go for half a second only to be replaced by another, this one holding an odd smelling cloth. She had just enough time to register what this meant before she began to feel herself slipping away from the world around her. She clutched tightly to her book for comfort before fully leaving consciousness behind.
Edward was styling his hair. Though it was the middle of the night he still hadn't decided how he was going to dress tomorrow, and all that depended on what style he chose for his hair. the sink around him (and, admittedly, the floor) was strewn with bottles of various sprays and gels, chucked aside in a frenzy to, wait, sorry, I mean 'carefully and thoughtfully placed' in an attempt to find the perfect look. He was nearing a look that he liked, a sort of casually formal look with his fringe spiked casually and the back lying naturally. the only problem being that it had taken him four hours to achieve this, and he would only have five minutes to replicate it tomorrow. He supposed he could just stay up all night, it would give him more time to plan his clothes for tomorrow. He was busy thinking through how vital sleep would be for his performance tomorrow when her heard a noise from down the corridor, a sort of dull thud followed by a mumbled cuss. The source of the thud was obvious, someone must have stubbed their foot on the bag he left in the hallway, (his briefcase containing his CV and resume, and to be honest not much else), he tripped over it every time he went to the bathroom, but what was more puzzling was who was walking, or more accurately stumbling, down his hallway. Edward lived alone in a shabby two room house, and had never had any visitors except the landlord. Was it a burglar?
After a few moments of agonising silence Edward peeped out the bathroom door. The door was set at the end of the hallway, and for some puzzling reason the hallway twisted around it to reach the combined bedroom/lounge (his bed pulled out of his sofa) which was set behind the bathroom. This meant that he could see a small segment of the hallway from the door before the hallway turned a corner and ran along beside the bathroom wall. The bathroom light only reached as far as the corner, so to look down the hallway he would have to step into the dark. He was thinking of making a lunge for the lightswitch in the hall when he remembered the bulb was blown. 
Again he stood in silence, anxiety clenching his organs, whilst his neck and back stiffened into position from peering out the door for so long. After around five minutes his fear began to fade and he crept around the corner, only to feel a strong hand holding a cloth clamp across his face. His feet loosened under him and he slumped slowly to the floor, head and carefully styled hair pressed and flattened against the wall. The world around him began to slip away and his vision blurred and then left him, taking his mind with it. 


© 2017 Charly-o


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

132 Views
Added on May 27, 2017
Last Updated on May 27, 2017


Author

Charly-o
Charly-o

New Zealand



About
I write a lot, and just wanted to put some of it out there. A lot of my stuff is meant to be spoken word, so won't always have the effect I was going for in type, but oh well :) more..

Writing
Round 2 Round 2

A Chapter by Charly-o