Round 2

Round 2

A Chapter by Charly-o
"

Piper finds herself in a rather, unpleasant, situation. (not complete yet but may be a while until I continue)

"
As Piper's eyes closed and her consciousness left her body, simultaneously her eyes opened and her consciousness entered her body, like she had just woken. Again. This was enough to confuse her already, so adding the inability to feel or move her body any more than the reflexive opening of her eyes was enough to push her straight on past confused and onto panic. Of course the lack of any physical reaction to her panic just panicked her more, destroying any reason or rational thinking and leaving her mind reeling and unable to focus, all rational thought gone. Her vision became blurred and unsteady and her brain felt as though it were in a vice. Half formed words ideas and phrases rushed past her perception too fast to be processed or even truly acknowledged as her world collapsed into fear. Then, slowly, she began to feel. The experience was like growing a body, one she felt through like her own, but it was somehow not quite her. Her lungs were breathing uneven and fast, and her strange body began to curl into itself, her knees pulled right up against her forehead and her hands clutched into the gap between her thighs and her chest. Every muscle in her body was clenched like a fist, already beginning to cramp, and she rolled over so that her shins were pressed beneath her, her forehead still pressed and her knees and her hands still clenched tightly. She gasped for air and felt sobs begin to wrack her body uncontrollably as her nails dug into her palms and locks of her hair clung to her face damp with tears. She felt a hand on her arm, making her panic more and causing her to shriek and thrash against the intruder, feeling the weakness of her limbs as they waved feebly in the air. She looked properly at her arms for the first time since she had... woken? She wasn't sure that was the right word, this was something else. They, her arms that is, were bony and malnourished, and held no resemblance to her own arms. Forgetting the hand and it's owner, she held her arms beneath her and began to sob again. "no, no, no, what's happening? These aren't my arms what's happening I don't understand WHERE AM I?" She screamed panicking again and shaking on the smooth hard floor beneath her, feeling the fragile flesh of her body bruise against the solid unyielding floor. Then her estranged arms were grabbed from her held in the air above her head. She struggled weakly against the hand gripping them there but found her body too weak to even stand a chance of breaking free. Her hands were tied to some form of rope or strap keeping them pointed straight up and footsteps began to move away from her from behind. She struggled to turn around but found herself unable to look at the source of the noise. Out of the blue a woman's voice coming from the direction of the footsteps said "I'll come back when you've calmed down a little, hmm?" And a door slammed shut, leaving her with only the echoed sounds of her body shifting position.
Piper began to inspect her surroundings, finding herself in a small square room, with the three walls she could see, the floor, and the ceiling all smooth and pristine white, except for a large black dot on the wall directly in front of her, just above eye level. The room felt almost surgical in it's cleanness; the thought sent a shiver down her spine.She was wearing plain thin linen clothes, adding to the clean hospital feeling. Her arm muscles were already beginning to ache from their awkward position, and the bruises she had accumulated were aching too. All in all she found herself horribly uncomfortable and forced to look down at the sack of bones that seemed to be her body, naked with each rib casting a shadow on the inverted skin below it. Her hip bones could cut through steel and her thighs practically curved in instead of bulging out. Normally she was a little thicker around the stomach than most people around her, and honestly she'd wanted to lose some weight for a while, but this was certainly not what she had meant. Looking at her own body was like looking at that of a strangers, but she felt her flesh as her own. After a while she found the sight of it unbearable and stared at the black dot on the wall instead, her head inclined up just a little to do so as she was still kneeling. She guessed that when standing the dot would be about her head hieght, an idea she found strangely unnerving. Every was strange and unnerving right now, it was like the world had fallen apart and left her here. Staring at the dot still she felt tears begin to slide down her face, only to catch on the ledges that were her cheekbones, then collect and begin to drip onto her jawbone beneath. 
"This is a dream." She told herself, desperately trying to believe her own words. But you couldn't feel pain in a dream, and her arms were really starting to ache. "No. No this is a dream and I'm going to wake up any minute now and go to school, and it will turn out that I was just sleeping funny, and I'm fine, and everything was all just one bad dream." The thought was comforting, even if she didn't really believe it. How else was she supposed to explain all of this? She couldn't; and so a dream it must have been.

An undeterminable amount of time later, (what with the room having no windows and Piper having nothing to do but stare at a wall,) she heard a noise behind her and sensed someone walk into the room.


© 2017 Charly-o


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

67 Views
Added on May 27, 2017
Last Updated on May 27, 2017


Author

Charly-o
Charly-o

New Zealand



About
I write a lot, and just wanted to put some of it out there. A lot of my stuff is meant to be spoken word, so won't always have the effect I was going for in type, but oh well :) more..

Writing
Abducted? Abducted?

A Chapter by Charly-o