Chapter 9 (Justine)

Chapter 9 (Justine)

A Chapter by Cameron Lockhart
"

Justine prepares to help Yvette on the rest of her journey, but starts to fear losing her after the quest is over.

"

I just couldn't believe it… Yvette was a first-timer, yet somehow it made for the best sex I'd ever had in my life. Just how often does that happen? Was she just unknowingly gifted in the nonexistent sack? Much as I wanted to keep mulling on such an oddity, I chose instead to move on and make the most of it. Yvette and I agreed to do it a few more times over the next month, each instance better and more mind-blowing than the last. She became more confident in both herself and her ability to be in a relationship, and I learned just how awesome it felt to be under someone for once.


It was morning as I entered Yvette's guest suite, a tray packed with breakfast in my hands as my whole body pleasantly tingled from what we'd done to each other last night. When I shouldered open the door, I saw her already awake and stretching under the covers, turning to me and squinting as she eyed the food. She really needed those glasses more than I thought.


"Huh, never thought I'd see you in those," she said, pointing at my modest flannel pajamas. I'd changed into them in the middle of the night while she was conked out. "I'll be honest, you struck me as the kind of person who sleeps naked."


"Well, only after sex." I smiled back as I gently climbed into bed, being careful not to spill our breakfast as I pecked her on the temple. "And speaking of sex, any chance you'd be down for next week? If you thought what we've done so far was wild, just wait until you try period sex; the mess might be a dealbreaker for some, but to compensate, you get free lubricant, cramp relief, increased friction, and more cataclysmic orgasms."


"Eh, I'm game. Blood doesn't freak me out too much."


"Alright! Nice to know you're not as cowardly as my brother." I mentally walloped myself for the way that came out, but thankfully Yvette seemed smart enough to know what I meant.


"Just one problem, though. I don't get periods, remember? …although I believe mine would be next week."


"Even better! Anywho, this should have enough carbs and protein for both of us to fuel up."


"Both of us?" Yvette reached for her glasses as she stared down at the stack of peanut butter buckwheat pancakes, with chocolate chips and pecans mixed in, all garnished with banana slices and a thick coat of syrup. "What, you're gonna make us run around the neighborhood or something?"


"No, silly. Just wanna make sure we don't tire out on the road." I helped myself to a kielbasa link, gathering a piece of it onto my fork with some sunny side up egg.


Yvette didn't respond, probably too stunned to react, but she tried to mask it by digging into the fruit salad.


"Yep, you heard me. I just got a call, saying both of our cars have been fixed, so now we can hit the road and head to where you were trying to go before we met."


"Oh, uh… wow, th-thanks Justine," Yvette replied at last, putting on a small smile. "Gee, I forgot all about that."


"Not a big deal. Happens to the best of us. But as soon as you're ready, we can head down to Orange County and you can see your dad."


"O-Okay…"


I figured she was still speechless at the revelation. Probably a little shocked at how I'd managed to fix up her totaled car instead of just buying her a new one. But when you're rich enough to buy a mansion for your dog, not many things are out of reach. Speaking of my dog, Carter managed to nuzzle the cracked door open, looking as hyperactive as ever as he leapt onto the bed. Thankfully all the food had been eaten, mostly by Yvette to no one's surprise, so I wouldn't have to worry about accidentally poisoning him. I quickly slid the tray onto the nightstand to my right, just out of his reach as I started to pet him, savoring the licks he gave to my face. Yvette pet him for a bit too, before slipping her scantily-clad self out of bed to freshen up. Calvins and glasses? Yes please!




I figured it was time for me to get ready for the day too, so I gently lifted Carter aside and climbed out of bed, taking the tray down to the kitchen where Ruby was busy with the rest of the dishes. I'd whipped up this heaping breakfast all by myself, a skill and hobby inherited from my parents, but was kind enough to leave a helping of it out for her.


"Just leave those here, lass. I got 'em," she said, and I did as I was told. "Any plans for the day?"


"Oh, not much. Yvette's car should be dropped off here soon, and we may or may not be heading out again. Dunno for how long." I shrugged.


"Always going on a trip somewhere, I see," Ruby chuckled. I could tell the possibility of me leaving excited her a little, mainly because it meant she'd actually have stuff to do for once, what with me not being around to do it myself. "I don't blame you, for wanting to make the most out of your youth."


"Well actually, it's mostly for Yvette. She was originally gonna pass right through here, and now that she can, I thought I'd be nice and help her one last time before we say our goodbyes…"


"You still haven't come clean about your crush?"


"What? No! I already have! I mean, surely you've heard what we've been up to this past month."


"Surprisingly, no. Need I remind you my room is on the opposite side of the house, and I sleep with a noise machine."


"Right… well, the point is, I feel our relationship has really become something special, despite it occurring by complete accident. And I just… I just don't want it to end so soon. I feel the least I could do is go with her and provide some support, just to make sure she doesn't forget me, like all but three of my previous love interests probably have by now."


By this time, I'd migrated onto one of the barstools by the countertop, slouching and cupping my hands over its smooth, marbled surface as Ruby turned on the dishwasher. I was a little surprised I hadn't started crying after saying what I said, especially with my period on the horizon, but it was all true. Every failed relationship from my lifetime had been the equivalent of someone taking a meat tenderizer to my heart, and by now it was so tender that one more heartbreak might be the last, whether it be induced via a fight, incompatibility, or worse, my love interest simply walking out of my life once she got what she wanted from me. I'd felt that several of my exes were "the one," but with Yvette, I was getting that vibe more than ever, with how we complimented each other so well. I had to make sure I could keep her, without crossing the moral horizon.


"Now now, Justine, there is no need to fret," Ruby spoke up, putting a hand on my back. "If you really feel this Yvette character is the right one for you, then it's time to make the jump."


"The jump?" I knew she was a decade older than me, but she still seemed too young to be spouting these grandma euphemisms, or proverbs, or whatever.


"Yes. The only way you can find out how things will end up is if you take a chance on them. You could win, or you could lose, but regardless of the outcome, at least you will know."


"Yeah… I guess you're right…"


As she smiled and exited the kitchen, I stood up with a renewed feeling of determination spreading throughout my face. Now was my chance to make another move and further my relationship with Yvette, and like a cell floating in hypertonic liquid, my window of time was shrinking by the second. Guess my twin's nerdy-ness was starting to rub off on me…



© 2022 Cameron Lockhart


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

37 Views
Added on September 1, 2022
Last Updated on September 1, 2022
Tags: romance, fitness, friendship, lesbian, autism, out of shell, drama


Author

Cameron Lockhart
Cameron Lockhart

Charleston, SC



About
I've loved writing ever since I could properly hold a pencil, and I currently strive to become a published author someday. In 2021, I earned a BA in Creative Writing; I primarily focused on prose and .. more..

Writing